Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tutorials
Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I'm really impressed by some of the work done as lead-ins to videos I've seen. For example: The lead-in SoftDeko has in front of each of their videos as well as the Company Intro posted on this forum.

Are there any 'how-to' tutorials for creating such lead-ins? Regards,

Mark H.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark,

At this time there is not a SMWOV tutorial on creating the intro videos, manly because to do it yourself you need a 3D graphics program.

Dafydd and I use Ulead Cool 3D production Studio to create the effect, they are very simple to create and saved as AVI for importing into PD7.

maybe with a bit of arm twisting, you may be able to get Dafydd to produce one when he has some time.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22. 2008 02:06

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
Hi Mark,
This isn't quite the same but I haven't got any 3D programs like the other guys so I reverted to a more traditional method.

Having settled on the theme - in my case Striking Video - I filmed an appropriate set of clips and edited and produced a finished clip, with titles etc etc in PD6, ready to drop onto the timeline like any other clip. I wanted the lead out to be reversed and also to be able to change the credits etc so I reversed the original intro clip and have the clips, titles etc saved as a PD project ready for final credits when they are known for a particular project. The lead out for that project is then produced as a finished clip and dropped onto the timeline as normal.
Example:-
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/287/the-fly-a-short-rave/

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Adrian,

If you can produce such a striking effect with PD6, imagine what you could do with PD7, your intro is brilliant

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
Thank you, Robert - I'm a relative (but rapidly ageing) newbie to video brought on by getting into underwater photography. You're right, I should upgrade, but I was just getting into PD6 when 7 was released and I thought my decreasing brain power (caused by living in Yorkshire according to Dafydd ) might not cope with too much change. I'm diving again in a couple of weeks in Safaga, Egypt with the new HD camera so might have to upgrade to PD7 to do it justice.
Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Mark,

Example:-
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/287/the-fly-a-short-rave/

Cheers
Adrian

That is just too cool.

Thanks for the simple idea about to create a lead-in and lead-out. Regards,

Mark H.
vn800rider
[Post New]
It's a pleasure - glad you liked it.

Cheers
Confucius
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Adrian,
I thought my decreasing brain power (caused by living in Yorkshire according to Dafydd ) might not cope with too much change.

Thank you - I enjoyed that.... for making me laugh.
Matchstick in your intro - how did you light it?

Hi Mark H.
I'll make you one if you want.... just need the "production" name and what colour combinations you'd like. Email me.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 25. 2008 05:03

vn800rider
[Post New]
Hi Guys,
I've turned into Dafydd and produced a short instructional video on the Striking Video match lighting. It shows exactly how the match was lit, the techniques and technology behind it.

Look, learn and wonder.
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/303/striking-the-match/

Cheers
Confucius
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow, that was an amazing video.... the technique employed does you credit. How did you manage to come up with that particular method.... one that others can imitate?

I definately recommend this particular video to all who want to see and learn.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 25. 2008 14:12

vn800rider
[Post New]
Aye, I were allus taught - keep it simple.

Cheers
Confucius
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Adrian,
I've added a comment to the video.... you might like to read

Dafydd
Mark H. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just too funny!! Regards,

Mark H.
Mark H. [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi Mark H.
I'll make you one if you want.... just need the "production" name and what colour combinations you'd like. Email me.

Dafydd

Thanks for the offer. I may just take you up on it. I've got to decide on a theme first though.

I really like the simple eloquence of the match strike. I'm trying to think-up of something along those lines for a 'DIY' lead-in.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26. 2008 19:28

Regards,

Mark H.