Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Have you looked at the scrolling title types? You can try it paragraph style and have them scroll up and fade off the screen.
Another way might be by creating your own color board and having the Lyric's etc. scroll up and fade out as they go off the color board background.
Either way, you won't need the colorboard if you don't want it. Perhaps a bottom mask would suit your needs better, then just have the words as titles scrolling through?
Powerdirector can be very finicky, as can dongles. I suggest a VC-500 dongles, it often ignores dirty signals, or at least try a different software.
Download free Stoik and see if you can record anything with that.
Honestly, if you are going to do anything other than straight cuts, such as color correction, stabilize, ANYTHING, you would be better served capturing lossless AVI, and THEN using PD for edits fixes and delivery format.
Capturing in compressed, then fixing, and then compressing again, that's just wrong.
I personally use VirtualDub but that might be too steep a learning curve at the moment.

Recently purchased an Elgato Video Capture Device to record my old VHS videos and am just now seeing your comments on the subject.
I hope I don't run into this HDCP problem. My original thoughts were to bring them in as VOB's and convert them.
Years ago there was some old software that let you do a bascic copy to HDD and really that's all I'm seeking to do with this video capture card.
I picked up a 6 TB WD HDD for $128.00 and wanted to put them on there before they are totally useless from "exposure".
Now seeing you advice, I bet I'm going to need to at least find a way to clean the heads.

If that's the ONLY GPU his desktop has, there is no point in this advice. The software will use that GPU, it has no other choice.

On a laptop, that will still not enable GPU encoding, because that setting applies only to 3D CUDA cores , not to the encoding engine.

Sir,
i7 CPU's come with Intel Graphics which PowerDirector seeks to use.
Changing your settings does indeed force GPU to be used.
I Edit and Produce 4K UHD HDR Footage all the time with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 GPU card on my Asus GL702 Laptop.
At first it was pinning my CPU to 100% useage during rendering - until I changed the settings.
ADD the PowerDircetor Program in the Nvidia Control Panel - Use hardware encoding, otherwise PD seeks to use the CPU & it's INTERGRATED HD Graphics.
I consider my 2018 Asus ROG Laptop as the Bare minimum for editing that I do.
i7 - 6700HQ (intel HD 620 graphics) 32 Gb RAM w/ Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Card Discrete.
But at least Now it uses the GPU for Rendering.

SOME are having the Registry issue too, where the hardware encode option has gone away;
"You probably need to change a value in your registry from 1 to 0 in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\CES_FunctionLogger\DATA after your crash with that profile before Jeff corrected it for you."
Quote Hi all

I am looking for some advice regarding PD 365 please. It is currently taking 11hrs to render a 3gb (H.265 HEVC file 1920x1080 24 9000 Bitrate) after some heavy editing.

My question is, when I render I have enabled Harware Video encoder and CPU usage is 50% memory usage is 26% but my GPU usage is 2% (Video encoder Win 10) does this seem correct?

Also If i disable hardware Video encoder I seem get the same results as if it was enabled.

PC Specs

CPU Ryzen 7 2700x @4ghz
GPU 1080ti
Windows 10
32gb Ram

Thanks in advance

Brett

Enable Hardware Encoding
In Nvidia Control Panel set it to use the Powerdirector software , this way GPU will come into play when powerdirector goes to render/produce.
Windows 10 also has it's settings you can use to enforce a program to use the GPU.
Quote I'm going to get the power director 18 , it's probably handy to have but just one question,

I could be getting a new laptop in 6 months to a year, can this be opened on a different device in 6 months or are u tied down to the device u downloaded it too ?

Your "Key" is available in the "your Products" Section for you should you switch computers. It can only be used on one computer at any one time as a safeguard.

I'll be upgrading myself here soon.
Quote I am currently in the process of ripping old DVDs onto my NAS to be played on my Roku TV devices (and maybe eventually other TV platforms in the future). I purchased a Pioneer external optical drive to do it and it came with Cyberlink Suite 10 which I just upgraded only Power2Go to v13.

When I go to rip a DVD, the only option I can find is to "Convert to Mobile" and import all the VOB files. After that, I only get a limited subset of formats - based on mobile device carriers like Apple or Sony, etc. and within those a limited subset of video quality and usually no better than 640x480 (at least that I can tell).

How can I just choose the video format I want to rip to and the video quality? I need to make sure I rip it to the format I need for Roku to read it (H.264/AVC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV)). What would be the best settings to get the best quality and in the format my Roku TV can read?

EDIT: I've found the "Generic" setting where you can do things like up-convert. For a standard DVD that is only supposed to be 480i, what would be the best combination of settings to get the best video quality? Rip at 640x360 and then use TrueTheater to upconvert quality? Or burn at like a 1280x720 and not do TrueTheater settings?

I picked up an Elgato Video Capture Device to get the video from a vcr etc. then I'll use Cybrlink to edit them.
Hardware Encoding Utilizes My GPU where if I do not have that button pressed it will use 100% of my CPU.

SVRT does little else but use the CPU on my unit.

Asus ROG GL702VM 32 Gb RAM - 4 core 8 Thread i7 - Nvidia GeForce 1060 GPU.
Go to: