Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Out of sync with video AFTER Produce SOLVED
hotrodsniper [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2016 21:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Having a slight problem right now with "producing" my video that is roughly 32 minutes long.

BEFORE I produce it, everything on the edit screen works perfect, all audio/video is synchronized perfectly from beginning to end however, after I produce my video the audio/video is in sync until about the 14 minute mark then it's out of sync and as the video progresses, it gets worse up to about 2 sec delay between audio and video towards the end of my video (This is the final product, outside of powerdirector).

Has anyone ever had this problem? Any ideas on why this is happening?

Any help is appreciated!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 04. 2016 21:28

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please provide a number of screenshots of the Edit workspace,
1. Full screen with all tracks and all of your project displayed.
2. expand the timeline and show us the start of the out of sync sequence around the 14 min mark please. See guides, Part E & F will help you.http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page

Please inform us as to what format the original clips are and what you're selecting in Produce.

There is a need to know some basic info to. Please provide the info asked for in the guides, Part A & B.

I want to check the timeline track content primarily to eliminate it as the cause. The render process might be related to choice and to audio content. Your render process maybe interferred with my another program running. How many times have you tried to Produce, if once only, you need to try again? Looks to be an external interferrence but I'm just guessing.

Dafydd

Lots of edits, added a bit more.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 01. 2016 04:34

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Having a slight problem right now with "producing" my video that is roughly 32 minutes long.

BEFORE I produce it, everything on the edit screen works perfect, all audio/video is synchronized perfectly from beginning to end however, after I produce my video the audio/video is in sync until about the 14 minute mark then it's out of sync and as the video progresses, it gets worse up to about 2 sec delay between audio and video towards the end of my video (This is the final product, outside of powerdirector).

Has anyone ever had this problem? Any ideas on why this is happening?

Any help is appreciated!
Are any of the Audio files MP3?

If you have MP3 Audio Files on the timeline, you might try converting the MP3 files to WAV. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

hotrodsniper [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok I will do my best to answer questions.

Version: Powerdirector Ultimate 14.0.2707.0 64 bit

I have attached pictures of my workspace, like I said earlier, everything is perfectly in sync during the edit of my video however, after producing it is when it goes out of sync.

Also I have tried producing this video many times trying out different settings and deleting things/breaking up things but nothin is working so far.

I did have 1 mp3 file which I deleted and produced but still didn't work.

The video track is .mp4 and the audio track (on the bottom) is .wav but the separate audio track stays in sync with the video the entire time, it's the actual video sounds that get out of sync with the video and I have tried detaching the audio from the video, producing it and nothing changes.

I doubt another program is interfering with the production, i've produced several videos as long and longer than this with no problem and I make sure to close everything (even through task manager so there are no hidden programs running). Also just produced a video today just as long with no problem, this is very frustrating.

I honestly think it's just another bug with Powerdirector but if there is a fix, that would be great!
[Thumb - Powerdirector01.jpg]
 Filename
Powerdirector01.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
460 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
87 time(s)
[Thumb - Powerdirector02.jpg]
 Filename
Powerdirector02.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
473 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
50 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
603 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There seem to be many things that can be done to keep the video in sync. First thing is to let the shadow files finish generating. Wait for the gold icon on the media clips in the library to turn green. Save the project and then produce it. If the audio is still out of sync then try producing it without hardware encoding.

There is a software update for PD14. You probably don’t need the shadow files enabled at all on this pc for HD video editing.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi hotrodsniper,
Thank you for the data, excellent.
Here are my observations.
You don't need Shadow Edit files, uncheck the option in Preferences/General and in Preferences/Confirmation. I have see some weird issues caused when SEF's are active but have not been created fully*. You also have a powerful enough PC to video edt with, in my view. I do note that an SEF has been generated for your project, green icon. I would suggest you uncheck SEF options and retest.
*SEF's partially created, audio screwed up. From your image you are still attempting to create an SEF for one file and yet that file should have been created already if you've been re-testing the project multiple times (see what I mean).

OK, I note you have in my view low rendering space in your "C" hard drive. I work on the principle of having at least 3x the space of a project and some! You also have to consider where you're calling the media from, the way you have your spare space ... you need to shift some of the stuff in C, E and F into G. Just my opinion. I would suggest you get a larger drive for C and drop the OS into the new drive.

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 17.0 GB
Total Space: 113.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: INTEL SSDSC2BW120A4

Drive: E:
Free Space: 20.1 GB
Total Space: 953.9 GB
Model: WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0

Drive: F:
Free Space: 34.5 GB
Total Space: 228.9 GB
Model: Crucial_CT240M500SSD1

Drive: G:
Free Space: 593.7 GB
Total Space: 1907.7 GB
Model: TOSHIBA DT01ACA200

Uncheck Hardware acceleration option in Produce, that may also help. We have seen, from forum reports, mp4's can be affected by HA.

I think this is a unique issue and not a widespread bug, we would all be suffering the same if it was a bug.

Just guessing.

Dafydd
hotrodsniper [Avatar]
[Post New]
Short version, I tried everything as suggested above, nothing changed.

Long version-

I have tried turning off Shadow edit files, didn't work. Also I tried cutting the clip in half and rendering only the last half (16 mins or so) of the video but it still started getting out of sync as if I produced the whole video.

I only use my "G" drive for video editing, all the other drives are for my OS (C and video games (E,F). Everything I edit and use to edit my videos are in drive G (which is also where they are produced in to)

One last thing, I started a new project and put in the original .mp4 video (shown in attached pic) without editing or adding anything to it, and producing the video alone by itself and the audio stayed in-sync the entire way through after production. It doesn't make any sense doing it like that but I figure I could take that video, after it's produced, and just re-edit the entire thing which I would prefer not to do. This also makes me think its just a bug with this particular project?

Not sure however I thank you guys very much for putting up with me! Any more suggestions is very much appreciated.

Edit: that "heeeeeeeeeeey" video in the media files was never used the project, that was actually the finished product after production. For some reason powerdirector adds it to the media room?
[Thumb - Powerdirector01.jpg]
 Filename
Powerdirector01.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
461 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
43 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 02. 2016 22:49

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
More than likely the problem is with the source files. Let us know where the source files came from like a game capture. See this sticky Part J and attach the mediainfo.txt.
hotrodsniper [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok I've figured it out (I think), my separate audio track, .wav file, was the problem. I converted it to MP3, edited the video again and produced it and everything is in sync the whole way through.

Not sure why this was happening in the first place, and not 100% that was the problem but anyway everything works now. Thanks for your help guys!
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Please edit the title of this thread by putting SOLVED at the beginning, so others can benefit from your experience. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Seancurrent125 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2019 23:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I. Not understanding. If I’m using two videos from my iPhone (an AVI) and an .mov file. Why is it that the playback in review works fine but producing the video (using Avi video as main video with the wav video as an overlay) produces video that is not synced with main background video (Avi)? audio? Is there a syncing that needs to be done pre-production?
[Post New]
Interesting with Power director 14

Why when I change the speed on multiple clips, the video and sound become misaligned.

I select a clip.
the "Tools" option becomes available.
Select, Power Tools > Video Speed > Speed Adjustment.

If I do this with too many clips and also if I go over 8x, I start having alignment issues.
Editing SO Much [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 22, 2019 15:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ok I've figured it out (I think), my separate audio track, .wav file, was the problem. I converted it to MP3, edited the video again and produced it and everything is in sync the whole way through.

Not sure why this was happening in the first place, and not 100% that was the problem but anyway everything works now. Thanks for your help guys!

This didn't solve the problem on my end.
Weird. I've tried a lot of fixes. Nothing in this thread has helped.

Im not sure I would label this "Solved".
Seems like a glitch with PowerDirector.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This didn't solve the problem on my end.
Weird. I've tried a lot of fixes. Nothing in this thread has helped.

The best way to get help from fellow users would be to start a new thread, and include the specifics of what you're trying to do and where you notice the sync issue happen. Be sure you post in the correct PD version forum.

It would also help to upload your source clips to Google Drive, OneDrive etc. so other people can test them.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
jwsmith2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2013 11:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded to powerdirector 18 earlier this year. I recently found the audio/video were out of sync. PD help had nothing in it about audio sync issues. No suggestions online helped. So I reverting back to PD 12 and my problem went away. Software upgrades often break something else while they fix another problem. They both are so close to the same I'll just stay on 12 and forget upgrading. BTW - The encoding is A LOT faster using 12 as well. I recommend not upgrading to 18 anyway.
dacvideos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2020 12:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
SOLUTION!!! - Like many of you, I've been struggling with audio sync problems for years when producing my videos. Sometimes the problem is evident on the mp4 file itself, and other times it doesn't occur until after burning to a disc. I finally found a solution that has worked consistently for me, and will hopefully also work for you. The solution is to produce your clips in m2ts format rather than mp4. The quality is exactly the same, but it seems only the mp4 format is subject to the audio sync problems. If you are using PowerDirector, after selecting your production format (I use H.264 AVC), you'll see a small drop-down menu below the format that lets you choose the file type. The menu shows: M2TS, MP4, and MKV. Choose M2TS. Below that, choose your video quality. (I use AVC 1920 x 1080/60i (24 Mbps) for Blu-ray quality.) When you burn the produced video to disc, you should not notice any sync issues.
sussexmat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2020 07:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
@dacvideos, I had found the same. I didn't have a problem with H264 MP4 HD, until I upgraded to PD18. It looks, on a quick look, as though the audio is in front of the video, sync wise.

As has been said, exporting to m2ts instead of MP4 fixes it. Going back to the previous version of PD and the produced MP4 file is OK. Reinstalled 18 and sync problems again. The only problem I've found with PD18's m2ts is, MediaInfo reports PD's m2ts files as being the wrong extension, which does not happen to files produced on an old version of PD.

Also noted that the MP4 files produced by the old version are GOP M=2, N=29, sync perfect. Whereas PD18 is producing MP4 with GOP M=3, N=13 and the sync is out.
theflickpick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2018 11:39 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote @dacvideos, I had found the same. I didn't have a problem with H264 MP4 HD, until I upgraded to PD18. It looks, on a quick look, as though the audio is in front of the video, sync wise.

As has been said, exporting to m2ts instead of MP4 fixes it. Going back to the previous version of PD and the produced MP4 file is OK. Reinstalled 18 and sync problems again. The only problem I've found with PD18's m2ts is, MediaInfo reports PD's m2ts files as being the wrong extension, which does not happen to files produced on an old version of PD.

Also noted that the MP4 files produced by the old version are GOP M=2, N=29, sync perfect. Whereas PD18 is producing MP4 with GOP M=3, N=13 and the sync is out.

Thanks, I was having this issue and changing the file format when producing fixes it. The audio on PD 18 is def out of sync and the audio is a hair faster than the video. Hope they can fix it in an update.
dhimes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2020 14:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks, I was having this issue and changing the file format when producing fixes it. The audio on PD 18 is def out of sync and the audio is a hair faster than the video. Hope they can fix it in an update.

Reporting in that I'm also having the issue on PD 18. I'll try the fix mentioned here. Also it looks like the transitions are throwing off the sync: they don't seem to adjust the audio and video the same when doing overlap/cross. (And why is "overlap" now the default? What did I miss?)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Reporting in that I'm also having the issue on PD 18. I'll try the fix mentioned here. Also it looks like the transitions are throwing off the sync: they don't seem to adjust the audio and video the same when doing overlap/cross. (And why is "overlap" now the default? What did I miss?)

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to regarding sync being thrown off (a screen recording would be ideal)

The default setting can be changed by going to Preferences, Editing. You can also change an individual transition's style by selecting it and clicking Modify above the timeline.