Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

No, I don't think that would ever work at a frame level for timeline playback. For a 30fps timeline setting one is talking 33 msec per frame, the most sound pressure the human ear can detect in such short duration would sound like a simple click or pop. No audible tones, or any such thing. Much worse at 60fps. I don't see that as too practical of an editing aid.

Jeff

Pinnicle Studio 12 had the feature 10 years ago. Its great for precise jump cuts with lots of talking. It helps to make the cut, rather than playing the video to listen for when the talking starts or stops. You can just click the frame by frame button and soon as you hear no audio or voice you make the cut.
Quote pref > General, "Play audio while scrubbing...."

Jeff

Oh, I usually use the frame by frame button underneath the preview video. I was hoping when I click on that it would also play the audio per frame, but it does not.
Just upgraded to PD 19 from 17, seems exactly the same.... but I recall a year ago seeing they added one new useful feature Audio Scrubing, which makes precise jump cut edits so much easier when going off of the audio.

Does anyone know where this feature is in PD 19? I swear I saw a review video featuring it forever ago which was the main reason I upgraded.

Such a useful feature most consumer software has had since 2010, Pinnicle 12 had it and that's saying something.
Quote @dacvideos, I had found the same. I didn't have a problem with H264 MP4 HD, until I upgraded to PD18. It looks, on a quick look, as though the audio is in front of the video, sync wise.

As has been said, exporting to m2ts instead of MP4 fixes it. Going back to the previous version of PD and the produced MP4 file is OK. Reinstalled 18 and sync problems again. The only problem I've found with PD18's m2ts is, MediaInfo reports PD's m2ts files as being the wrong extension, which does not happen to files produced on an old version of PD.

Also noted that the MP4 files produced by the old version are GOP M=2, N=29, sync perfect. Whereas PD18 is producing MP4 with GOP M=3, N=13 and the sync is out.

Thanks, I was having this issue and changing the file format when producing fixes it. The audio on PD 18 is def out of sync and the audio is a hair faster than the video. Hope they can fix it in an update.
(VIDEO LINK TO ISSUE BELOW)

I have an issue with PD 18 all updates are installed. Whenever I place a new video in the Media Room on the video player, the video appears to be way brighter and washed out than it actually is, once I place the video in the timeline to edit the video looks likes normal and there are no futher issues.

The video being too bright/washed out in the media room is fine, but the reason I mention this, the same issue happens when I open up ColorDirector to color correct a video. The video is auto blown out and way too bright and flickers even brighter in the color director preview and this makes it impossible to use the feature. I cant find a way to make the video preview/appear as it actually is.

Can anyone help tell me why the software is automattially doing this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm7ZHvSSYjY

link to video
I remember back in September this same issue was happening, PD 17 would crash everytime I clicked produce on a project. I had to search the forums where I found Cyberlink put out a tempary patch for the issue. I just downloaded new updates for PD17 which were suppose to fix stability.... Now the issue is back again.

Is anyone else having this issue and how do I fix it? I found the orignal forum post where they put out a work around, but where is the actual update to fix this? I am running the most current version with all updates and the issue continutes. I also tried using the workout around method again and cant seem to get it to work.

Here is a link to the orignal forum post with a fix to the issue

Link to original work around patch
Quote That's fairly subtle, but the problem is definitely there and quite strange. I don't think it's any kind of auto color correction, it looks like there's simply a display difference but we'd certainly want to understand why it's happening.

If you simply place a clip on the timeline and produce it, can you tell if the produced clip matches the original or if it seems to have taken on the color shifts seen when previewing?

It might also help if you could upload one of the clips from your project to a cloud service (OneDrive, DropBox, etc) and post the link here for members to check and see if there's anything unusual about the clip and to test it on their systems.

After further inspection it seems the library preview of video clips presents a brighter and duller image than the actual footage. For exmaple if you preview any clips from the media library they will not look like the actual footage, they will be brighter and flat looking than how they originally are.

Once you drag the video files into the editing timeline your footage will appear how it should and was originally shot. I had assumed my orginal video footage looked like the version the library preview was showing. Still sort of an odd issue.
Everytime I take a video clip from the media library and place it into the video editing timeline the color grading of the video auto changes? Its almost like the software is trying to auto correct my image for the video preview. Notice how my original image is flat and once I add it into the timeline it auto changes and has more contrast and color. I have checked all of the settings and do not see anything that would cause this. Any help would be nice, I would like my image to look like the original while editing.

HERE IS A VIDEO OF THE ISSUE

video of the issue
Go to: