Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 7 Patch crashes my computer
nikesmom123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2008 19:35 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I remember when the Ver 7 patch came out shortly after I purchased the upgrade I tried to install, not once but twice and both times my computer crashed and I had to use a restore point to repair - very irritating! I think at the time I found a bunch of stuff that I was supposed to do to my computer to allow this patch to work and frankly, at the time, I said - forget it, wasn't worth the trouble and just went on. I am NOT comfortable working on the "innards" of my computer's operating system. Only have enough knowledge to be dangerous!

WELL, I'm having real trouble with the software now, it could be a combination of the software and I suspect my DVD drive. BUT I must fix this - it is driving me nuts (and unfortunately for me that is a short trip )

Anyway, I can't seem to find the instructions for what I need to do to my computer before this patch can be downloaded without crashing my system. Can anyone point me in the correct directions for "computer fixin' for dummies so patches can be installed and you don't have to shut down your computer and restart 6 times trying to burn a DVD!"

Thanks

I'm running Vista
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Pam -

What is the patch you're trying to install?

You could uninstall/reinstall. Use Windows Install Clean Up - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301) - then reinstall it. This will usually fix whatever is wrong.

Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 05. 2009 10:54

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!