Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding PD7U Tracks? Tips for long projects
Pekka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2008 15:05 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Ok. You give some and then maybe you'll get some

Here's few tips for editors aiming to do larger or longer productions with just reasonable PC's. I myself do a 10 minute AVCHD production every week: http://www.youtube.com/samuinews

1. Make sure you have way more than 5 gigs of free space on C drive, makes PD working much more stable

2. Try to do selective library. The less footage you have in there, the faster PD works and the less crashes you'll get

3. Do the production in Max. 10 minute pieces. Create/Produce the WMV or other file you need and save it to be attached in to the final production. The closer you get to the 10 minute limit, chances are that crashes happen or at least the PD slows down big time.

I got my own question. Is it possible to add Pip-, audio- or music tracks to the production line? I feel the need occasionally. Haven't had time to read the manual...

Cheers and thx for the great product.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Pekka,

You can add up to 6 PIP tracks, one voice track and one music track.

Jeff
Pekka [Avatar]
[Post New]
GREAT! I knew this is way too good program to waste such options! The question remains: How?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Pekka,

If you have your project in Timeline view, the voice and music are the bottom two tracks. The icon just to the left of the timeline adds you PIP tracks if you want more than 1.

Simply drag a music file from your library to either the voice or music track.

It's very simply, maybe I'm not reading your question correctly.

Jeff
Pekka [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yup. Closing but not. As you play with PiP you think you could add maybe an other 1/4 size picture on the playing screen tomake two screens on top of the original pic or then when you have exhausted your chances with music and voice track but could use an other track to add something else...

It's by no means crucial but comes to play when you move on and try limits...

I wonder if there's a way to add any of these: Pip, Voice, Music tracks as you go. Mixing room has kind of promising look for this but it could be upcoming feature(s)?
Pekka [Avatar]
[Post New]
Reading this again... So how do you actually add those PiP tracs?