Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio refinement
gdog [Avatar]
Member Location: New Zealand Joined: Feb 11, 2019 13:09 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
I have a short video which contains tha) teh sound mo fthe wind and b) the sound of 15 metre plus bamboo tonking together. Is ther any way I can ,with PD 18, filter out the wind leaving the bamboo sound on its own . Cheers
Gdog
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know any filter than can remove extraneous noise, even in high-end professional audio programs.

Even professional Hollywood productions must sometimes re-record audio recorded on location because of wind and background noise.
gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't know any filter than can remove extraneous noise, even in high-end professional audio programs.

Even professional Hollywood productions must sometimes re-record audio recorded on location because of wind and background noise.

Many thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
You could try just the wind noise reduction in AudioEditor and see if it gets you anything close. It's in Special > Noise Reduction > Wind and gives you some sensitivity adjustments. If you have AudioDirector other options exist too. I'd assume the bamboo sound is probably significantly different frequency so you can do some band pass filters to try and isolate some.

Jeff
gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You could try just the wind noise reduction in AudioEditor and see if it gets you anything close. It's in Special > Noise Reduction > Wind and gives you some sensitivity adjustments. If you have AudioDirector other options exist too. I'd assume the bamboo sound is probably significantly different frequency so you can do some band pass filters to try and isolate some.

Jeff

I assume you can cut / copy and paste the audio section into Audio Editor rather than try to fiddle/adjust in the final pds.would that be the case?being quite new to this I'm not sure whats possible and don't want to stuff up what I've got
Cheers
Gdog
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Work on a backup copy of your pds file or simply remember not to save.

Just select the clip on the timeline and then the "Tools > Audio Editor" above the timeline to edit the audio track.

Jeff
gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Work on a backup copy of your pds file or simply remember not to save.

Just select the clip on the timeline and then the "Tools > Audio Editor" above the timeline to edit the audio track.

Jeff

Many thanks
G
gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]

Many thanks
G

I managed to get the wind out of the clip and played around with the voice reduction as well to give a pretty good clear sound of the bamboo tonking.
I pretty happy.
Thanks once again.
G