Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
where to go for ultimate newbie info?
nikesmom123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2008 19:35 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
So far I have managed to import files, video & photo and music & put them together. I've trimmed videos and made custom transistions and title pages and even burned a disk and uploaded to YouTube as long as everything was one file it was pretty seamless. I was feeling pretty comfortable.

But now, I'm very confused. I have several edited movie files created with PowerDirector that I want to be different chapters on one DVD that has a nice menu and clickable chapter buttons, etc. I have Power Director V6 and Power Producer. Power Producer says it can't import the files and I don't know how to get Power Director to understand I want several different files on one DVD. (I don't want to make one giagantic file)

I'm very, very confused and the User's Guide (I admit - I don't understand)

Do I need to create individual files (MPEG1?) that are then imported into Power Producer.

Can someone direct me to the idiots guide to putting several files together into one DVD? Or do I need to make one giagantic file that travels for several feet across my computer screen and eats up all my RAM?

I would very grateful to be pointed to the kindergarten files please - thanks.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pam.

If you want to use PowerDirector to create a disc with chapters that contain all the videos you have created, try this (I am writing this assuming you are using PDR 7...if you are not, let me know:

1. Yes...put all the videos that you want to use on the timeline.

2. Go into the Chapters room (the button on the left that has the 1-2-3 on it) and then click the top button that says "Insert chapter at the start of each clip"

This will put a chapter marker at the front of each of the videos you created. You may want to double-check that it worked correctly. You can drag the chapter markers if it is slightly off, to the correct positions.

3. Go into the Create Disc window. Select a disc menu template that suits your videos or your liking. Use the Buttons per page at the bottom left to select the number of chapter of thumbnails you will have on each chapter page. Depending on the number of chapters/videos you will have will depend on the number of chapter pages that you will have.

You can name each of these chapters to suit the name of your video if you like.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have any more questions.

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2008 21:31

nikesmom123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Dave,

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to have put all the video's on one timeline. I have 40 different video clips that need to be in 13 different chapters which will make for a looooooooong story line, I was hoping to keep it a little smaller and easier to work with.

I'm guessing from what I am reading here and there that I can't do what I want and that is pull several different "finished" video files and drop them into the DVD.

It doesn't look like the software understands that. It can do BIG movie but not several little movies.

Is that correct. BTW - I am using PD6
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Pam,

Try creating each of the 13 chapters one at a time in PDR. Produce each chapter as an MPEG file, which is fit for a DVD.

Then once you are done, pull each of the 13 files into PowerProducer to create your DVD.

Either way...it will take a lot of work and production power from your computer.

Good luck

Dave
nikesmom123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you - that works. The piece of info I was missing was to create the MPEG file. Once I did that Power Producer recognized the files and everything worked.

Thanks