Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Anyway to render in 1440p?
Itani [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2014 11:27 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
There is 1080 and then just totally skips the 1440p resolution. I render the file AVC/M2TS so would be awesome if anyone can help.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Why do you need 1440p?

I see it. What version do you have and are you using the slider?

Look here:
[Thumb - 1440.jpg]
 Filename
1440.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
1440 p
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
225 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 11. 2014 12:11

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Itani [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes I need 2560 X 1440p. I'm using Power Director 12. I play PC games 1440p
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes I need 2560 X 1440p. I'm using Power Director 12. I play PC games 1440p

And the other question? What are you going to do with the rendered video? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Itani [Avatar]
[Post New]
Upload to youtube
[Post New]
Quote: Upload to youtube

I'm no expert, that I already tried to download YouTube videos claiming to be 2K, 4K, however shows with maximum fullHD 1080. (1080x1920)
Do not know if it's limitation of Youtube or here on my PC.
Furthermore, Youtube always recode the video to various sizes and lower bitrate I think. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Itani -

You can create a profile to render at 2560x1040, but only by editing the Profile.ini found at C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\12.0

There are two documents attached. One is a 2560x1440 profile you can just copy & paste at the end of your Profile.ini - the other is a PDF file showing how to customise profiles when PD's interface doesn't allow it.

I'm really not sure about the advantages of uploading to YouTube at 2560x1440 over (say) 1920x1080. I wouldn't think they'd be significant!

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Itani Profile.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
740 time(s)
 Filename
Profile.ini_HowTo.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
638 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
935 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Itani [Avatar]
[Post New]
Youtube has the 1440p as a new feather thanks for the help but I cannot find the folder app data?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Yes - the AppData folder is (by default) hidden. You can reset it in Control Panel > Folder Options

Under the View tab, check this...

Cheers - Tony

[Thumb - Hidden Folders.png]
 Filename
Hidden Folders.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1486 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 11. 2014 17:36

stevek
[Post New]
Itani,

Thanks for your first question in this forum. As you could tell, I neglected to update MY knowledge base concerning 2k video. Yes, I see that YouTube will accept the file resolution you want. Just for my information, how long does it take up upload a video file of any length with that resolution to YouTube? What Internet upload speed do you have?

Do many of the people you know have display devices that will play that native resolution?

I'm not a gamer so please help me fill the void in my understanding so I can sound more intelligent the next time.

If you can or want to, please post links to some good articles on the subject. You might want to do that in a private message so others who are less interested don't have to read your reply.

I could have blamed it on my OLD eyes. .
seanmcm157 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 07, 2013 20:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Correct me if im wrong but the benefits of uploading to youtube in a higher resolution would be a higher bit rate.

Some games like skyrim with alot of foliage can become very blurry while moving around if uploaded at 1080p due to youtubes bitrate limit of 8mbps for that resolution, this is when higher resolution comes in handy you can for example upload to youtube at 4k @45mbps if you wanted and they won't down size it ( that is the max resolution and bitrate I think ).

Im still currently testing this out but having issues rendering my current video.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi seanmcm157 -

Resolution & bitrate are different things. One is not dependent on the other. e.g. you can make a 4K video with a VBR of 2MBps or a low res video with a VBR of 40MBps.

Even though video bitrate is critical to quality, I think it's debatable whether uploading very high BR videos to YouTube has very much benefit. For home viewing, I always produce at maximum BR (i.e. what my cameras churn out) but for YouTube I use the lowest bitrate I can without quality suffering. Lower BR makes for lower file size!

Here's YouTube's guide: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

OK - so I grabbed a 45MBps clip from http://jell.yfish.us/ and produced it to different bitrates. Viewing it on the HD TV, through a media player, the difference is obvious. On YouTube - well... have a look.

http://youtu.be/FY5xBAbb08U
Produced to MPEG-4 1920X1080 @ 45MBps
File size ~ 134MB

http://youtu.be/eCaiPamhFqs
Produced to MPEG-4 1920X1080 @ 30MBps
File size ~ 95MB

http://youtu.be/AKY3HHWkQBg
Produced to MPEG-4 1920X1080 @ 20MBps
File size ~ 65MB

http://youtu.be/kGHi-1a-ogw
Produced to MPEG-4 1920X1080 @ 10MBps
File size ~ 36MB

Cheers - Tony