Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wrong version displayed in PowerDirector
Darren [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2008 12:39 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I bought PowerDirector 7 Ultra. But when I activated it, it told me that I successfully activated PowerDirector Deluxe. Also, when I go into the help->About, it also states that I Have PowerDirector Deluxe, not Ultra. Funny thing is, from what I can tell, I have the Ultra version features (for example, I have the option available to create a blu-ray disk). Is the problem just that it is displaying the wrong version but I really do have Ultra? Other than authoring blu-ray disks, is there any other feature I should have with Ultra but not with Deluxe. I just want to make sure I am getting all the features I paid for.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Darren,

Help about should state,

Power Director Ultra 7.001829

The differences can be checked here

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/compare_4_ENU.html

The only difference between Ultra and Deluxe is the ability to author Blue Ray and AVCHD, so ensure that your version does in fact have this ability, if not contact Technical Support

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Darren [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Darren,

Help about should state,

Power Director Ultra 7.001829

Robert

In help about, mine states: "PowerDirector Deluxe 7.00.1714"

I don't have a blu-ray burner yet, so I can't test the blu-ray authoring....although as I said earlier, I do have blu-ray authoring as an option when I author a disk...am I correct in assuming that if I truly had the deluxe version that I wouldn't even have that option?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Darren,

Please check the receipt you received - should have been a pdf sent to you. Look at the information on it and the amount you've been charged.

The key supplied will activate either the standard Deluxe version or the Blue Ray feature.

Robert has the Blue Ray Ultra version and so do I. Please view the attached image.

There are two options:
1. You have not purchase the Ultra
2. You have been supplied the wrong activation key.

After you've checked your receipt ..you have to decide whether to contact Customer Service.

Dafydd
PS Deluxe.... it will likely ask you to upgrade to Ultra.
[Thumb - sdukpdb248.gif]
 Filename
sdukpdb248.gif
[Disk]
 Description
PD7 Ultra - About.
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
154 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 11. 2008 09:52

Wesley R. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2008 11:28 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
After reading the prior posts, I thought my PD7 also had said Deluxe. I checked and the Help, About does show PowerDirector Deluxe. I then checked my invoice, and it shows PowerDirector 7 Ultra.

I will send the documentation to Technical Support.

Wes
Darren [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
There are two options:
1. You have not purchase the Ultra
2. You have been supplied the wrong activation key.

It is looking like there is a third option...that I have Ultra, but it is displaying Deluxe. The first thing I did was check my receipt. It clearly says that I bought the Ultra version. Also, I just tried to produce a AVCHD file and it allowed me to (which I shouldn't have been able to do with deluxe version correct?). Also, when I go on the CyberLink website and view my registered products, I see my activation key listed twice...once for deluxe and once for ultra...exact same key. I contacted customer support and all they did was provide me a new download but no new key. I am skeptical about that helping but I'll give it a try.
[Thumb - pdversion.jpg]
 Filename
pdversion.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
151 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Take a look at the image.

Please contact Customer Support.

Dafydd
[Thumb - PD7Versions800.gif]
 Filename
PD7Versions800.gif
[Disk]
 Description
versions
 Filesize
98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
136 time(s)
Wesley R. [Avatar]
[Post New]
I contacted customer service about the Deluxe versus Ultra.

Question ID CS000534226
Customer Support vCGaurav
Last login time 2008/07/12 05:50
First login time 2008/07/11 18:33
Product PowerDirector

Wesley R. Richardson Asked 2008/07/11 18:33
PD7 Ultra vs Deluxe
I paid for PowerDirector 7 Ultra on
order xxxx2700, however in Help,
About, it shows PowerDirector Deluxe
7.00.1714. I believe the wrong download
file was provided to me. Please send
the current build for the Ultra version.

Please let me know how I can submit the
screenshot file showing the "Deluxe."
vCGaurav Reply 2008/07/11 18:45
Dear Wesley,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDirector.

Regarding your issue, please note that when you launched the PowerDirector software then on the right hand side there is a preview window and above you will see PowerDirector name please click on it then it will show you the SR no Ultra.

You may also check in "About PowerDirector".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If you still face the same issue then use the below mentioned link to reply us:

index.jsp

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards
Customer Service just ignored the issue.

I tried to attach the PDF files to show this information, and it was only 646 kB in size, but it did not attach, so I am reposting.

Wes
Wesley R. [Avatar]
[Post New]
When I try to attach documentation for Deluxe versus Ultra attached as PDF file of 646 kB size, I get a blank screen, showing done, but it does not post to the Forum. Are there any suggestions for what I am doing wrong?