Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power director 7 crashes when burning dvd
laurie ann [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2008 03:57 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I was using the trial version and I am glad I did so becuase would not be happy if I had purchased this and it happened.

running win xp proffesional:

1. original problem was hang on motion picture.

2. followed the guidelines on here, checked direct x, display settings etc. Also installed patch.

3. read apost which suggested codecs in vista to be the issue, although i do not run vista I thought I owuld give it ago, disbaled all the audio codecs and it burned!

4. HOWEVER when it reached 95% it crashed and I got an error code saying burned failed it was something like 0040004

Any ideas

Appreciate any help. Like this program but not wanting to purchase if too buggy.
laurie ann [Avatar]
[Post New]
Turns out I can burn a process successfully without a menu but it crashes to this arror code at 68% when a uncheck the menu box. The patch doesnt seemed to have worked. Notice a few people have had this problem, is it to with the software or operating system?
[Post New]
I'm no expert but I'd like to know what size was your file including menu prior to you burning your DVD. I only go up to 4.1 gig max and leave some space for the formatting of the DVD. It worked for me.

NOw for some unknown reason I'm inable to get into the burn module and can't write a thing. See my other forum statement.
Hope this helps you.

laurie ann [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried it both with a a small home made movie 20 mins and also with just adding three of the aquarium clips as suggest by one of troubleshooting threads and it still doesnt work so I'm at a loss, the thing is I installed it on to a friends comuter running win xp home edition and it worked fine so I'm stuck now totally must be some bug linked to the operating system
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Laurie Ann,

What disc writing software do you have on your system please?

Have you checked the laser is clean (disc cleaner cost very little)?

Have you changed your discs to what?

Have you cleaned up your Hard Drive with a defragment?

Have you deleted the temporary files?

Have you got sufficient space on your HD writing from and writing through?

I'd like you to replicate the error you experienced and screen grab some images of the event for later reference please.

Have you re-installed the program?

I'm just throwing ideas to you to look, clean up and check.... not actually providing solutions at the moment.

Dafydd
laurie ann [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

The other software I had on the system was Nero but I uninstalled it incase it was conflicting, I also shutdown my anti virus (avg free)

The computer is a new therefore the dvd writer is brand new

I have a 250gb hard drive woth about 180 gb freeI have reinstalled and also cleaned my system with cc cleaner.

It burns successfully when the box burn without menus is checked

When not checked it reaches 67% says complete then a box pops up saying burn failed! error code c004004
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Laurie Ann,

I just want to assure you CyberLink are looking into the issue you have - it isn't being left. I appreciate you trying to give as much information as you can.

At the moment I'm not being asked for any more test data - if I am I'll send you a PM.

In the meantime perhaps you can try a simple workaround test for me please?
In the burn dialog can you select both burn to disc AND burn to folder.
Then burn the dvd.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 01. 2008 11:44

[Post New]
laurie ann

Just want to update you on my similiar problem. I totally uninstalled and reinstalled and have the same problems as before. Too bad no one is really giving any answers here other than more questions.

Dafydd... Do you work for the company or just a good sole that has experience with their products and want to help?

John
Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Take a look at the following post. Perhaps it will help.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3599.page Regards,

Mark H.
[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2008 11:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I know this doesn't sound like it makes any sense, but I had the same struggle. As a last gasp, I re-installed Windows Media Player. All my burn problems went away!
Jennifer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2008 22:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I read such great reviews for this product and did buy it- just used it for the first time and wanted to scream!! I spent hours putting together the video, software was fine for that and then I attempted to burn onto the disc.... that was soooooo frustrating!!! I spent many hours trying to produce and burn to dvd and the system kept crashing! It sat on 1 percent burning process for over 2 hours and then I had to manually shut down/unplug my computer because it was froze up! I tried multiple times and each time it would freeze or say powerdirector has stopped working and needs to shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally after wasting so much time and being so stressed I decided to try and burn the dvd without the menu page and it worked! I am not happy because I want the menu page- but atleast got it past the crash and burn stage! I would like to get my money back- not worth the time and aggravation!!!! Very promising program if you don't need to burn it to a disc!!
Jennifer