Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ProDad plugins won't open
folly1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2019 23:05 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I was wanting to try the vitoscene and adorage FX plugins and I get this message attached below. When I put the fx in the timeline and click on it

I have the ultimate version of PD 16. My boris effects work fine. I tried re-installing but same message that I don't have access.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
[Thumb - adorage.PNG]
 Filename
adorage.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
594 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Click the Stand alone Effect button on the left.
folly1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Click the Stand alone Effect button on the left.

Hello, thank you I did that and that is when I recieved the two different types of error messages. Please see attached png of error messages. The read only vitascene does nothing.
[Thumb - Vitoscene.PNG]
 Filename
Vitoscene.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
screen shot of error message
 Filesize
582 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - adorage.PNG]
 Filename
adorage.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
screen shot error message
 Filesize
594 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the screenshots. I have seen these error messages before. It happens if one has those same ProDad plugins from an earlier version of PD. Upgrade to a newer version of PD and did not install ProDad because they already have it installed from an earlier version of PD.

The license you have is for an earlier version of PD. You must install ProDad from the PD16 installation set of files which will then update the license for PD16. You will find the ProDad installation files (at least two of them) that you need to run and execute from the set you downloaded from Cyberlink for PD16.
folly1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for the screenshots. I have seen these error messages before. It happens if one has those same ProDad plugins from an earlier version of PD. Upgrade to a newer version of PD and did not install ProDad because they already have it installed from an earlier version of PD.

The license you have is for an earlier version of PD. You must install ProDad from the PD16 installation set of files which will then update the license for PD16. You will find the ProDad installation files (at least two of them) that you need to run and execute from the set you downloaded from Cyberlink for PD16.

Thank you for the information. I have a DVD version of the power director 16 ultimate. I used the disks to install the probram. How can I get the updated on line version? I would have thought the DVD version would be correct, but supposedly I get a digital copy as well. I bought this in August 18. Can you direct me to where I can get my online version? I do have Dell power director already on the computer but never use it, do you think that is the problem? I am mystified.
Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
You need to contact Cyberlink support to get a digital copy (4 executable files) for ProDad. They will ask for proof of purchase and receipts.

Since you have the retail DVD version try this instead: Find or locate the ProDad installation files on the disc and run the installer executable files separately. That should do it.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
folly1, my guess is you will have to contact CL. The initial release of some PD16 offerings included wrong installs by CL. Supplied with my DirectorSuite 6 was proDAD vitascene-dsple-2.0.243.1-64bit.exe install file. With this install I had the license issues for Vitascene effects as you show. In discussion with proDAD, they said I have the wrong download file from Cyberlink to be compatible with PowerDirector 16.
proDAD support writes:
"Please contact CyberLink directly.
You need Vitascene-dsple- 2.0.250"

After much discussion with CL support, they corrected the downloads for new purchases and supplied download links to me of the updated file, you might check your version supplied on the DVD, if vitascene-dsple-2.0.243.1-64bit.exe that would explain the issue. More than likely a DVD printed copy was completed prior to the initial download packages and may have the old version.

Jeff
folly1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You need to contact Cyberlink support to get a digital copy (4 executable files) for ProDad. They will ask for proof of purchase and receipts.

Since you have the retail DVD version try this instead: Find or locate the ProDad installation files on the disc and run the installer executable files separately. That should do it.

Thank you I tried this. I am hoping that the they will send me the correct version as per JL_JL, I appreciate all the help.
folly1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote folly1, my guess is you will have to contact CL. The initial release of some PD16 offerings included wrong installs by CL. Supplied with my DirectorSuite 6 was proDAD vitascene-dsple-2.0.243.1-64bit.exe install file. With this install I had the license issues for Vitascene effects as you show. In discussion with proDAD, they said I have the wrong download file from Cyberlink to be compatible with PowerDirector 16.
proDAD support writes:

After much discussion with CL support, they corrected the downloads for new purchases and supplied download links to me of the updated file, you might check your version supplied on the DVD, if vitascene-dsple-2.0.243.1-64bit.exe that would explain the issue. More than likely a DVD printed copy was completed prior to the initial download packages and may have the old version.

Jeff

Thanks so much, I am hoping this will be the fix. I will send them a copy of my reciept and other info. Great to have the version needed. I hope this gets resolved soon.
folly1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote folly1, my guess is you will have to contact CL. The initial release of some PD16 offerings included wrong installs by CL. Supplied with my DirectorSuite 6 was proDAD vitascene-dsple-2.0.243.1-64bit.exe install file. With this install I had the license issues for Vitascene effects as you show. In discussion with proDAD, they said I have the wrong download file from Cyberlink to be compatible with PowerDirector 16.
proDAD support writes:

Jeff

I checked on my dvd and the vitascene package is 2.0.50 I also don't understand why the adorage isn't giving me permission. I tried re-installing both programs.
Thanks for any thoughts.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Install the two ….32-bit.exe ones for adorage and vitascene. This may get you by until they send you the right installers for the 64 bit ones.

I do recall a user in the forum stated that he installed all of them before he got them to work in the past.
folly1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Install the two ….32-bit.exe ones for adorage and vitascene. This may get you by until they send you the right installers for the 64 bit ones.

I do recall a user in the forum stated that he installed all of them before he got them to work in the past.

Thank you for idea, however it didn't seem to work. Where in the program files should these go? It wants to put them in their own folder of ProDad. Now I am getting a message that I need to got to and get the download package at Vitoscene. I feel I am going backwards. message attached. Thanks for any help.
[Thumb - Vitoscen2.PNG]
 Filename
Vitoscen2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
233 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)