Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Render at 1440p
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2019 04:20 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
I shoot video for my YT channel at 1440p on my Gopro 7. Until now I've shot, rendered and uploaded 1080p but have become disappointed with the lack of sharpness once it's on YT.
I'm now shooting at 1440p but PD365 doesnt appear to offer this option for rendering/production on the drop down list.
Is there a way to render a video at 1440p?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I shoot video for my YT channel at 1440p on my Gopro 7. Until now I've shot, rendered and uploaded 1080p but have become disappointed with the lack of sharpness once it's on YT.
I'm now shooting at 1440p but PD365 doesnt appear to offer this option for rendering/production on the drop down list.
Is there a way to render a video at 1440p?

You can try the "Profile Analyzer" at the top of the Produce page and see if PD20 can create a proper profile for footage on your timeline. Review properties carefully if PD20 is successful.

If that does not work, select the video format you desire and then click the "+" sign in the "Profile name/Quality:" area and create a custom format to match your source video specification as you desire.

Jeff
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]

You can try the "Profile Analyzer" at the top of the Produce page and see if PD20 can create a proper profile for footage on your timeline. Review properties carefully if PD20 is successful.

If that does not work, select the video format you desire and then click the "+" sign in the "Profile name/Quality:" area and create a custom format to match your source video specification as you desire.

Jeff

Thanks for the steer Jeff. I saw an old post from 2014 with advice on modifying the .ini but wondered if there was better advice now. It does seem wierd CL hasn't addressed this as 2K / 1440p seems a great balance between 1080p a d the massive 4K file upload size.
I asked the question direct via one of Cyberlinks recent YT video update comments but they were incredibly vague.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the steer Jeff. I saw an old post from 2014 with advice on modifying the .ini but wondered if there was better advice now. It does seem wierd CL hasn't addressed this as 2K / 1440p seems a great balance between 1080p a d the massive 4K file upload size.
I asked the question direct via one of Cyberlinks recent YT video update comments but they were incredibly vague.

If settings are not available in the GUI to meet your needs, then one needs to modify the profile.ini file and see if that can be successful.

Jeff
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]

If settings are not available in the GUI to meet your needs, then one needs to modify the profile.ini file and see if that can be successful.

Jeff

From England to Arizona, thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote From England to Arizona, thanks.

If you have issues, attach a small 10sec clip of some sample source footage and maybe a few of the user here can see if a suitable profile can be created. If successful, one can easily share and then you can copy into your profile.ini for the profile to be available in PD20.

Keep in mind, a 1080, 2K, 4K, are all the same file size when produced to the same bitrate. The framesize becomes part of the bitrate achieved.

Jeff
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]

If you have issues, attach a small 10sec clip of some sample source footage and maybe a few of the user here can see if a suitable profile can be created. If successful, one can easily share and then you can copy into your profile.ini for the profile to be available in PD20.

Keep in mind, a 1080, 2K, 4K, are all the same file size when produced to the same bitrate. The framesize becomes part of the bitrate achieved.

Jeff

I amended the .ini for PowerDirector 20 by following the Ynotfish instructions in the 2014 1440p article but it didn't change the 'resolution' drop down list in the 'Quality profile setup' dialogue box.

The path was C:\Users\Neil\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20. I located the profile .ini and pasted the Itani Profile.txt at the bottom of the script, as per the instructions. Saved, exited, restarted.

I also tried the 'Profile Analyser' which gave me a wierd 2704x1520 and a file size of 13Gb!

I can produce in 4K using the standard drop down options and this looks great, producing an 8Gb file for the 30 min video.

I think what I'm looking to achieve is 2K ie 2560x1440 in 16:9. This is the standard on YouTube and I remain baffled why CL doesn't include it as a standard profile.

I've rendered the 10 sec clip at 4K so as to retain as much info as possible - grateful for any help!

kindest regards

Neil
 Filename
Neils 4K 10 sec clip.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Neils Sample Clip for conversion to 1440p
 Filesize
65695 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
96 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 29. 2022 03:51

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]

I amended the .ini for PowerDirector 20 by following the Ynotfish instructions in the 2014 1440p article but it didn't change the 'resolution' drop down list in the 'Quality profile setup' dialogue box.

The path was C:\Users\Neil\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20. I located the profile .ini and pasted the Itani Profile.txt at the bottom of the script, as per the instructions. Saved, exited, restarted.

I also tried the 'Profile Analyser' which gave me a wierd 2704x1520 and a file size of 13Gb!

I can produce in 4K using the standard drop down options and this looks great, producing an 8Gb file for the 30 min video.

I think what I'm looking to achieve is 2K ie 2560x1440 in 16:9. This is the standard on YouTube and I remain baffled why CL doesn't include it as a standard profile.

I've rendered the 10 sec clip at 4K so as to retain as much info as possible - grateful for any help!

kindest regards

Neil

Hi,

Is this the sort of thing?

Adrian
 Filename
1440p ini text.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
406 time(s)
 Filename
Neils 1440p 10 sec clip.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
58913 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
107 time(s)
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Is this the sort of thing?

Adrian

That looks perfect Adrian.
How did you apply the 'fix'? Presumably the same as the 2014 method?
Kindest regards
Neil
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I amended the .ini for PowerDirector 20 by following the Ynotfish instructions in the 2014 1440p article but it didn't change the 'resolution' drop down list in the 'Quality profile setup' dialogue box.

kindest regards

Neil

Adrian supplied the text you can paste in your profile.ini file, the profile name will appear as "Youtube 1440p". YouTube does not really have a standard frame size, they allow multiple. They do recommend a GOP of 1/2 the fps though, https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en#zippy=%2Cvideo-codec-h so what I would do is modify this line in Adrian's text:
<Pattern>IBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBP
to
<Pattern>IBBPBBPBBPBBP

This is valid for your current 25fps source files, even PD20 uses a GOP length of 13 if you use the automated YouTube upload module vs the file "Produce" module. As such, I'd modify the <Name> to "YouTube 1440p 25fps" for added clarity as you really shouldn't use this profile if one had 50fps source.

When these profiles are created manually in the profile.ini file, I'd not edit them in the GUI, undesired changes can occur. One can usually use the "Details" tab to view the specifics with no adverse repercussions. Using a valid description for the profile is often very advantageous.

Jeff
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]

Adrian supplied the text you can paste in your profile.ini file, the profile name will appear as "Youtube 1440p". YouTube does not really have a standard frame size, they allow multiple. They do recommend a GOP of 1/2 the fps though, https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en#zippy=%2Cvideo-codec-h so what I would do is modify this line in Adrian's text:
IBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBP
to
IBBPBBPBBPBBP

This is valid for your current 25fps source files, even PD20 uses a GOP length of 13 if you use the automated YouTube upload module vs the file "Produce" module. As such, I'd modify the to "YouTube 1440p 25fps" for added clarity as you really shouldn't use this profile if one had 50fps source.

When these profiles are created manually in the profile.ini file, I'd not edit them in the GUI, undesired changes can occur. One can usually use the "Details" tab to view the specifics with no adverse repercussions. Using a valid description for the profile is often very advantageous.

Jeff

Adrian/Jeff
Many thanks for your time and wisdom. Ill give this a go and let you know how I get on.
Kindest regards
Neil
Back2TheBike [Avatar]
[Post New]

IBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBPBBP
to
IBBPBBPBBPBBP

This is valid for your current 25fps source files, even PD20 uses a GOP length of 13 if you use the automated YouTube upload module vs the file "Produce" module. As such, I'd modify the to "YouTube 1440p 25fps" for added clarity as you really shouldn't use this profile if one had 50fps source.

Jeff

Hi Jeff
I did as you advised with the edits to Adrian's .ini and it worked, giving me a video @1440p but with an excessively large file size of 11Gb for the 30 min film. I've attached the file properties dialogue for reference.
When I rendered at 4K the file was 8.1Gb, and at 1080p was 2.1Gb - I supposed I was expecting something hald the size of the 4K file size.
Any thoughts on why it has bloated and is bigger than the 4K?
N
[Thumb - Properties.JPG]
 Filename
Properties.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jeff
I did as you advised with the edits to Adrian's .ini and it worked, giving me a video @1440p but with an excessively large file size of 11Gb for the 30 min film. I've attached the file properties dialogue for reference.
When I rendered at 4K the file was 8.1Gb, and at 1080p was 2.1Gb - I supposed I was expecting something hald the size of the 4K file size.
Any thoughts on why it has bloated and is bigger than the 4K?
N

Produced file size is a direct function of bitrate. The video bitrate in your properties pic is 47391kbps with a total bitrate of 47776kbps. (Free MediaInfo a much better/accurate tool for this) So yes, 30 min would be about 11GB, 47.776/8*30*60=10.8GB. You can check your bitrates in your other files for comparison. Just keep in mind, lower video bitrate at a given frame size would provide lower quality.

If you want a smaller file size, change these lines in Adrian's profile:
<Video BitRate>48500000
<Min BitRate>24250000
<Max BitRate>49000000
to
<Video BitRate>24250000
<Min BitRate>12125000
<Max BitRate>24500000

For a file about half the size, or ~5 GB. Just verify that the quality is acceptable to your eyes. As mentioned prior, if you produce to 4K, Adrian's profile, or 1080p at the same target bitrate, say 48.5Mbps, then the produced file sizes will all be about the same.

Your sample mp4 you attached prior had a video bitrate of ~50Mbps so Adrian's supplied profile appears similar at maintaining a avg of ~48.5Mbps.

Jeff