Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Scrubbing PD 19
theflickpick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2018 11:39 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Just upgraded to PD 19 from 17, seems exactly the same.... but I recall a year ago seeing they added one new useful feature Audio Scrubing, which makes precise jump cut edits so much easier when going off of the audio.

Does anyone know where this feature is in PD 19? I swear I saw a review video featuring it forever ago which was the main reason I upgraded.

Such a useful feature most consumer software has had since 2010, Pinnicle 12 had it and that's saying something.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2021 13:36

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
pref > General, "Play audio while scrubbing...."

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2021 13:53

theflickpick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote pref > General, "Play audio while scrubbing...."

Jeff

Oh, I usually use the frame by frame button underneath the preview video. I was hoping when I click on that it would also play the audio per frame, but it does not.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Oh, I usually use the frame by frame button underneath the preview video. I was hoping when I click on that it would also play the audio per frame, but it does not.

No, I don't think that would ever work at a frame level for timeline playback. For a 30fps timeline setting one is talking 33 msec per frame, the most sound pressure the human ear can detect in such short duration would sound like a simple click or pop. No audible tones, or any such thing. Much worse at 60fps. I don't see that as too practical of an editing aid.

Jeff
theflickpick [Avatar]
[Post New]

No, I don't think that would ever work at a frame level for timeline playback. For a 30fps timeline setting one is talking 33 msec per frame, the most sound pressure the human ear can detect in such short duration would sound like a simple click or pop. No audible tones, or any such thing. Much worse at 60fps. I don't see that as too practical of an editing aid.

Jeff

Pinnicle Studio 12 had the feature 10 years ago. Its great for precise jump cuts with lots of talking. It helps to make the cut, rather than playing the video to listen for when the talking starts or stops. You can just click the frame by frame button and soon as you hear no audio or voice you make the cut.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Pinnicle Studio 12 had the feature 10 years ago. Its great for precise jump cuts with lots of talking. It helps to make the cut, rather than playing the video to listen for when the talking starts or stops. You can just click the frame by frame button and soon as you hear no audio or voice you make the cut.

File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions

Jeff