Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Has anybody else experienced this with their camera and have any suggestions on how to "splice" these files back together? Thanks.

I am having the same issue with my Canon HG10. See my earlier post:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7727.page

The problem is also discussed in length here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-hf-hg-series-avchd/113083-canon-vixia-hg10-2gb-file-limit-headache.html

A contributor to that forum developed a little utility to join the files together: http://sites.google.com/site/mtsfilejoiner/

Works perfect for me. I simply join my 2 gig files into one large files and the transition issue between files is gone. Don't know if it will work with your camcorder or not, but works great with the Canon ones.

If anyone from CyberLink is monitoring these forums, being able to join these clips together in PD would be a great feature. Looks like this is becoming a more widespread issue.

Quote: Hi Darren,
I've sent you a PM with some instructions.

CyberLink would like to have the files to test and check. Please can you assist?

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Just some updates:
I've uploaded one of the files I was having trouble with. Be interested to see what they have to say.

I tried another file earlier today. This one was even stranger. I drag and drop the clip (30 minute clip) to PD and it displays it 20 times in the library. Each one tells me the clip is 180 hours long. Again, the same video plays back just fine outside of PD.

Might be to do with file size ???

Maybe, but it doesn't seem to be very consistent.

One file is about 5 gigs (45 minutes) and PowerDirector only recognizes the first 12 minutes or so. The second is nearly 8 gigs (about 70 minutes) and PowerDirector only sees it as a 30 minute clip. If there was some sort of file size limit, wouldn't I expect to see the same time for both.

I have imported AVCHD videos of much larger sizes (20+ gigs) and it handles those just fine.
I have some high definition mpeg-2 transport stream (.ts) videos created from my Hauppauge HVR 1600 tuner. The clips are over an hour long, and play back just fine outside of PowerDirector, however in PowerDirector (both version 7 and , I only get the first 1/3 or so of the video. The portion that imports plays fine, but for some reason PowerDirector thinks the video length is much shorter than what it it actually is and therefore only plays the first 1/3 and if I add it to the timeline, same thing, it only adds the first 1/3 of the video to the timeline. If I play it outside of PowerDirector it plays back the entire length just fine.
Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to fix it? Is it a bug in PowerDirector or a problem with the clips?
Quote:
3.) PD7 sometimes doesn't recognize the audio from the mpeg2 clips from my Hauppauge 1600 tuner. It's actually strange...in the clip preview, the audio plays fine...as soon as I add it to the timeline and play the clip from there the audio doesn't play. Is it been anyones experience that PD 8 is a little more robust in some of it's video/audio support?

FYI, the audio problem I mentioned here appears to be a known issue as documented on this page: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6180.page According to the last post RD was working hard to resolve it...anyone know if it was resolved in 8?

And the 2 gig file limit issue is documented here in case anyone cares: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/canon-vixia-hf-hg-series-avchd/113083-canon-vixia-hg10-2gb-file-limit-headache.html
I was just wondering what the opinions are on PD 8? I am currently running PD 7 Ultra and so far have been pleased with it overall. I am thinking about upgrading but I was wondering what the overall concensous of version 8 is? Is it buggy or is it relatively stable compared to version 7? Right now the three biggest problems I have with version 7 are:

1.) Multi-layered menu support...being able to have a slide show and a video clip as separate clips each with their own discrete chapters (sounds like this was added with version 8 is that correct?)

2.) My Canon HG10 splits it's AVCHD filles into 2 gig files. When I add them to PD 7, there is a small blip in the audio where the two segments join...I know this isn't a problem with the clips because I have found a work around...I use windows binary copy to append the clips together into one large file and the audio blibs are gone. Of course this is minor inconvienience but it would still be nice to simply join the files in PD and have them work.....has anyone else experience this problem and does anyone know if it is fixed in PD8?

3.) PD7 sometimes doesn't recognize the audio from the mpeg2 clips from my Hauppauge 1600 tuner. It's actually strange...in the clip preview, the audio plays fine...as soon as I add it to the timeline and play the clip from there the audio doesn't play. Is it been anyones experience that PD 8 is a little more robust in some of it's video/audio support?
Quote:
There are two options:
1. You have not purchase the Ultra
2. You have been supplied the wrong activation key.

It is looking like there is a third option...that I have Ultra, but it is displaying Deluxe. The first thing I did was check my receipt. It clearly says that I bought the Ultra version. Also, I just tried to produce a AVCHD file and it allowed me to (which I shouldn't have been able to do with deluxe version correct?). Also, when I go on the CyberLink website and view my registered products, I see my activation key listed twice...once for deluxe and once for ultra...exact same key. I contacted customer support and all they did was provide me a new download but no new key. I am skeptical about that helping but I'll give it a try.

Help about should state,

Power Director Ultra 7.001829

Robert

In help about, mine states: "PowerDirector Deluxe 7.00.1714"

I don't have a blu-ray burner yet, so I can't test the blu-ray authoring....although as I said earlier, I do have blu-ray authoring as an option when I author a disk...am I correct in assuming that if I truly had the deluxe version that I wouldn't even have that option?
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I bought PowerDirector 7 Ultra. But when I activated it, it told me that I successfully activated PowerDirector Deluxe. Also, when I go into the help->About, it also states that I Have PowerDirector Deluxe, not Ultra. Funny thing is, from what I can tell, I have the Ultra version features (for example, I have the option available to create a blu-ray disk). Is the problem just that it is displaying the wrong version but I really do have Ultra? Other than authoring blu-ray disks, is there any other feature I should have with Ultra but not with Deluxe. I just want to make sure I am getting all the features I paid for.
I am evaluating the trial version of PowerDirector and I have a couple general questions that I was wondering if one of you could answer for me.

First, I was wondering if it is possible to have multiple different clips on one DVD. What I mean by this is for example, I'd like to produce a DVD that has both a video and a slideshow. I realize that I can edit them both together and put a chapter inbetween, but would I would ideally like to do is have these displayed as two separate clips, each with their own set of chapters. This is something that can be done with Ulead MovieFactory (which I currently am looking to replace), but I couldn't find a way to do it in PowerDirector.

Also, in regards to slideshows. Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but it appears to me that there are two ways I could go about creating a slideshow. I can either add the images to the timeline and manually add the desired transitions/effects and background music, or I could click the "slideshow" button after adding them to my timeline, which will allow me to use one of the pre-build slideshow templates to construct it. However, from what I can tell, these slideshow templates are very limited as to the ability to customize individual slides. For example, if I want to pan and zoom on one image, but not the others, I couldn't see a way to do this through the slideshow builder. Is this generally correct, or am I missing something. Also within the given slideshow builder templates, I saw now way to change the default transition. Some of these I can understand have their own specialized transition, but the "Normal" one, seems to just randomly pick a transition. Is there a way to pick a single transition for the entire show. Again, I seem to be able to do this if I don't use the slideshow builder and leave my images on the timeline and manually put the slideshow together myself, but that can be rather cumbersome.
Go to: