Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Popping Sounds That Weren't There Previously at the Beginning of Audio Clips.
Drencrom123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2021 20:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PowerDirector for a number of years and for some reason projects in progress that had been working fine previously have started to exhibit popping noises where audio clips begin. This is both when played back in the timeline and when newly rendered. Renderings done previously work fine, but the same projects when rerendered or played back on the timeline now have these popping noises. In the past deleting the temporary files usually solved most sound issues I've had but that isn't working in this case. Any ideas on why this could be happening and how I can fix it?
Drencrom123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is it normal to fix popping issues with audio transitions in the timeline only to have them show up in the rendered project? That's happening to me. Also the popping sounds often return to the timeline if I close the project and reopen it.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No, that's not normal but you haven't provided any of the technical details as requested in the Read Me Before Posting guide. Sometimes a Windows Update patch or new driver can cause issues like this and the DxDiag test results will show many the details.

You can try turning off the options under Preferences | Hardware Acceleration and produce without using any hardware encoding to see if that resolves the issue.

You may also want to make sure you have the latest version of PD19 (build 3226) from this page.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 21. 2022 20:24

Drencrom123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry about not including all the relevant information in my first post. I do have the latest version of PD19 (build 3226) already, and hardware acceleration is already turned off. I did install a windows update within the last week or two, so I guess that could be contributing to the issue I'm having. Here are the DxDiag test results I got:
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
141 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
104 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the details. It looks like you could use the Dell driver update tool and get the latest BIOS and nVidia driver, each of which is marked as Urgent. I think there will be other updates available as well.

If the problem persists, you may want to use File | Pack Project Materials and upload the project contents to a cloud folder on Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive and share that with CL tech support so they can see if they have the same issue on their end. You can also share a link to the packed project here if you're comfortable with other forum viewers accessing the clips and letting them see what happens on their systems. See this FAQ for more info.

I had similar problems occur with PD17 and I had to add quick audio fades or volume keyframes at the beginning or end of specific clips to prevent the glitches. I never determined the cause, and I don't know if it was the specific clips I was working with or if the next update solved the issue, but that might be a workaround for you now.
Drencrom123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for all the help! And for letting me know that I needed to update my system, which I just did. Didn't fix the problem I was having, but I will try the workaround you recommended. Now I'm facing another, unrelated issue though. I should probably start a new post to ask for advice adout that.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Now I'm facing another, unrelated issue though. I should probably start a new post to ask for advice adout that.

That would be bestđź‘Ť
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for all the help! And for letting me know that I needed to update my system, which I just did. Didn't fix the problem I was having, but I will try the workaround you recommended. Now I'm facing another, unrelated issue though. I should probably start a new post to ask for advice adout that.

I had what sounded like what you had, the video files frommy Fuji Foinepix 6000 (and no other source) had that "pop" at the beginning of the clip when I drropped it into the timeline, and deleting that first frame, or any length of the front of the video did not eliminate it.

None of the suggestions helped, so I just made my movie, "Produced" it, then started a new project, dropped the new production into the timeline, then carefully deleted that ne fram at the beginning of eash shot from that camera with the "pop."

It was an annoying, time-consuming workaround, but it got the job done.