Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello, I am using PD 19 ultimate
I frequently use masking and green screens. I started a new project and when I tried to apply a mask to a scene where I wanted to transition from a full screen to a mask that would basically allow only the center portion to be visible. I wanted a moving mask. But putting in key frames didn't create the transition I wanted. The keyframes mostly just reflected whatever I started with. I chose a rectangular mask, and unchecked maintain aspect ratio. The clip is about 4 minutes. I've never encounterd this problem before. However my usual clips are under 30 seconds.
I restarted my computer, re-opened the project. I am out of ideas why the mask isn't responding to the selected key frames. Thanks for any help.
follylynch
Ps I can't figure out where to post my screenshots. Thanks for the tip about attachments. I missed seeing that button.

I wanted to start with Wanted mask 1 and end up at wanted mask 3. But program kept changing to whichever keyframe I manipulated first. See pix. Thanks for help. I never remember having any problem with this before.
Quote I no longer have PD19 so I can't share a project with you, but each of the 4 sides is a custom rectangular mask which shows the clip it's applied to, not the background. In other words, the background clip would show through the dark areas, like this:

None of the masks are inverted, and I think the best thing to do is to simply experiment so you can get a hands-on understanding of how this all works.

Thanks again Optodata,
I did as you suggested and did a lot of playing around and think I have a handle on the whole thing now. You and the moderator were super helpful. I appreciate the time you took to assist.
Thanks.
Quote Well I'm sure embarrased at how wrong my answer was! I was referring to the standard masks and clearly I've haven't spent enough time playing around with the custom mask options yell

Thanks to PDM's enlightenment, you can make one rectangular mask along each edge then create a final custom mask somewhere in the middle as shown here (each colored dot is drawn in the middle of the corresponding mask):

Thank you Optodata.
This screen shot is intruiging. I didn't see before that one could pile up masks (are these are all custom?). I will have to try this.
one other question--whenever I do a selection
mask, it seems not to remove what I want unless I invert the mask. Am I
doing something wrong or is this the way it works? In your picture it seems to not be inverted.
Thanks again.

Hello,

This is not quite correct. You can add up to 5 selection masks on a single clip. My suggestion is to just use a selection mask for your case, which can be customized to fully fit the area you want masked.

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/20/win/enu/14_03_04_selection_mask.html

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you for this
link, I see what you mean. one other question--whenever I do a selection
mask, it seems not to remove what I want unless I invert the mask. Am I
doing something wrong or is this the way it works. I will try the
multiple selection masks. Thanks!

Hello,
Quote Sounds like you're on the right track, but you're also correct that only one mask can be applied to any clip. Two ways to do this come to mind.

The first is to produce the clip with the rectangular mask first, then import the new version and apply the custom mask to that.

The other option is to place a copy of the background clip on track 3 and use your custom mask there, so the masked "background" will be overlaid on top of the main clip on track 2.

Hopefully this montage will help explain what I mean:

Thanks for the import suggestion. I think that may be a key concept. Can one export just a clip? Or do you have to produce the whole sequence. Thanks if you have the answer. Re second idea---I'm not sure how your template works with only the custom mask on track 3, but I will give it a try and see. I appreciate the suggestion.
I was hoping someone could tell me how to apply 2 masks to one clip. I did a rectangular mask for the bulk of it, but need to edit out a shape so did a custom mask using the sticky points to surround the shape. It seems that I can have one or the other. I tried copying the clip and doing a mask on each, but that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Quote Applying color presets and effects is done differently. Color presets usually apply to the whole videoclip and effects can apply to the whole clip of parts thereof.
If you select an item in the effect room, then please notice the (subtle) direction in the bar just above the timeline. It can say things like:
Drag the selected video effect to the effect track, or to a video clip to apply the effect on the entire clip. Or
Drag the effect to the video clip to apply it to the entire clip.
If you want to apply a color preset to only part of the clip, then the thing to do is split the clip at the points before and after the portion of the clip you want to apply the color preset at.
Also note that color presets do not (always) work on still images, color LUTs do.
I hope that this answer your question. Otherwise please show us the (odd?) behavior of PD.

Thank you for the help. I understand applying fx to a particular video clip. But for the Drag the effect to the video clip to apply it to the entire clip--do you mean the entire track it is on? My work is split into many very short segments that are strung together. I will try your suggestions and if I have more problems I will write again. I appreciate your expertise on this. If it is track based color preset, I may have to re-think how I edit that particular portion.
Thanks!

I just tried your suggestions and I understand it now. Problem was jpeg vs clips. All set. Thanks!
Hi, I am up to date with my patch for PD19 ultimate. I can't seem to drag and drop onto a clip or the fx track several of the color presets. Does this only apply to full tracks (I saw this by left clicking)? I usually have no trouble applying fx, are the color presets different in how to make them work? Thanks for any enlightenment.
Hi,
I looked in the help manual and also the forum and couldn't find answers. I would like to create a DVD that will endlessly loop when inserted in player. I will have one video (about 3 Minutes) on the disk. Do I use a menu or is there a command to just jump to the title and then to repeat that?
Also I have exported the video in several formats and will choose one to "produce" the DVD. Should I start from .wmv or from a Mp4 file? This video is to go into an exhibition in a gallery on a monitor and I want a simple insert and play but best quality.

Thanks for any help.
Quote If you have the permanent installed versions of PD they can coexist. Many of us have multiple versions on the same PC.
This requires full installations not upgraded.
PD projects are forward compatible not backwards.
You can buy the disc or download files but keep them copy them and save the email receipt.

Thank you so much for the information. It is very helpful.
Hi, I've only used Power director 16 ultimate for a year. I see some features in 17 ultimate I would like. If I update, what do I do with PD 16? Do I de-install? What happens to projects that I am working on in 16 if I change to 17? This is new for me and I'd appreciate a walk through. Do you recommend I get a back-up disk also?

I see on the 17 forum that there have been produce issues and now there is a patch. Will I get the newest version if I order? Or will I have to get a patch.

Many thanks for assistance. I tried to search for this topic with no success. Sorry if it has been posted before.

Thank you
Hi all, I had some great help from you when I was experiencing difficulty in getting my proDAD plug-ins to work. I received a new link from cyberlink support and have down loaded the plug-ins. They work in my admin account but not my everyday user account. Please help me to figure out how to get my user account to have access. Adorage is the problem. Vitoscene works in both. Another mystery!
Thanks
am attaching the screen shot of the error message after I re-installed and rebooted with the new download (this is in my local user account)
Quote Install the two ….32-bit.exe ones for adorage and vitascene. This may get you by until they send you the right installers for the 64 bit ones.

I do recall a user in the forum stated that he installed all of them before he got them to work in the past.

Thank you for idea, however it didn't seem to work. Where in the program files should these go? It wants to put them in their own folder of ProDad. Now I am getting a message that I need to got to and get the download package at Vitoscene. I feel I am going backwards. message attached. Thanks for any help.
Quote folly1, my guess is you will have to contact CL. The initial release of some PD16 offerings included wrong installs by CL. Supplied with my DirectorSuite 6 was proDAD vitascene-dsple-2.0.243.1-64bit.exe install file. With this install I had the license issues for Vitascene effects as you show. In discussion with proDAD, they said I have the wrong download file from Cyberlink to be compatible with PowerDirector 16.
proDAD support writes:
"Please contact CyberLink directly.
You need Vitascene-dsple- 2.0.250"

After much discussion with CL support, they corrected the downloads for new purchases and supplied download links to me of the updated file, you might check your version supplied on the DVD, if vitascene-dsple-2.0.243.1-64bit.exe that would explain the issue. More than likely a DVD printed copy was completed prior to the initial download packages and may have the old version.

Jeff

I checked on my dvd and the vitascene package is 2.0.50 I also don't understand why the adorage isn't giving me permission. I tried re-installing both programs.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Quote folly1, my guess is you will have to contact CL. The initial release of some PD16 offerings included wrong installs by CL. Supplied with my DirectorSuite 6 was proDAD vitascene-dsple-2.0.243.1-64bit.exe install file. With this install I had the license issues for Vitascene effects as you show. In discussion with proDAD, they said I have the wrong download file from Cyberlink to be compatible with PowerDirector 16.
proDAD support writes:
"Please contact CyberLink directly.
You need Vitascene-dsple- 2.0.250"

After much discussion with CL support, they corrected the downloads for new purchases and supplied download links to me of the updated file, you might check your version supplied on the DVD, if vitascene-dsple-2.0.243.1-64bit.exe that would explain the issue. More than likely a DVD printed copy was completed prior to the initial download packages and may have the old version.

Jeff

Thanks so much, I am hoping this will be the fix. I will send them a copy of my reciept and other info. Great to have the version needed. I hope this gets resolved soon.
Quote You need to contact Cyberlink support to get a digital copy (4 executable files) for ProDad. They will ask for proof of purchase and receipts.

Since you have the retail DVD version try this instead: Find or locate the ProDad installation files on the disc and run the installer executable files separately. That should do it.

Thank you I tried this. I am hoping that the they will send me the correct version as per JL_JL, I appreciate all the help.
Quote Thank you for the screenshots. I have seen these error messages before. It happens if one has those same ProDad plugins from an earlier version of PD. Upgrade to a newer version of PD and did not install ProDad because they already have it installed from an earlier version of PD.

The license you have is for an earlier version of PD. You must install ProDad from the PD16 installation set of files which will then update the license for PD16. You will find the ProDad installation files (at least two of them) that you need to run and execute from the set you downloaded from Cyberlink for PD16.

Thank you for the information. I have a DVD version of the power director 16 ultimate. I used the disks to install the probram. How can I get the updated on line version? I would have thought the DVD version would be correct, but supposedly I get a digital copy as well. I bought this in August 18. Can you direct me to where I can get my online version? I do have Dell power director already on the computer but never use it, do you think that is the problem? I am mystified.
Thanks
Quote Click the Stand alone Effect button on the left.

Hello, thank you I did that and that is when I recieved the two different types of error messages. Please see attached png of error messages. The read only vitascene does nothing.
Hi I was wanting to try the vitoscene and adorage FX plugins and I get this message attached below. When I put the fx in the timeline and click on it

I have the ultimate version of PD 16. My boris effects work fine. I tried re-installing but same message that I don't have access.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Thank you, here it is. Very simple.
However as I said the xascs version of mp4 seems to work as well as the larger avi format.
Thanks for your help.
Go to: