Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Removing Codecs
Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I've read a post or two where folks have reported some successes by removing extranious codecs from their PC.

Is there a magic method for their removal or is it a simple matter of removing them from Add/Remove Programs?

At times, Add/Remove Programs doesn't remove everything. So, I'm wondering if there are additional manual steps needing to be done. Regards,

Mark H.
Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Nevermind. Found the following on Google which applies to WINXP.

I'll bet PD7 installes a certain number of Codecs so be careful not to remove them. Otherwise, you'll need to re-install.

To remove a video (or audio) codec goto your OS Device Manager -> Sound and Game Controllers -> Right-Click on Video (or Audio) Codecs -> Click on Properties -> goto the Properties tab. The list of codecs will appear. Hi-Lite the one you want to remove and click the Remove button.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 05. 2008 13:02

Regards,

Mark H.