Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If I update to 17 what happens to 16?
folly1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2019 23:05 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I've only used Power director 16 ultimate for a year. I see some features in 17 ultimate I would like. If I update, what do I do with PD 16? Do I de-install? What happens to projects that I am working on in 16 if I change to 17? This is new for me and I'd appreciate a walk through. Do you recommend I get a back-up disk also?

I see on the 17 forum that there have been produce issues and now there is a patch. Will I get the newest version if I order? Or will I have to get a patch.

Many thanks for assistance. I tried to search for this topic with no success. Sorry if it has been posted before.

Thank you
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If you have the permanent installed versions of PD they can coexist. Many of us have multiple versions on the same PC.
This requires full installations not upgraded.
PD projects are forward compatible not backwards.
You can buy the disc or download files but keep them copy them and save the email receipt.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2019 20:33

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
folly1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2019 23:05 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you have the permanent installed versions of PD they can coexist. Many of us have multiple versions on the same PC.
This requires full installations not upgraded.
PD projects are forward compatible not backwards.
You can buy the disc or download files but keep them copy them and save the email receipt.

Thank you so much for the information. It is very helpful.