Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CyberDirector Crashes Whenever Editing with Altered Video/Audio Speed
Drencrom123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2021 20:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Every time I attempt to edit a project in which I have altered the speed of at least one clip the program freezes and then crashes. It's not always an instantaneous thing. Sometimes I can edit for a few minutes before the crash occurs. But it almost always occurs within 5 minutes of opening the aforementioned project. As far as I can tell, it only happens when the speed of a clip has been manipulated. Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag results so we can see the technical details of your computer.
Drencrom123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. Here are the DxDiag results.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
144 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
91 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for sharing the results. You've got a powerful new-ish system and the Windows Error Reports at the end show many PD19 crashes.

You video drivers are a bit dated and there is an urgent BIOS update for your system that was released just 3 days ago. Visit the Dell support page and let the automated tool detect your system and show you what updates are ready. You may also want to run the SupportAssist app which can diagnose any problems that might be present.

Once everything is up to date, see if PD19 is able to run more smoothly. If you still have problems, they might be related to the specific kinds of clips you're working with. You can attach a sample clip here so other people can test it on their own systems.
Drencrom123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This seems to have done the trick. Haven't experienced a crash since I installed updates. Hope it stays that way. Thanks so much!