Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
problems with masking motion in PD19 Ultimate
folly1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2019 23:05 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I am using PD 19 ultimate
I frequently use masking and green screens. I started a new project and when I tried to apply a mask to a scene where I wanted to transition from a full screen to a mask that would basically allow only the center portion to be visible. I wanted a moving mask. But putting in key frames didn't create the transition I wanted. The keyframes mostly just reflected whatever I started with. I chose a rectangular mask, and unchecked maintain aspect ratio. The clip is about 4 minutes. I've never encounterd this problem before. However my usual clips are under 30 seconds.
I restarted my computer, re-opened the project. I am out of ideas why the mask isn't responding to the selected key frames. Thanks for any help.
follylynch
Ps I can't figure out where to post my screenshots. Thanks for the tip about attachments. I missed seeing that button.

I wanted to start with Wanted mask 1 and end up at wanted mask 3. But program kept changing to whichever keyframe I manipulated first. See pix. Thanks for help. I never remember having any problem with this before.
[Thumb - mask1.PNG]
 Filename
mask1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Mask1-- not wanted
 Filesize
265 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - WantedMask1.PNG]
 Filename
WantedMask1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
wanted mask 1
 Filesize
368 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Mask3.PNG]
 Filename
Mask3.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Wanted mask 3
 Filesize
110 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 05. 2023 16:02

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can either use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload the images here directly, or you can paste them to an image sharing site like Imgur and then copy the Direct Copy URL.

You can paste it directly in the text box, or use the Insert/edit Image icon (mountains and sun) in the toolbar above the text box