Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Jeff
How about this?
Thanks once again for your interest.
Neil
OptoData
Ha! I hoped there might have a been a magic button to press ; Oh well ...
I've been working on this project for a couple of weeks (re my other posting on clipping) so to re-record isn't an option.
I was thinking somehow AD could 'copy and correct' one of these clicks, save this as a rule, and that this could then be applied to search the whole project and correct for similar.
Thanks for the response.
I'm using a lav mic so that's not an option unfortunately! Also, the 'click' is quite loud, distinctive, so I dont think this would work.
I'm new to AudioDirector and have recently subscribed to PD365.
I have recently recorded a 15 min voiceover. Listening back, it's full of mouth smacks, loud clicks made by lips or tongue.
Is there a simple method to use AD to silence these? As a newbie I've gone through the whole file, using the yellow timeline sliders to select the clicks, then right clicked, and used the menu to 'silence' that piece. Time consuming!
My hope is there's an automated work-around or plug-in that can be applied.
Thanks
Neil
OptoData and JL
Bingo. Problem solved.
For the benefit of amateurs like myself who are new to this, the steps are as follows:

1. Open the 'Produce' page.

2. Create a new 'custom' profile type, name it.

3. In the 'quality profile'set up' box, go into the 'audio' tab, select LPCM and a rate of 1536Kbps.

4. Click OK

The audio now shows none of the clipping/distortion that had been present.
I've been using PD for a 3 years now but am a novice when it comes to audio, so no idea why this works, it just does.
I hope someone from CL picks up this issue and patches it. Adding 44KHz CD quality sound from a lav mic/digital sound recorder shouldn't be a problem for the software, and it's clearly a repeat of the PD13 distortion issue.
Big thanks to OptoData and JL for your advice, support and expertise. laughing
Hi OptoData
Thanks for the heads up on this. I presume this is what you mean:
As workaround, you may consider selecting consistent sample 44100 Hz (1411 kbps) profile to produce the project (that contains the MP3 audio file only) into WAV audio format, and then check if the corresponding sample rate profile can ease/decrease additional distortion in the waveform after the audio format is converted. It could be a possible solution.
I'm puzzled though, as this seems to address an audio only production, whereas I want to make video? I'm very much a newbie on sound editing editing so please forgive the dumb questions cool
I went into the 'custom' profile type, where. It allows me to tweak compression method, audio channel and compression rate. The max rate is 384, so I can't choose 1411.
Whatever I do, it needs to be YouTube friendly/compatible. Very frustrating this doesn't work as it should.
BTW It's great to hear from California. I'm in rural England, where we've had a succession of spring hail showers today.
Your attention is much appreciated from across the pond in furthering US/UK relations ...

If you're comfortable sharing that specific clip, upload it to One Drive or Google Drive and paste a publicly-shareable link to it here so other users can check it. See this FAQ for more details.

Thanks for the offer.
Here are the files:

1. Original MP3 at 44KHz File

2. The audio cut from my video. I produced it at 48KHz (after seeing a tip on this forum that upping it from 44KHz might help) but it still distorts. Distorted File

you can check your output audio's sample rate.

if its not same as oringinal one, it might have some distortion.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check that out.

After trawling every source I could find yesterday on distortion, I tried dropping the gain. I've run 'Produce' again, and after initially thinking it had solved the problem, I reckon it's just as bad as before. Makes me sound like I've got a sore throat, classic clipping.
Hi Folks
I've recently upgraded to 365 from PD18.
On a recent video the final rendering has distorted the audio (my voice), as if it had been recorded on a cheap mic, sounds like it's clipping. There is a clear, noticable difference between the original audio (recorded with a lav mic into a Sony Digital recorder) and the outputted .MP4 file. My original audio source file shows none of this distortion. Also, there is no distortion on sound in the PD 'edit' mode when I play it. The sound file waveform is statndard with no yellow peaks to indicate any overloading.
The audio 'set up' on the 'Produce' page dialogue box is set to the standard of AAC, Stereo, 384 Kbps.
I checked the Forum and it seems this happened a few years ago (PD13/14?) and PD issued a patch to cure it. Some folk seem to have exported the Mp4 into another app to rectify the issue.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Quote Hello Neil,

Welcome to the ColorDirector forum laughing

Jeff's advice is correct. The downloadable User Guide in PDF format is easy to navigate and find the answers you seek. In fact, the structure of the UG & online Help File for CDR9 are very similar, and much of the content is the same.

I'm not sure what's happened to the batch of CDR tutorials at the CL Learning Centre. I just went there to check the link & drew a blank! surprised Perhaps there's been some housekeeping done.

These CDR9 tutorials should help you get started.

PIX

Hi and thanks for this steer. Like you, I tried the Learning Centre and came to the same blank page - not much use!
I've usually rely on Maliek's adfice for PD18, but he doesn't seem to have a 'Janet & John Go to School' Guide for ColorDirector, which isn't as intuitive as PD.
Always great to hear from the US of A ;
very best regards
Neil

I assume perhaps that means that you didn't have ColorDirector as part of PD18. A good starting place might be the user guide. They stopped making them for PD19, but the PD18/CD8 user guide will get you started perhaps. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download select ColorDirector and version 8, at the top there is a blue "Download User Guide" tab that may be of help. Much better than the online manuals for just thumbing.

Jeff

Hi Jeff
Yes, that's correct. I'm reasonably au fait with PD18 but no idea where to start on ColorDirector, so thanks for the heads-up from England ;
very best regards
Neil
Hi Folks
I'm brand new to ColorDirector 9 (just upgraded from PD18 to the full 365 package) and am looking for a set of tutorials that will take me from scratch to a reasonable level of proficiency.
Does anyone know if this exists?
best regards
Neil
Quote Generally speaking, PD can work with 360 files but in some cases, they have to be processed by the camera's native app in some way. 360° clips almost always require stitching, which may be difficult/impossible to do cleanly in PD even if the raw format was supported.

Have you searched for other ways to export your clips? This article seems to have a way.

Thanks for your response, and interesting article.

I've since put a little emore work into the subject:

• spoken to GoPro and found my tablet's processor is too slow for 360 processing with their app.

• loaded the Gopro Max Exporter app on my Windows 10 PC (involved a major Win 10 update by the way!)

The Exporter app allows you to convert Gorpro .360 files into 360 MP4 files. If these are imported into PD15, then dragged onto the timeline. A pop up dialgue offers you 2 options, edit as a 360 VR type film or 'flatten' it into a 2D 16:9 format. Am playing with this and it seems to work quite well.
I've bought a GoPro Max to use as a 360 cam on my motorcycle vlog.

The aim was to shoot in 360 then reframe at the desktop to show an undistorted (ie 360 no fish eye effect) standard 16:9 view (say pointing ahead of me up the road, then turning back to show me on the bike).

Problem is I have a Windows 10 PC and Gopro haven't published their desktop software yet so I can't get the footage into PowerDirector for editing. The GoPro app on my new Samsung S5e freezes when I attempt to open 360 media.

Is anyone aware if PowerDirector (I currently use PD 15) has any facility to import 360 footage so it can be reframed as a standard 16:9 aspect? Something idiot proof would be really helpful!

best regards to all.
Go to: