Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 17 crashes every time I click produce on project
theflickpick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2018 11:39 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I remember back in September this same issue was happening, PD 17 would crash everytime I clicked produce on a project. I had to search the forums where I found Cyberlink put out a tempary patch for the issue. I just downloaded new updates for PD17 which were suppose to fix stability.... Now the issue is back again.

Is anyone else having this issue and how do I fix it? I found the orignal forum post where they put out a work around, but where is the actual update to fix this? I am running the most current version with all updates and the issue continutes. I also tried using the workout around method again and cant seem to get it to work.

Here is a link to the orignal forum post with a fix to the issue

Link to original work around patch

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 27. 2018 03:16

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

So you are saying you applied the hotfix previously? The produce crash issue has still not been resolved yet, as users are using a workaround of rolling back their Intel drivers. The patch update does not fix this. See this FAQ:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23900

If you installed the patch update, then the hotfix you applied was replaced by the new exe. Therefore you should try the roll back your Intel driver solution instead, as the hotfix should not be appled to the latest version.

If you roll back your Intel driver and the problem persists, please contact CyberLink Technical Support.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
spitfire [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2018 17:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i've got the same issue.
Stefan Rogerson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2019 20:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My Power Director 17 is also crashing
everytime I select "produce". Has anyone found any resolve on this matter?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 21. 2019 20:22

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My Power Director 17 is also crashing
everytime I select "produce". Has anyone found any resolve on this matter?

Looks like you found the only unanswered version of this topic. The workaround was posted months ago, although an official patch has yet to be released. Here is the info you need.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The workaround was posted months ago, although an official patch has yet to be released.

So you are saying that patch 2514 of Feb 11 and changed and released again on Feb 26 never fixed this issue?
CL stated "Improves the program stability when entering Produce and Create Disc page."
Even though somewhat cryptic, I'd think that line item would have been to address this common issue. If still broken with the patch, it would appear CL should be notified the update failed to resolve the issue. Those product FAQ pages would always be a lot more valuable if they had a date associated with them or what version it's really applicable for.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]

So you are saying that patch 2514 of Feb 11 and changed and released again on Feb 26 never fixed this issue?

I have no idea if it's fixed or not. Fortunately, I've never encountered the issue, although people keep posting that they still experience the problem so I assume that rolling back to an older Intel driver is the best (and possibly only) option.

My awareness is also partially based on these comments PDM posted when the issue first surfaced, and then there was a temporary patch that was undone by a regular update. After that I mostly stopped paying attention.

I also don't recall seeing anything definitive being posted at the end of any of the Produce Crash threads, as might be expected when the official solution is available. I mentioned that I was uncertain if there was any news back on Feb 27, but haven't followed up.