Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing video at end of clip
Darren [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2008 12:39 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have some high definition mpeg-2 transport stream (.ts) videos created from my Hauppauge HVR 1600 tuner. The clips are over an hour long, and play back just fine outside of PowerDirector, however in PowerDirector (both version 7 and , I only get the first 1/3 or so of the video. The portion that imports plays fine, but for some reason PowerDirector thinks the video length is much shorter than what it it actually is and therefore only plays the first 1/3 and if I add it to the timeline, same thing, it only adds the first 1/3 of the video to the timeline. If I play it outside of PowerDirector it plays back the entire length just fine.
Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to fix it? Is it a bug in PowerDirector or a problem with the clips?
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Darren,

Might be to do with file size ???
Check this post

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5072.page

if you use search it may throw up some more.

Don't know if that helps.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Darren [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Darren,

Might be to do with file size ???

Maybe, but it doesn't seem to be very consistent.

One file is about 5 gigs (45 minutes) and PowerDirector only recognizes the first 12 minutes or so. The second is nearly 8 gigs (about 70 minutes) and PowerDirector only sees it as a 30 minute clip. If there was some sort of file size limit, wouldn't I expect to see the same time for both.

I have imported AVCHD videos of much larger sizes (20+ gigs) and it handles those just fine.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Darren,
I've sent you a PM with some instructions.

CyberLink would like to have the files to test and check. Please can you assist?

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Darren [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Darren,
I've sent you a PM with some instructions.

CyberLink would like to have the files to test and check. Please can you assist?

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Just some updates:
I've uploaded one of the files I was having trouble with. Be interested to see what they have to say.

I tried another file earlier today. This one was even stranger. I drag and drop the clip (30 minute clip) to PD and it displays it 20 times in the library. Each one tells me the clip is 180 hours long. Again, the same video plays back just fine outside of PD.