Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have been using this program for years, with my upgrade to PowerDirector 11 I've discovered that I can do a lot of editing, but I am struggling with learning the tricks of doing that with this program. Hopefully those that are in the know can help me. Three initial questions:

Question #1
If I want to make a jpeg in Photoshop to then use in a video that I'm producing in 16:9 what size should I make it. Obviously it isn't 16x9 pixels and I suspect it isn't 16x9 inches either. What should I set my image size in Photoshop to get I nice undistorted picture in my video?

Question #2
I want to make a title. I think I know how to do what I want as far as: add text, add background, add beginning and ending transition but what I would like is to add an animation of a quick sparkle in a specific location. Like if I had gold lettering and I wanted an animated sparkle to shine for a couple seconds off of say 3 points on the title at slightly different timing and only for a partial time the title was active - text come in, sparkle, text leaves, transition. Can I do such a thing, if so where? how?

Question #3
I would like another title that slides a box (or other graphic element) in, text appears on box, box transitions out. There are some templates in the software but they are not what I want in style and/or color and I can't seem to find a way to change the box size, style, animation or color.

Thank you in advance for any help
I remember when the Ver 7 patch came out shortly after I purchased the upgrade I tried to install, not once but twice and both times my computer crashed and I had to use a restore point to repair - very irritating! I think at the time I found a bunch of stuff that I was supposed to do to my computer to allow this patch to work and frankly, at the time, I said - forget it, wasn't worth the trouble and just went on. I am NOT comfortable working on the "innards" of my computer's operating system. Only have enough knowledge to be dangerous!

WELL, I'm having real trouble with the software now, it could be a combination of the software and I suspect my DVD drive. BUT I must fix this - it is driving me nuts (and unfortunately for me that is a short trip )

Anyway, I can't seem to find the instructions for what I need to do to my computer before this patch can be downloaded without crashing my system. Can anyone point me in the correct directions for "computer fixin' for dummies so patches can be installed and you don't have to shut down your computer and restart 6 times trying to burn a DVD!"

Thanks

I'm running Vista
I have a video that I want to use because of the soundtrack (someone singing) but I would like to place still pictures over the video at various places. I know I can use PIP but it requires me to resize every photo as I want only the photo on the screen not the video image. If I cut the video and place the photos inbetween I'll loose the sound. PIP also doesn't allow a transistion between each photo like a slide show. Is there an easier way to put multiple photos - a slide show basically - in the midst of the video?
Thank you - that works. The piece of info I was missing was to create the MPEG file. Once I did that Power Producer recognized the files and everything worked.

Thanks
Thank you Dave,

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to have put all the video's on one timeline. I have 40 different video clips that need to be in 13 different chapters which will make for a looooooooong story line, I was hoping to keep it a little smaller and easier to work with.

I'm guessing from what I am reading here and there that I can't do what I want and that is pull several different "finished" video files and drop them into the DVD.

It doesn't look like the software understands that. It can do BIG movie but not several little movies.

Is that correct. BTW - I am using PD6
So far I have managed to import files, video & photo and music & put them together. I've trimmed videos and made custom transistions and title pages and even burned a disk and uploaded to YouTube as long as everything was one file it was pretty seamless. I was feeling pretty comfortable.

But now, I'm very confused. I have several edited movie files created with PowerDirector that I want to be different chapters on one DVD that has a nice menu and clickable chapter buttons, etc. I have Power Director V6 and Power Producer. Power Producer says it can't import the files and I don't know how to get Power Director to understand I want several different files on one DVD. (I don't want to make one giagantic file)

I'm very, very confused and the User's Guide (I admit - I don't understand)

Do I need to create individual files (MPEG1?) that are then imported into Power Producer.

Can someone direct me to the idiots guide to putting several files together into one DVD? Or do I need to make one giagantic file that travels for several feet across my computer screen and eats up all my RAM?

I would very grateful to be pointed to the kindergarten files please - thanks.
Go to: