Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I'm the Moderator of this forum.

I see you've continued with your aggressive stance.... and wasted time and others efforts.

Politeness and forum ettiquette!

Dafydd

Should we not ban those being overly agressive?

Hi Mark H.
I'll make you one if you want.... just need the "production" name and what colour combinations you'd like. Email me.

Dafydd

Thanks for the offer. I may just take you up on it. I've got to decide on a theme first though.

I really like the simple eloquence of the match strike. I'm trying to think-up of something along those lines for a 'DIY' lead-in.
Just too funny!!
Other folks have reported that placing videos to be imported into a folder and then importing the folder works well.

This is the method I use because it's how I prefer to manage files vs. subject on my PC.

I must agree with Dafydd. Ranting in this fashion serves no purpose.

In fact, I vote this thread be removed.
Quote: Hi Mark,

Example:-
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/287/the-fly-a-short-rave/

Cheers
Adrian

That is just too cool.

Thanks for the simple idea about to create a lead-in and lead-out.
I'm really impressed by some of the work done as lead-ins to videos I've seen. For example: The lead-in SoftDeko has in front of each of their videos as well as the Company Intro posted on this forum.

Are there any 'how-to' tutorials for creating such lead-ins?
Take a look at the following post. Perhaps it will help.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3599.page
Review the following post:

Mike M.,

Are you importing a single file or a folder?
Sorry...but, this is the incorrect forum for this post.
Has anyone experienced issues with the Magic Clean features.

They work fine within editing. However, the rendered files have quite a significant amount of noise, artifacts. etc.

Within the scenes with motion, pand and zoom in/out, there are alot of jaggies in several areas of the scene.

I've experimented several times with no magic clean, one (color correction or shake) and, two or more together. Only when I do not use any magic clean feature does the scene render "cleanly".

I've also rendered to multiple file types. The same issues occur.
Quote: Well I did burn one project and when I went to burn another the same issue came up. System locked at 85%. I am about ready o go back to Ulead. To bad I really like the PD7 program but I am at the end of wasting time producing things that can not be burned. I f anyone else can help I would appreciate it. Cyberlink has a bug and they need to fix it. Their competition can run on my machine even with other software installed. I am convinced the issue is with PD and tech support has no answers.

Take a look at the following post. Hopefully this technique will work for you as well.

Lots of luck!!

After several trials and tribulations, I've now been able to consistently burn DVDs to a folder and to a DVD disc with menus.

Here's some background on the input clips:

4 - MPEG-4 AVC (AVCHD) clips. All 4 together total to about 3.5GB.
A few MP3 songs used for overlay and background.

My orginal workflow had me creating one large project. I edited, split, used magic clean, etc. everything within one .PDS. After editing, I'd add the chapters I wanted. I then entered the Burn Disc process, selected the menu template I wanted and began burning. The burn process (both to folder and disc) always failed 88% through...always. If I told the burn process to burn without a menu, everything worked just fine.

Dafydd suggested an experiment which led me to the following workflow.

1. Using the individual clips, create "scene" level projects. Do all editing within the scene project.
2. Render each scene project to the file of choice. I selected the MPEG-2 1920x1080 HQ default template. Doing so allowed me to view the scene file outside of PD7 without the need for additional codecs.
3. Save all scene renderings into a "scenes" folder.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 until all scenes are rendered.
5. Create a "final" project and import the folder containing all of the scenes.
6. Splice all the scenes together in the desired order including any transistions as needed.
7. Make sure you save the project periodically.
8. Finally, add the chapters as desired being sure to avoid adding a chapter where two scenes have been spliced togther with or without a transition. Place the chapter marker a few frames before or after the beginning/end of the splice/transition.
9. Enter the burn process and select the menu template you desire.
10. Reauthor the menu template as needed.
11. Save the "final" project before continuing with the burn.
12. Now burn the project to a folder or to disc.
13. It worked!! At least it worked for me.

I was able to do this technique 3 times in a row without failure.

I also did this without killing any background processes within WINXP and without uninstalling any other software.

To prove to myself nothing else on the PC changed, I went back to my oringial large project and tried the burn. It failed at the ususal 88%.

The only conclusion I can draw, is that there is too much going on within one large project for PD7. For some reason, it prefers (works better) when performing smaller units of work.

I did run into a problem with the magic clean features, color and shake. Any magic clean feature I selected added significant noise (artifacts, motion blur, etc) to the rendered scene. This will be posted under another topic.

I hope others will find this workflow useful and will ultimately have success with this software.

Many thanks to Dafydd for the help!!
Quote: The final solution:

Power Director does not like to have any other video editing s/w on your machine. Basically it tries to share the filters (titles effects, transitions etc.) from other programs such as Ulead or Pinnacle. Once I uninstalled both programs and removed all traces in the registry I could burn the program without any issues.

I no longer have other video editing software installed.

I've also made sure all traces have been removed from both the HDD and registry.

I've also made sure all extraneous video and audio codecs have been removed.

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled PD7 for the 5th time.

I still cannot burn a DVD either to DVD disc or HDD with menus for a 'sizable' video. It burns fine when not burning with a menu.

Smaller videos burn just fine with menus.

If what you're saying is true, then Cyberlink needs to learn to 'play nice' with other software people may have installed.
Quote: I made some progress. I found that I still had some remnants of Pinnacle studio remaining in the registry after installing. I went into regedit and removed. I also installed quick time and reinstalled directly from the Apple web site. I can now burn a small project but when I try to burn a 2 hour project it hangs at 71% creating titles without an error.

Still looking for help.

Interesting find.

I also found that burning a 'smaller' project worked fine even with a menu. However, the one I'm working with is 27 minutes and crashes at the same spot every time.

I wonder if this is a case where "size really does matter".
Nevermind. Found the following on Google which applies to WINXP.

I'll bet PD7 installes a certain number of Codecs so be careful not to remove them. Otherwise, you'll need to re-install.

To remove a video (or audio) codec goto your OS Device Manager -> Sound and Game Controllers -> Right-Click on Video (or Audio) Codecs -> Click on Properties -> goto the Properties tab. The list of codecs will appear. Hi-Lite the one you want to remove and click the Remove button.
I've read a post or two where folks have reported some successes by removing extranious codecs from their PC.

Is there a magic method for their removal or is it a simple matter of removing them from Add/Remove Programs?

At times, Add/Remove Programs doesn't remove everything. So, I'm wondering if there are additional manual steps needing to be done.
Very common issue repeatedly mentioned in this forum.

All of us feel your pain.

I too have the same issue(s) and am attempting to help Cyberlink debug the problem through various tests and uploading to their FTP site.

Hopefully have more for you later.
Sounds like a great 'new feature' request to me.
Go to: