Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
thanks for the feedback
Thanks for the feedback, it's really appreciated.

Tony makes a good point regarding the Dual graphics card. I guess it comes down to getting the best setup within your budget. For an extra £500, I can either upgrade the processor to the i7 2960 XM (2.7Ghz -3.7Ghz) or upgrade the graphics card to a Dual - not sure which will provide the best increase in performance.

Dafydd also makes a good point regarding the camera, which I must admit, I had not given much thought to, mainly because my old Laptop can’t even cope with my current camera. I did however put this forward to my Finance Minster (The Hon. Wife), who had to be immediately resuscitated due to suffering a server panic attack.

Andrew
There is nothing worse than trying to edit using the wrong hardware. It got to a point that I stopped editing because it was so frustrating trying to get anything done. I am now looking at upgrading my laptop and want to make sure I get something that can not only cope with PD10 but last me for the next 5 years (well I can hope can’t I)

What I am looking at is;

Dell Alienware M17x R3

Processor: Intel i7 2860QM (2.50 Ghz - 3.50 Ghz)
Graphics card: 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M
Memory: 8MB DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drives: 256GB SSD plus 750GB 7,200rpm SATA Dual Drives
LCD: 17.3" WideFHD (1920 x1080) WLED LCD

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions please

Thanks
Andrew
Overlap,

I find that it provides a smoother, more professional looking transition. Please bring back the duration button.
I think we all need to just take 5 min to read the rules again.

Opening Date: 26 October 2009
Video Submission Period: 26 October 2009 – 17 January 2010
Voting Period: 26 October – 24 January 2010
Judges Review: 25 – 29 January 2010
Announcement of Winners: 5 February 2010

No mention here that the video with the most votes wins - it clearly states Judges Review (5 Days)

1. Your video submission must be edited and output using PowerDirector The topic and theme is free for you to choose.

2. The number of effects to be used is not limited, however your video must contain at least one particle effect.

3. Videos title structure must include: PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me – (Your video name). Example: PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me – Streetfighter
After creating you video, upload the video to YouTube and also upload your timeline view to DirectorZone.com. Please click here to find the tutorial of how to share your timeline view to DirectorZone.

4. You may import existing video, photo, and music content to be included as part of your video. However, video projects suspected of being produced primarily by other software are likely to be refused entry.

5. You must have full copyright of the material you wish to use.

(I have noticed that there are a large number who have included music tracks which would clearly be under copyright - would be intresting to see how the judges rule on this)

6. You must submit your own video content.

7. Any obscene, inappropriate or offensive material will not be placed in the Challenge Me Arena.

8. If you use the material of others you are solely responsible for any legal repercussions, and CyberLink Corporation is in no way responsible for any legal ramifications.

9. The uploading of a video does not mean you are guaranteed a prize.
By uploading a video, you give full consent of the use of your video for the competition and also for CyberLink Corporation to use for marketing and promotional activities

10. Terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, and are at CyberLink Corporations complete discretion.
I have had a number of friends come back to me and said that they have voted but that the vote count did not increase - any idea why this might be?
Just had a reply from Cyberlink - then have sent me a new file to download .... downloading now .... I'll keep you posted
Yes I too had the Server not ready error but now I'm getting the following error - "The server returned an error response 403 = Forbidden"

While I am waiting to get some response from my ticket , I am trying to download a copy of the trial version... it's beeen running for an hour and is only at 59%

Nope - re-install did not help. I am running a Intel Core Duo 2 E4500 @ 2.20GHz - Vista 32bit and 4GB DDR2 memory - So after spend just under £200 upgrading my memory and Graphics card , it looks like it is the CPU that need upgrading to ..... What really gets me , it that on a same spec Laptop I have no "problems" viewing my project , it's just very slow in rendering and this is why I decided to move to the desktop.....
Yes , I have it selected in Preferences , and have version 2.3 , still no joy , I have tried changing some of the setting but still nothings . Last step is to reinstall PD7 but I am not holding out must hope ...
Running my Desktop using a GeForce 8400 card I would have a very jerky picture in the viewer, this would be worse at the point of any PIPs or special effects. So what I did was to upgrade my memory from 2GB to 4GB and my graphics card to a 9800GT. Now when editing my project, the viewer will simply not show any PIP's or will freese at the point of the PIP. I am hoping that this is just a setting somewhere - any advice or suggestions will be great , thanks.
Hi, I had the same problems and someone suggested that I set the Preview to "High Preview" which resolved the issue for me.... You can set it but clicking the Box like symbol to the right of the FAST FORWARD button.
Something else which is intresting is the if you click on the clip in the library and then press play on the preview pane I get a good quality picture, now if I drag the same clip onto the time line and play it from the, the quality goes out the window .... I'm sure this must be a setting of some sort. Has anyone else also found this?
Something else that I have just noticed is that if you right click on the clip in your timeline, you cn set your TV Format. when I checked a few of my clips, (all from the same Sony camcorder) , I found that some of the clips with bad quality where listed as progressive and the others as interlaced. PD7 will let me select interlaced for the ones listed as progressive but then just changes them back when I click OK , could this be part of the issue?
No such luck , reinstall as expected had no effect. I have even down loaded other programs like Corel and Vegas but keep coming back to PD7 - the frustration is that sometime I get good results and then I hit problems again - at the moment , the only way I can get anywhere is to creat small clips of 4 - 5 min , with anything longer and I get poor quality and PD7 crashes - and when it crashes I have to delete the project and start again - not at all acceptable.
You are not alone here, I am having the same issues. PD7 crashes all the time. Also after it crashes and I re-open my project, some of the clips are shown as black boxes and if you try and delete them, then PD7 crashes - all you can do is start the project from scratch. I'm busy re-installing to see if that will help
This might be a silly question .... Would I be able to Produce my film taken on a Sony HD camcorder and instead of burning it to a Bly-ray disc , just copy it to a sony PS3? Would it still be 1080I?
Thanks for that info. I am using a Sony HDR SR11E which records 1920 X 1080i and as long as I dont Produce my film but just go to Create Disk, then I get great 5.1 Surround Sound. I plan to upgrade to a Blu-Ray player and will see if that makes a differance.
My Project has a mp3 sound track recorded in 5.1 Surroundsound. To Produce the film, I follow the following steps.
1. Select "Create a File"
2. My footage is AVCHD 1080i, so I then select AVC.MPEG4 and then select Quality AVCHD 1920X1080
3. I check the Dolby Digital 5.1 and Enable x.v.Color boxes
4. Provide my output File Name
5. On completion I save my project and then Click Create Disc
6. I select Settings and on the Audio Tab I Choose 5.1 and select DVD Quality for Video
7. Write my DVD and play back but get normal stereo sound with poor quality film. If I skip the Produce Stage I get not great, but better quality film with full 5.1 surround sound.

I dont have a blu-ray writter so i write to a normal dvd... could this be an issue?
I inserted a 5.1 surround sound audio clip into my project but when I produce the project I loose the sound from the rear speakers even though I check the 5.1 box when I produce the project. However if I skip the producing stage and go write to the Burn Disk stage, it retains the full 5.1 audio - what am I doing wrong? Any ideas

Btw, I tend to alwaysmostly skip the Produce Stage as I have found that when I produce my project, I always see a drop in Quality ?????
Go to: