Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 VIDEO COMPETITION - just for you!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 8 Video Competition

To find out more - click here or the banner

PRIZES
  • First prize: Sony HD Camcorder (for recording superb high-definition videos)

• Second prize: NVIDIA graphics card (helps with producing HD videos even faster)

• Third prize: 1000 GB external hard disk (heaps of storage for keeping videos, photos, and audio for all those works in progress)

• Voter Lucky-Draw Prize (among those voting for a video in the competition): PowerDirector 8 Ultra (video editing), MediaShow 5 (photo/video organizer), YouCam 3 (for webcams).

• Entry requires submission of videos using either a trial or full version of PowerDirector 8.

• ENTRIES CLOSE
    10 Jan 2010

WINNERS ANNOUNCED
    26 Jan 2010

See what you can do featuring Particle Effects. Participate and have fun, the competition will test your skill and help you become a better video editor.

Dafydd
    [Moderator]
    [Thumb - pdr_challenge_me.jpg]
     Filename
    pdr_challenge_me.jpg
    [Disk]
     Description
    Competition
     Filesize
    18 Kbytes
     Downloaded:
    1879 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Feb 17. 2010 14:11

[Post New]
    Question: What are the basic criteria for entering the video contest?

Answer: You need to include at least ONE PARTICLE EFFECT in your video and then UPLOAD to YouTube and DirectorZone using PowerDirector 8 (full or trial version).

Question: Can I include photos, videos or audio created outside of PowerDirector in my video?

Answer: Yes, you can include existing content, such as cropped photos or trimmed audio clips, for example. But we expect most of the content to be created using PowerDirector. And you need to upload the content to YouTube and DirectorZone using PowerDirector 8.

Question: Can I use SmartSound audio in my video?

Answer: Yes you can.

Question: Will my video get automatically posted to the event site?

Answer: No. Your video is screened before it is uploaded to the event site. We check that you have followed the event rules, and whether the material contains any offensive content or may infringe copyright.

[Post New]
    Last week we had several cool entries.

Check out the latest and vote for your favorite.

If you think you can do better, why not enter yourself.

Submit, view or vote now!

Hilly [Avatar]
    Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2006 03:00 Messages: 6 Offline
    [Post New]
    Due to the recent "upload to YouTube" issue, CyberLink has extended the event dates by one week. New dates are:

- Video Submission Period: 26 October 2009 – 17 January 2010
    - Voting Period: 26 October – 24 January 2010
    - Judges Review: 25 – 29 January 2010
    - Announcement of Winners: 5 February 2010

[Post New]
    YouTube Upload Issue Resolved
    The problem with uploading to YouTube has been fixed. You can now upload videos again, without the need for a patch.

Due to this issue, some PowerDirector users may have experienced problems submitting their videos to the event between 24 Nov to 1 Dec.

As a result, CyberLink has extended the event dates by one week.

Submissions close 17 Jan 2010
    Voting closes 24 Jan 2010

This means you still have roughly 6 weeks to submit your videos!

Clarification of Rules
    To be eligible for a prize, you must edit and output (produce) your submission using PowerDirector 8 (either full version or trial). Please include "PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me" in the name that you use when submitting to YouTube. (This name can be changed after the event ends by accessing your account on YouTube).

Regarding imported content; you may import existing video, photo, and music content to be included as part of your video. However, video projects suspected of being produced primarily by other software are going to be refused entry.

You cannot submit other peoples work. You must have ownership of the video you are submitting.

Viewing & Voting Patterns
    Viewing and voting is open to anyone. As CyberLink is actively promoting this event online via DirectorZone, CyberLink.com, Facebook, YouTube, our customer database and other platforms, viewer and voter numbers can increase significantly at any time.

As this contest also provides prizes to voters, CyberLink retains records of all voters' email addresses. CyberLink will review the records at the end of the voting period to look for fake email addresses before confirming the winning entries.
    AndrewMare
    Newbie Location: Bournemouth, UK Joined: Sep 14, 2008 17:43 Messages: 35 Offline
    [Post New]
    I have had a number of friends come back to me and said that they have voted but that the vote count did not increase - any idea why this might be?
    Cat.Man
    Senior Member Location: Romania Joined: Jul 29, 2009 01:09 Messages: 188 Offline
    [Post New]
    Hi!
    I promise I will not participate in any contest where ,,THE BEST,, are those votes more online(facebook,twitter,....).Example:for me the best clip is ,,The reply,, my friend Cranston.But,other ,,the best,, clips have won.
    Are disappointed of this system of judging.
    Is very complicated,very,very , to make a slideshow!!!
    Maybe in future will judge otherwise,no votes at all in facebook,twitter,and other social networks.

Sincerely Catalin. God is my only Master and my family is my only treasure!
    Cat.Man
    Senior Member Location: Romania Joined: Jul 29, 2009 01:09 Messages: 188 Offline
    [Post New]
    How is possible to appear 11 votes but the views remain the same???????????
    Example:12.12.2009>clip iulia>my little friend crina>hour 19:39>views:423 and votes:268
    Then a few seconds distance votes:269,270.....279,but the same number of views 423 How is possible??????????If your vote must increase and number views.This does not happen here.
    Sorry to be fellow countrymen of mine,but does not play correctly.
    Another example:hours 20:53>views 429 and votes 288, hours 21:31>views 431 and votes 294, 6 votes with 2 views??????????????????
    Hours 21:45>views 431 and votes 296>still 2 votes with the same number views.
    Hours 22:03>views 434 and votes 298, hours 22:07>views 434 and votes 299, strange,strange...
    Much more I had to add,but are tired of writing.
    I have evidence from all contest participants to the votes they grow amazingly fast.And some competitors even work.
    In video iulia>my little friend crina,the minute 2:17 the girl is given to drink beer Golden Brau!!!!!
    How is possible something????????? Golden Brau is beer in Romania.How could post CyberLink something????
    Important entry rules:point 8:Any obscene, inappropriate or offensive material will not be placed in the Challenge Me Arena.
    Sure never I will not participate the contests CyberLink because not correct votes and post sequences that are given to children to drink.
    CyberLink should stop the competition because do not vote correctly and to encourage drinking alcoholic in children.
    Would be that all competitors to notice that the vote fraudulent and illegal.

Sincerely Catalin.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 12. 2009 17:05

God is my only Master and my family is my only treasure!
    [Post New]
    Quote: I have had a number of friends come back to me and said that they have voted but that the vote count did not increase - any idea why this might be?

It is hard to guess the specifics of the situation, but if your friends had already voted they would not be able to register another vote until the following day.
    [Post New]
    Quote: Hi!
    I promise I will not participate in any contest where ,,THE BEST,, are those votes more online(facebook,twitter,....).Example:for me the best clip is ,,The reply,, my friend Cranston.But,other ,,the best,, clips have won.
    Are disappointed of this system of judging.
    Is very complicated,very,very , to make a slideshow!!!
    Maybe in future will judge otherwise,no votes at all in facebook,twitter,and other social networks.

Sincerely Catalin.

Dear Catalin

Thanks for your input and advice. We will consider other forms of judging for future events, such as using an expert panel.

This event does depend on entrants promoting their submissions to friends and family. How people get the word out it is really up to them.

While Facebook is something relatively new to CyberLink's online events, many viewers are coming from DirectorZone. That is, our community of existing PowerDirector users. Their voting habits are very hard to predict.
    [Post New]
    Quote: How is possible to appear 11 votes but the views remain the same???????????
    Example:12.12.2009>clip iulia>my little friend crina>hour 19:39>views:423 and votes:268
    Then a few seconds distance votes:269,270.....279,but the same number of views 423 How is possible??????????If your vote must increase and number views.This does not happen here.
    Sorry to be fellow countrymen of mine,but does not play correctly.
    Another example:hours 20:53>views 429 and votes 288, hours 21:31>views 431 and votes 294, 6 votes with 2 views??????????????????
    Hours 21:45>views 431 and votes 296>still 2 votes with the same number views.
    Hours 22:03>views 434 and votes 298, hours 22:07>views 434 and votes 299, strange,strange...
    Much more I had to add,but are tired of writing.
    I have evidence from all contest participants to the votes they grow amazingly fast.And some competitors even work.
    In video iulia>my little friend crina,the minute 2:17 the girl is given to drink beer Golden Brau!!!!!
    How is possible something????????? Golden Brau is beer in Romania.How could post CyberLink something????
    Important entry rules:point 8:Any obscene, inappropriate or offensive material will not be placed in the Challenge Me Arena.
    Sure never I will not participate the contests CyberLink because not correct votes and post sequences that are given to children to drink.
    CyberLink should stop the competition because do not vote correctly and to encourage drinking alcoholic in children.
    Would be that all competitors to notice that the vote fraudulent and illegal.

Sincerely Catalin.

Hi Catalin

We take your concern very seriously and are looking into the issue of the views not changing. So far we haven't been able to reproduce the same behavior.

Please expect an email asking for further details.

Cat.Man
    [Post New]
    Hi Challenge me video contest !
    Thanks for answer.I think very seriously in a couple hours to ask to CyberLink remove from contest my clip : ,,The battle of toys,, in protest on how to vote.In 24 hours can get 100 votes legal?I do not believe.Especially members only DirectorZone.I watched 2 days almost nonstop as he puts some votes.Not to say the promotion beer for little girl.(Golden Brau is real beer for adult in Romania).
    I'm sorry to admit as in Romania,fraud is comes first, especially in computers and network internet,so I know vote as some.
    But I observ and this competition that others from other countries use same methods. to the disadvantage other naive which I believe is a fair contest.
    Therefore believe that I will withdraw from the contest.
    However will remain used a fairly products CyberLink,because I think as CyberLink is great company and special products. I love products CyberLink.
    And especially as the forum I did a lot of friends from different parts of Earth and this for me means a lot,is important.

Sincerely Catalin. God is my only Master and my family is my only treasure!
    Dafydd B [Avatar]
    Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
    [Post New]
    Interesting information users with YouTube upload issue should READ:

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=165556

Dafydd
    [Moderator]
    iulia [Avatar]
    Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2009 15:10 Messages: 4 Offline
    [Post New]
    Hello
    I'm the producer of the video " My little friend Crina" in the contest.
    I saw some comments above , especially about a serious issue such a child drinking, that i would like to clarify.
    The beer can is indeed a beer brand, but we were backpack-ing on the mountains with the child, and in the can it was water ( or lemon juice, i don't recall )because the child was too small to drink along with the others from the bottle. Plus, as anybody can see, she barely touches the can ,no way of drinking. I guess that's clear now.

Regarding the voting procedure , i also noticed sudden increases here and there, but i guess that's normal especially with the different time zones.

Regarding some other comments above, I didn't took into consideration the number of views , i just posted the clip to several web channels ( most of them belonging to friends and business associates ) and promoted it with an extensive email campagne.
    The number of times they choose to view it , it's up to them, im only asking them for votes.

I hope people really appreciates the hard effort and the extremely large amount of hours spent into filming and producing my movie " My little friend Crina", the number of effects used required by Cyberlink, and we all have a nice, civilised, friendly contest.

Thank you
    Iulia.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2009 02:53

iulia [Avatar]
    Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2009 15:10 Messages: 4 Offline
    [Post New]
    I just checked the overall situation of the votes, and i saw a clip with a nice kid posted 2 days ago, that already made it to the 2nd place, but i don't suspect anything unusual with the voting when the competitor has success.
    Good luck and may the best video win
    CIao
    AndrewMare
    Newbie Location: Bournemouth, UK Joined: Sep 14, 2008 17:43 Messages: 35 Offline
    [Post New]
    I think we all need to just take 5 min to read the rules again.

Opening Date: 26 October 2009
    Video Submission Period: 26 October 2009 – 17 January 2010
    Voting Period: 26 October – 24 January 2010
    Judges Review: 25 – 29 January 2010
    Announcement of Winners: 5 February 2010

No mention here that the video with the most votes wins - it clearly states Judges Review (5 Days)

1. Your video submission must be edited and output using PowerDirector The topic and theme is free for you to choose.

2. The number of effects to be used is not limited, however your video must contain at least one particle effect.

3. Videos title structure must include: PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me – (Your video name). Example: PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me – Streetfighter
    After creating you video, upload the video to YouTube and also upload your timeline view to DirectorZone.com. Please click here to find the tutorial of how to share your timeline view to DirectorZone.

4. You may import existing video, photo, and music content to be included as part of your video. However, video projects suspected of being produced primarily by other software are likely to be refused entry.

5. You must have full copyright of the material you wish to use.

(I have noticed that there are a large number who have included music tracks which would clearly be under copyright - would be intresting to see how the judges rule on this)

6. You must submit your own video content.

7. Any obscene, inappropriate or offensive material will not be placed in the Challenge Me Arena.

8. If you use the material of others you are solely responsible for any legal repercussions, and CyberLink Corporation is in no way responsible for any legal ramifications.

9. The uploading of a video does not mean you are guaranteed a prize.
    By uploading a video, you give full consent of the use of your video for the competition and also for CyberLink Corporation to use for marketing and promotional activities

10. Terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, and are at CyberLink Corporations complete discretion.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 18. 2009 06:11

[Post New]
    Dear Challenge Me! Contestants

While submitting your video, you may have had trouble entering the DirectorZone code. This will occur if your video was recently uploaded to DirectorZone and has a 5 digit code.

The event submission page only supports 4-digit DirectorZone codes.
    This issue is currently being fixed.

In the meantime, please enter the first 4 digits of your DirectorZone code, and CyberLink with manually add the 5th digit.

Thanks for your understanding.
    [Post New]
    Hello Contestants

The DirectorZone code issue has been fixed. Please use the full number of your video on DirectorZone.

ENTRIES AND VOTING CLOSES SOON
    Just a reminder that 17 Jan is the last day for submissions.

After that, voting closes 24 Jan, so forward your videos to your friends to increase your chances of winnng.

Good Luck
    PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me! Team
    [Post New]
    Entries have now closed for the PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me! video contest.

NOW IS THE TIME TO VOTE.
    Voters go in the draw to win one of 5 software packs, including PowerDirector 8 Ultra, MediaShow 5 and YouCam 3.

View entries and vote

To all voters and video creators...Good luck!

PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me! Team

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2010 02:49

[Post New]
    FINAL REMINDER VOTING ENDS 24 JANUARY.

Last days to decide a winner in the PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me! video contest.

Get your friends to vote if you want to win.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2009/Q3/pdr8-challenge/index.jsp