Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
USB wont take my video
gdog [Avatar]
Member Location: New Zealand Joined: Feb 11, 2019 13:09 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
I have just completed a video which says that its 6.99GB in size. I have a USB with nothing on it whose Properties say there is 28GB available .However when I come to drag and drop the video onto it a message appears saying its too big a file.
I suspect that the formatting is incorrect. Its set as FAT 32.Im guessing this isnt the best one for the video .
Can you please advise how what the issue is.
Cheers
gdog
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have just completed a video which says that its 6.99GB in size. I have a USB with nothing on it whose Properties say there is 28GB available .However when I come to drag and drop the video onto it a message appears saying its too big a file.
I suspect that the formatting is incorrect. Its set as FAT 32.Im guessing this isnt the best one for the video .
Can you please advise how what the issue is.
Cheers
gdog

You have it, FAT32, max supported single file size is 4GB. Format to ntfs or other supported format that the receiving player usb supports.

Jeff
gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]

You have it, FAT32, max supported single file size is 4GB. Format to ntfs or other supported format that the receiving player usb supports.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff
How do I reformat the USB?
gdog
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Jeff
gdog

Basic windows approach will work fine, right click on proper drive and select "Format...", adjust "File system" box as appropriate.

Jeff
gdog [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks Jeff
gdog

Sorry I have the answer to that .