Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sounds like a great 'new feature' request to me.
Glad you had the nerve to ask.

I thought I was crazy.
We feel your pain.

Burning DVDs either to a HDD folder or to a DVD disk seems to be a recurring theme throughout the forum.

This points directly to software issues. Not everyone's PC and setup can be at fault. Especially when you can successfully render to an MPEG-2 file and then burn the DVD using non Cyberlink software.

At some point Cyberlink needs to step-up and fix the issues at hand.
I would love to get access to those dlls to see if they fix my problem with build 1829.

I have yet to get through a complete burn process (either to HDD or DVD) when using the stock menus.

I've only been successful when burning 'without a menu'.
Hi Dafydd,

Here's an update.

The two source clips are AVCHD filmed at 1920x1080 60i.

I tried to produce to an AVCHD file using the stock 1920 x1080 template. The rendering failed at the point of the transition

I then tried the 1440 x 1080 stock template and the AVCHD rendering was successful.

I did not try the 720 x 480 AVCHD template, but I'm guessing it would work as well given the smaller frame size.

I then (successfully) rendered the resulting 1440 x 1080 M2TS file using the Windows Media HD High Quality template. I now have a WMV file of my two test clips with the transition included.

This has been the only way I've been able to render my test clips (with transition) into HD High Quality WMV file.

It's two steps, but it does work.
Here's an update....

After working with Tech Support, uninstalling/reinstalling, increasing virtual memory, removing unneeded services and startup programs, etc., I now cannot burn my project as a DVD to a hard drive folder using a DVD menu either with or without chapters. It gets 88% through and aborts. Windows XP event viewer shows the failing module as "cltzan.ax".

I've made sure no chapters are sitting on top of transitions or anywhere video and music are spliced together. I also made sure that adding chapters in the chapter room was the last task before doing the burning process.

If I burn the DVD to a hard drive folder with the "without menu" checked-on, the burn process is successful.
Dafydd,

This siuation was bugging me so I gave it one last shot and removed the transition from the middle of the two clips and viola, I was able to render using the Win Media 9 HD High Quality template.

I inserted various other transitions in between the two clips and PD aborted as expected

Also, I have no problem rendering with the transition included using the Win Media 9 DVD Quality template. Likewise, I can render successfully to MPEG-2 and .MOV.

Is it possible that the Win Media 9 codec does not like the transitions defined in PD7 unless you're rendering to a smaller frame size?

I hope there will be soon as well.

Although the editing features are really fantastic, the final production leaves a bit to be desired in some areas unless you're producing 'smallish' clips for YouTube or some other website. I've got a pretty beefy Quad core system and continue to have problems producing in the methods I desire.

I've run across a couple of issues I've pointed out to Cyberlink Support. So far, I'm at the 'reinstall, increase virtual memory, turn-off other apps' stage of the game even though I've pointed out the module having the problem. One of the issues has been documented in this forum by other members as well.

Don't get me wring, this is pretty terrific piece of software. May have to find an alternative for publishing the final product though.
So, here's where I am with all of this particular issue:

Tech Support made some suggestions which I followed to a "T".

Here's the info I just placed into the latest Query:

I've turned-off the RichVideo options as suggested

I've turned-off/disabled all services and startup entries that I can and still keep the PC working including virus protection. Page file was already set at 3070mb.

I'm still having problems.

Here's the scenario:

1) 4 AVCHD clips recorded at 1920X1080 60i. Bitrate is 15.29 mps. Frame rate is 29.97 fps.
2) Each clip edited in PD7 as 16:9 set to interlaced.
3) 5 chapters set using the Add Chapter Position button.
4) Project saved to HDD. Results in a 27 minute video.
5) Burn to disc (hdd) set to HQ DVD
6) Using stock menu template #16.
7) Turned-off Menu Video Thumbnail
Authored the menu to set the title text the way I wanted it.
9) Selected the MP3 music I wanted.
10) Hit the Burn button
11) DVD burn fails at about 80+ % into the burn process.

The standard Windows message "Powerdirector 7 has encountered a problem and has to be shut down" appears.

The Windows Application Event Viewer shows the following message: Faulting application pdr.exe, version 7.0.0.1829, faulting module cltzan.ax, version 2.0.0.1625, fault address 0x000bad16.

System setup:
Mobo: Intel DG35EX
Video: On-board
CPU: Intel Q6700 Quad Core at 2.66Ghz
RAM: 2GB Corsair 800 Mhz

Next Steps: Remove all but the 1st chapter and see what happens.
Dafydd,

Did some further testing by rerunning test #1 and finally I got an error message that can be read.

See the 1st attachment with the error message.

See the 2nd attachment with properties of the clip prior to the transition. Properteries are the same for the clip after the transition.

I've sent you a PM with test results.
Still no luck. Rendering continues to abort at the point of the first transition effect. Again, everything rendered up to the transition (~~ 22 minutes) looks great.

I'm attempting to render edited AVCHD clips with two transition effects using Jared's HD High Quality template.

Total length of the raw vid after editing is 27 minutes, 30 fps, 16:9 aspect ratio.

I've not tried the Aquarium.mpg file just yet.

I'd attach some screen shots to show some of the information requested but attaching files to the post is not working.

I was having the same issues as 1 and 2 and am using PD7 build 1829 on a DIY Intel Quad Core Q6700 2.66Ghz, 2GB ram and plenty of available HDD space.

What I found was that prior to burning, I had to uncheck the "Video Thumbnail" option which can be found on the Menu tab of the Tools button located at the bottom of the screen. At times I would get a C++ run-time error or the standard "MS Encountered an Error" message about 5% into the burning process.

Now the only problem I am having is that I cannot burn a DVD (either to HDD or DVD) with more chapters than only the 1st. The burn process gets to about 88% and aborts. If I only have the 1st chapter, everything works just fine.
Excellent. Thanks for the response and the tips.

Yes, I'm using build 1829 of PD7.

I'm also using the stock Windows Media 9 HD High Quality template to convert the clips shot at 16:9.

The first clip renders just fine up until the point of the transition effect I inserted in between two clips.

I'll give your tips a try and let you know how I make out.
I'm attempting to produce to a WMV 9 HD High Quality file.

Everything works great until the rendering gets to the 1st transition effect.

Either PDU7 errors-out with the standard 'MS Encountered An Error Message" or I get a message saying something abot not being able to stretch the clip and/or something is not installed correctly.

Anyone else seen this problem?

I've forward all the requisit screen shots to the support folks.

(yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and am having the same problem)
Jumping in as well.

I'm having the same problem. In fact, the only DVD I've been able to burn has been one with only the 1st chapter.

I've done the whole re-install bit and am still having the same problem.

I'm on build 1829.

I get about 87% of the way and then PD7 errors-out.
Go to: