Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Will check and return with the result - now cool with the HD normal as this project must go...

Thx both with your assist and advice
Got similar issue. Have been working with & Ultra for about 18 months and I'm happy with it but I made the update (latest for the Ultra - of which I wasn't 100% if I had already) and now it's resisting to produce Full HD Quality video - crashes every time at 99% ready... Does all the other versions okay. Tried to restore computer to earlier time but that didn't work either.

How is that weird and sick at the same time..??![b] Any tips?
Quote: I need help deciding which program can do the things I want to do. I'm doing the trials, just started, but since I'm so new to this it takes me a while to figure out the best way to do things. I'm doing home movies, and I envision doing two things in particular. One is I want to be able to zoom into a face and put the face (snap pic) into a frame or shape and move it. Pinnacle does this with their Creative Pack Add Ons (possibly otherwise, too) The Winter Pack, ornaments. This shows a still being encased in a Xmas ornament, while turning a 360, more orn's joining it all turning in a circle. It also does something similar in Prem.Pk wedding2, where the scene is captured and turns into a framed moving object, transitions, I believe. However Pinnacle seems to be limited to doing it only their way. I've never seen anything quite like them in the other programs, although some Vegas Pro tutorials looks like it can be done, but the cost! The other thing I want to do is have 3 or 4 videos overlapping (faded edges) at the same time, but not in squares or split screen etc. More like a video montage, probably using masks. I am really hoping PD can do it Ple-e-ease, can you help me?

That is some hard core home video editing. Shouldn't you jump on the semi-pro side with these tricks? You can always work on your video shooting skills to take the best advance on the tools as they are pretty good even on PD 7...
Quote: I have a high-end computer system, so I know it's not an hardware issue. Is there any way to make the preview run smoother when adding transitions and PIP layers?? The preview sometimes run ridiculously slow, and at times, stops all together...

Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

Btw, my system specs are as follows:

CPU: Core i7 (3.2ghz)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 260 216 cores
RAM: 6gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 (on tri-channel)
HDD: 1.2TB (two Western Digital Black Edition on Raid 0)
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe
S/C: Asus Xonar D2X

So yeah, I know it's definitely not my computer...

Got PD 7 ultra and com with cpu 1,80 gigs - I just doubled my RAM to 2 gigs and voila - suddenly crashing and slow editing stopped altogether. Just produced 4,6 GIG DVD with over 2hrs material on it (and on timeline). Compared to my specs u got/should have a Lamborgini.

Few things you can do to make your PC faster to work with PD 7 and AVCHD editing:
1. Move your "My Documents" folder from C where all the edited files and "ghost files" are usually automatically saved to D > check instructions from the web. This allows you to have that over 10 gigs free space on C at all times.

2. Run for example (Free) Ad-aware program for malware, adware & viruses. AVG can't necessarily find the most persistent ones and they can slow your com down by a mile...

3. Shut down all additional programs: CTRL+ALT+DEL and use Task Manager to close useless running programs, even web if you need to work in a rush. If you close web you can also virtually close all the virus programs.

4. If you got a desktop, get additional RAM pin to AT LEAST (in my case) double your speed in editing. 2 of the same family - better TWIN RAM pins.

5. THE BASICS; Defrag and Disc clean up to make your com faster and more stable (go to MY COMPUTER and right click on drive you want to maintenance)

6. In general, keep your project footage to a minimum. Remove all the extra shots from the project library (not from disk) as some shots might be hundreds of MB's or more.

7. For longer productions it makes sense to put the production together from 10 minute or so pieces of clips (merge) as this makes things so much faster than going for big one straight. You can save and open the production with production 2 name and just merge necessary files there (and delete unnecessary). As they are for example WMF. files of big size they still keep your com alive and working.

8. Many times I see this install re-install instruction but if you've worked with PD 7 successfully for a while, use your logic to figure what perimeter has changed after it started to fail...

9. And yes, do shut down your computer or restart it at least every 24hrs as this can truly be one of the slowing causes.

Hope these findings of mine will help some PD 7 users through some pain.

PS. You don't necessary need to add video RAM as RAM should do the job. Video RAM is meant more for video gaming.
I loved that old thing without the hassle of extra downloads and wonders of what will it be... During Super Bowl I started to upload HD in normal quality and I was still uploading after the whole thing was over.
My production was/is 10 minutes every week. At the end stage of it I realized that I already had that same thing uploaded in a lower quality and the upload just vanished... Well spend 4 hrs

Anyway - after getting all this service from direct uploading it still just seems so old age to start to download other programs in order to get your stuff out there in better quality option. Is there possibly a solution that comes out soon that solves this hassle?
Before I updated to new version of PD7U some of the youtube uploads automatically had "Watch in High Quality" underneath as an option for people with faster connection.

Somehow now I can't find uploading mode that would have this option. Using some additional converter seems pretty primitive when it already worked fine before. Anyone know what happened or which Quality of Video uploads brings this option for viewers? Cheers.
Reading this again... So how do you actually add those PiP tracs?
Yup. Closing but not. As you play with PiP you think you could add maybe an other 1/4 size picture on the playing screen tomake two screens on top of the original pic or then when you have exhausted your chances with music and voice track but could use an other track to add something else...

It's by no means crucial but comes to play when you move on and try limits...

I wonder if there's a way to add any of these: Pip, Voice, Music tracks as you go. Mixing room has kind of promising look for this but it could be upcoming feature(s)?
GREAT! I knew this is way too good program to waste such options! The question remains: How?
Ok. You give some and then maybe you'll get some

Here's few tips for editors aiming to do larger or longer productions with just reasonable PC's. I myself do a 10 minute AVCHD production every week: http://www.youtube.com/samuinews

1. Make sure you have way more than 5 gigs of free space on C drive, makes PD working much more stable

2. Try to do selective library. The less footage you have in there, the faster PD works and the less crashes you'll get

3. Do the production in Max. 10 minute pieces. Create/Produce the WMV or other file you need and save it to be attached in to the final production. The closer you get to the 10 minute limit, chances are that crashes happen or at least the PD slows down big time.

I got my own question. Is it possible to add Pip-, audio- or music tracks to the production line? I feel the need occasionally. Haven't had time to read the manual...

Cheers and thx for the great product.
You Would have to get CyberLink Media Show... Does pro slide shows. You create a file from options, add music that you need for the piece and it will render the job for you... You do have several different slideshow options in Ultra so you might want to test other versions...
One YouTube upload tip that just got solved (good luck finding this). I uploaded 1,5 min production in standard HD quality and the reason why I was banging my upload head was that today the file was 9,5 mins. Allthought I'm suppose to able to upload up to gig (check details at YT) it just would die on me last minute - after 4 hours upload session!
You basically MUST use lower quality, 8 Adsl and something, to get big files up there.
However this has nothing to do with crashing...
Crash baby crash. Light or big production - Crashes are there! 5 gigs and more space I do have, lost files, wasted hours just because you can't possibly think what is causing this?!! Please! Mail us a list of most likely causes of your problems! I.e Problem: Q Answer: This When you're in that editing world going throgh this forum is pretty hard core option.
Little obvious answers list would be major accomplisment.

I cut off all the other programs.
Big files require slow moves so I do so since my computer isnt fastest..
Got automatic saving set up to 7 mins since I dont wanna lose more but also files have gone totally missing, normally at the end of the production.
Add anything JPEG kind and product becomes twice as unstable...
Its like this web is reading I got the wrong version since I get automatically online...

Bootleg versions normally work better and I did gough up the coin for this just cause I wanted stable environment... How to get rid of CRASHES? I have life to live - all these wasted hours with struggling... Luckily there's this little backup file... otherwise I would have most likely cut my wrists open.
Got it. THX.
matter got fixed. In Business. Thx.
IN DEEP TROUBLE... Went though the steps back and forth pretty much twice and patience is wearing down. Ultra v7 doedn't mention "authorize" word anywhere on the screen as said. However it uploads the filick ok and claim everything was uploaded ok. My YouTube account is in perfect condition but I just cant upload this first production of mine. Footage is all shot by me and even tiny test track wont upload. I'm suppose to upload first local production On Sunday night and all my time is wasted to solve this matter! 4 full days on solving issue is a lot.
I have awkward YouTube situation. Uploading is all good but video just doesn't show on my youtube channel. I'm using Mpeg 4 format and my own footage. Its just taking my time and nerve when it says all good but nothing goes where its suppose to go. I've tried it also from Youtube' direction but no, no nooo! Anyone with words of wisdom?? Iws there a patch somewhere that I'm not aware of? I just downloaded the PD Ultra v7 today.
Go to: