Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Adrian supplied the text you can paste in your profile.ini file, the profile name will appear as "Youtube 1440p". YouTube does not really have a standard frame size, they allow multiple. They do recommend a GOP of 1/2 the fps though, https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en#zippy=%2Cvideo-codec-h so what I would do is modify this line in Adrian's text:
IBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBP
to
IBBPBBPBBPBBP

This is valid for your current 25fps source files, even PD20 uses a GOP length of 13 if you use the automated YouTube upload module vs the file "Produce" module. As such, I'd modify the to "YouTube 1440p 25fps" for added clarity as you really shouldn't use this profile if one had 50fps source.

When these profiles are created manually in the profile.ini file, I'd not edit them in the GUI, undesired changes can occur. One can usually use the "Details" tab to view the specifics with no adverse repercussions. Using a valid description for the profile is often very advantageous.

Jeff

Hi Jeff
I did as you advised with the edits to Adrian's .ini and it worked, giving me a video @1440p but with an excessively large file size of 11Gb for the 30 min film. I've attached the file properties dialogue for reference.
When I rendered at 4K the file was 8.1Gb, and at 1080p was 2.1Gb - I supposed I was expecting something hald the size of the 4K file size.
Any thoughts on why it has bloated and is bigger than the 4K?
N

Adrian supplied the text you can paste in your profile.ini file, the profile name will appear as "Youtube 1440p". YouTube does not really have a standard frame size, they allow multiple. They do recommend a GOP of 1/2 the fps though, https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en#zippy=%2Cvideo-codec-h so what I would do is modify this line in Adrian's text:
IBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBP
to
IBBPBBPBBPBBP

This is valid for your current 25fps source files, even PD20 uses a GOP length of 13 if you use the automated YouTube upload module vs the file "Produce" module. As such, I'd modify the to "YouTube 1440p 25fps" for added clarity as you really shouldn't use this profile if one had 50fps source.

When these profiles are created manually in the profile.ini file, I'd not edit them in the GUI, undesired changes can occur. One can usually use the "Details" tab to view the specifics with no adverse repercussions. Using a valid description for the profile is often very advantageous.

Jeff

Adrian/Jeff
Many thanks for your time and wisdom. Ill give this a go and let you know how I get on.
Kindest regards
Neil

Hi,

Is this the sort of thing?

Adrian

That looks perfect Adrian.
How did you apply the 'fix'? Presumably the same as the 2014 method?
Kindest regards
Neil

If you have issues, attach a small 10sec clip of some sample source footage and maybe a few of the user here can see if a suitable profile can be created. If successful, one can easily share and then you can copy into your profile.ini for the profile to be available in PD20.

Keep in mind, a 1080, 2K, 4K, are all the same file size when produced to the same bitrate. The framesize becomes part of the bitrate achieved.

Jeff

I amended the .ini for PowerDirector 20 by following the Ynotfish instructions in the 2014 1440p article but it didn't change the 'resolution' drop down list in the 'Quality profile setup' dialogue box.

The path was C:\Users\Neil\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20. I located the profile .ini and pasted the Itani Profile.txt at the bottom of the script, as per the instructions. Saved, exited, restarted.

I also tried the 'Profile Analyser' which gave me a wierd 2704x1520 and a file size of 13Gb!

I can produce in 4K using the standard drop down options and this looks great, producing an 8Gb file for the 30 min video.

I think what I'm looking to achieve is 2K ie 2560x1440 in 16:9. This is the standard on YouTube and I remain baffled why CL doesn't include it as a standard profile.

I've rendered the 10 sec clip at 4K so as to retain as much info as possible - grateful for any help!

kindest regards

Neil

If settings are not available in the GUI to meet your needs, then one needs to modify the profile.ini file and see if that can be successful.

Jeff

From England to Arizona, thanks.

You can try the "Profile Analyzer" at the top of the Produce page and see if PD20 can create a proper profile for footage on your timeline. Review properties carefully if PD20 is successful.

If that does not work, select the video format you desire and then click the "+" sign in the "Profile name/Quality:" area and create a custom format to match your source video specification as you desire.

Jeff

Thanks for the steer Jeff. I saw an old post from 2014 with advice on modifying the .ini but wondered if there was better advice now. It does seem wierd CL hasn't addressed this as 2K / 1440p seems a great balance between 1080p a d the massive 4K file upload size.
I asked the question direct via one of Cyberlinks recent YT video update comments but they were incredibly vague.
I shoot video for my YT channel at 1440p on my Gopro 7. Until now I've shot, rendered and uploaded 1080p but have become disappointed with the lack of sharpness once it's on YT.
I'm now shooting at 1440p but PD365 doesnt appear to offer this option for rendering/production on the drop down list.
Is there a way to render a video at 1440p?
I dropped them a line and heres their response:
Hi
Thanks for your email.Unfortunately, Audiodirector is not even listed among our supported DAWs.Our plugins are compatible with all the major and common known DAWs.In this case, I would recommend you to contact support of Cyberlink for more information.
But in general, I would recommend you to use any different DAW (e.g. the Reaper - tiny and completely free DAW).
Have a great day and if I can be of any further assistance, let me know.

Cheers!Lukewww.meldaproduction.com

Ive tried quite a few of these EQ plug ins with limited success. It looks like AD is on the fringe of these DAWs in this respect.

Shame. I rather liked the look and functionality of these parametric EQs. Maybe something to feed into CL for a 'nice to have'?
Aha.
I'll check that out and report back.
Thanks for the tip.
As part of my quest to get the perfect audio for my YT voiceovers I'm experimenting with some VST plug ins. I've recently downloaded and successfully installed the Mequaliser EQ plug in for Audiodirector.
When I click on the menu item under 'Effects' it fires up and I can tweak the controls.
The problem is it doesnt have any effect on the audio. Im wondering if there's something in the settings in AD I need to switch on.
No-one on YT seems to have an answer to this, so I'm turning to the fountain of knowledge, the venerable PD Forum ...
Hi Folks
As a new owner of AudioDirector I'm dipping my toe into the world of audio processing.
I'm recording audio via a Boya BY M1 Lav mic onto a Tascam Dr 05X. As per YT advice I'm recording between 9-12dB.
I've been scouring YouTube for a workflow to take the raw audio (Wav 24 bit 48K) and process it via some logical, simple steps to get the best voiceover sound for my videos.
There seems to be loads of advice for other software, multiple plug ins and vast amounts of buzzwords and jargon which baffle me. Some of these plug-ins seem to automate the process completely, taking the raw audio and converting it to a wonderful, rich, noise free warm vocal.
I can't however find such advice for AD.
So far, I've managed to identify some sort of process:

1. Remove background noise (Restore/Noise reduction)

2. Apply EQ, although my attempts are very much trial and error with no consistency

3. Compression, and like 2 above seems like a black art.

I think I keep making things worse by guessing (credit: Gene Kranz Apollo 13).
Help!
You guys have been busy while I've been sleeping here in the UK! Im blown over by your expertise and willingness to help. Grateful to all of you.
You mention it might be my system. A few years old now:

• AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 cores 3.5GHz

• 12GB RAM

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

It took about 20 mins to render the film.
I should mention Ive never had this problem before and have uploaded over 100 videos to YT.
Thats really kind of you.
Yes please!
Maybe give me some advice on my riding too 😏
The YT link is for the AAC upload where the soundtack was audible.
I've attached the audio data (how do you paste directly?!)
When I had uploaded the file to YT I tried to play it. The video was perfect, but no sound. I did check YT's preferred audio frmats and it didn't mention LPCM, so that's why I suspected it might be the problem.
I'm hoping there is a solution as the LPCM approach solves the audio distortion.
As we discussed in the previous post, I used 1536 Kbps LPCM.
When I re'produced' the video in PD365 (latest version) using AAC and 256Kbps it worked fine on YT.
Here's the film - https://youtu.be/3U6ap9BcIK0
As always, your help is very much appreciated cool
Hi All
I posted recently about audio distortion on PD365, resolved by selecting the LPCM audio setting on the 'Produce' page.
I uploaded the video this afernoon onto YouTube, but for some reason there was no audio on the uploaded YT film. The audio on the file I uploaded was fine.
I suspected the issue might be the LPCM setting, so I re-producedthe file with AAC. Uploaded to YT and the sound was present.
Any thoughts folks?
Pix
That's a fascinating article. I train people in risk management, and the following would seem a helpful mitigation strategy:
I have been hydrating, but need to up my game here:

1. 2 hours before the session AND every 15 lines

2. A tip from the comments section, to keep mouth slightly open between breaks

3. Mic positioned slightly further away (a lav mic pinned about 3 buttons down currently). Every little helps ...

Looking at all the advice above, I've tried the click removal tool (Audacity too), plosive tool, all to minimal effect.
In my case, the 'smack' is always bracketed with silence before and after, so quite a distinctive wavform to search for.
(see attached image)
I reckon it wouldn't be hard for CL to design a search and replace tool. You would copy a typical 'smack' and replace with silence of similar length. Press a button and the software jumps to the next similar 'smack' etc
In these days of face recognition software, and CIA looking for voice patterns over the airwaves, the tech must exist somewhere IMHO.

Your thoughts very much appreciated - thanks
Neil
Tomasc
Thanks for the link. I still can't help thinking there could be some way of automating a 'search and replace' type function, for the kind of clicks I make. Very much mindful as to how this works in MS Word - search - find next - replace?
It needs someone much smarter than me to create this though cool
Jeff/OptoData
Thanks for the input. I'll certainly try that out. Being a process junkie I was hoping there was some way of automating the click removal, as the 'clicks', as you say, are well defined.
I'm raising my game now having just received a Tascam Dr05X which I'll plug my Boya lav mic into. It'll probably record the clicks even more clearly surprised
We live and learn.
Hi Jeff
How about this?
Thanks once again for your interest.
Neil
Go to: