Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
5.1 Surround Sound
AndrewMare
Newbie Location: Bournemouth, UK Joined: Sep 14, 2008 17:43 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I inserted a 5.1 surround sound audio clip into my project but when I produce the project I loose the sound from the rear speakers even though I check the 5.1 box when I produce the project. However if I skip the producing stage and go write to the Burn Disk stage, it retains the full 5.1 audio - what am I doing wrong? Any ideas

Btw, I tend to alwaysmostly skip the Produce Stage as I have found that when I produce my project, I always see a drop in Quality ?????
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew,

Can you tell us more about the file format of the original file and also what format/profile you produced it as? It might have something to do with the unexpected end results.

Regards

David
AndrewMare
Newbie Location: Bournemouth, UK Joined: Sep 14, 2008 17:43 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
My Project has a mp3 sound track recorded in 5.1 Surroundsound. To Produce the film, I follow the following steps.
1. Select "Create a File"
2. My footage is AVCHD 1080i, so I then select AVC.MPEG4 and then select Quality AVCHD 1920X1080
3. I check the Dolby Digital 5.1 and Enable x.v.Color boxes
4. Provide my output File Name
5. On completion I save my project and then Click Create Disc
6. I select Settings and on the Audio Tab I Choose 5.1 and select DVD Quality for Video
7. Write my DVD and play back but get normal stereo sound with poor quality film. If I skip the Produce Stage I get not great, but better quality film with full 5.1 surround sound.

I dont have a blu-ray writter so i write to a normal dvd... could this be an issue?
BradyB
Senior Member Location: Springfield, Illinois USA Joined: Feb 24, 2007 07:38 Messages: 153 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew,

What is your desired result? Will you be playing your video on a standard dvd player or a blu-ray player?

What type of camera is the file coming from? Is the size actually 1920 x 1080? Many HD camera use 1440 x 1080.

If you are burning a standard dvd, then use Create Disc. Click the Tool button at the bottom and select Disc Format =DVD, Video Quality = DVD HQ, and Audio Type = Dolby Digital.

I use a Sony HDR-SR1 which outputs 1440 x 1080. Dolby surround sounds great.

I also burn to Blu Ray, but use PowerProducer for the burning process.

Hope this is helpful,
Brady

AndrewMare
[Post New]
Thanks for that info. I am using a Sony HDR SR11E which records 1920 X 1080i and as long as I dont Produce my film but just go to Create Disk, then I get great 5.1 Surround Sound. I plan to upgrade to a Blu-Ray player and will see if that makes a differance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2008 20:24