Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youtube upload- Now I'm getting CROSS
[Post New]
I've having an uphill struggle to get a sensible reply from the Cyberlink tech guys.

It's a problem that has been documented before but the cure (if one exists) eludes me.

I use Firefox and want to use the PD6 upload direct to Youtube feature but having given the permission cannot enter text in the title and tag fields. If I try the cursor disappears and the PC just 'beeps' signifying an illegal entry or a locked field. I cannot therefore complete the procedure. (the description field works fine.

So far I am advised that:
1). it is a Firefox Compatibility issue use IE6 instead.
2). it is not a Firefox Compatibility issue.
3). only text can be entered in the Title & tag fields. (I KNOW!! I wish I could).

I have tried on 2 desktops and a laptop all running XP pro sp2 & Firefox. The laptop allows complete upload properly, the desktops can't get past the title field.

I have latest PD6 (6.00 2319) + patches to date, installed, re-installed etc.

Clearly it not confined to a Firefox issue.

Has anyone solved the problem?javascript:emoticon

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I'll have a play.... just need to find my YouTube sign up info.... I prefer to use SeeMyWorldOnVideo.com ... I'll look a little later on....

Dafydd
PS I use FireFox

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2008 03:36

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jan,

Thank you for the PM.

I finally dug out my password for YouTube.

For my Test I did the following:
Opened PD
I gave PD permission to access the internet (Firewall software)
Place Aquarium.mpg into the Time-line
Clicked on Produce
Selected YouTube
Click to Authorise
YouTube browser interface page opened in FireFox
Entered Log in details - accepted
Allow PD to access your YouTube account
Returned to PD
Clicked Green arrow
Entered Title = Test
Description = Test
Tags = Test
Selected Private and Channels
Continued with Produce process - selected a wmv file format - low res
Produced file to a PC directory
Once completed upload to YouTube
Job done.

Mine was successful.

Please try a smaller project like the Aquarium.mpg and see if you can replicate my results.

Do you work in PD as an administrator?
Have you set the firewall to prevent PD accessing the Net?
Have you prevented YouTubes cookie - blocked it?

Because you've had a sucessful action with one does indicate you have a PC issue that prevents PD/YouTube access. Basically it's your PC that's at fault.

Dafydd

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Apr 25. 2008 11:52

[Post New]
Dafydd,

Basically what you suggested is what I've been trying all along (including the aquarium!

I followed steps 1-11 no problem, up came the dialog box with the cursor flashing in the title field, I hit a letter "T" and the cursor disappeared with a "beep".

Game over!

By clicking on the two rogue fields and retrying I just get a beep every time. Text field no problem at all. For that matter the category buttons are ok too. What I don't appreciate is whether what I am typing is, or should be, being sent direct to youtube in real time, or whether the on screen data is transferred with the file once all is completed. I assume the latter is the case, which makes the error most odd.

In answer to your questions:

I presume by administrator you mean in a WinXP account, to which the answer is yes. There are no accounts other than administrator set up and my PC does not require logon.

PDR.exe is checked as an exception to Win firewall

As far as can see the are half a dozen you tube cookies which are all present and accepted. There is no block on youtube cookies showing.

Beyond that I haven't encountered any other problem areas with PD6.

It's not the end of the world, there are alternatives and workarounds, but I do hate it when I get inadequate and inappropriate answers to questions. If there isn't an known or obvious solution, I wish they would just say so.

I have no doubt that if I wipe the disk and reinstall everything it will work. Can I be bothered given the size of the problem? No...

It is odd that both desktops have the same problem as they are chalk and cheese in all but OS and browser. The software is similar in some cases. The same is true of the laptop.

Jan
Adrian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2008 07:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had a problem like this I think it was caused by having a one letter tag. I put some thing like " this is a tag" it didn't like the "a"

I only found this out when I tried to upload through youtube website and it gave me an error message.
[Post New]
Adrian

My problem was that I couldn't enter ANY text in the tag or title boxes and therefore couldn't proceed to upload.

I solved the problem with an upgrade to PD7.

regards

Jan
Dillard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2006 23:15 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Isn't it interesting that the resolution to problems seems to be to spend more money with PowerDirector? Patches no longer available on PD5. The proverbial carrot is always the newer version will solve your problem. It really ticks me off to upgrade and lose capabilities that I had on the version I upgrade from!
I like the product, but service and business tactics are unacceptable and unethical and perhaps illegal.
Pekka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2008 15:05 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I have awkward YouTube situation. Uploading is all good but video just doesn't show on my youtube channel. I'm using Mpeg 4 format and my own footage. Its just taking my time and nerve when it says all good but nothing goes where its suppose to go. I've tried it also from Youtube' direction but no, no nooo! Anyone with words of wisdom?? Iws there a patch somewhere that I'm not aware of? I just downloaded the PD Ultra v7 today.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please read:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/3466.page#14079

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Pekka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2008 15:05 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Got it. THX.