Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote That's a basic question you can quickly find the answer to by Googling rather than posting and waiting for someone like me to respond

Bitrate is a measure of how much detail is contained in a clip. 17Mbps will give you a smaller file size which will let you fit more/longer content onto a BD. 24Mbps will give you higher quality (clearer details) but at the expense of having less room available.

Unless you're struggling to fit your creation onto a disc, go with 24Mbps.
thanks a lot
Quote 60i is the same as 30p but you'll have less flicker during movement scenes because PD will use the same frame twice rather than interlacing two slightly different fields.
great I'll go with the 60i but one more quesiton, should I use 17 mbps or 24 mbps? What's the main difference I'd see in using one over the other?
My videos are shot in 30p and I'm trying to burn to a bluray. Since 30p isn't an option, which is the best to go with? 24p? 60i? 60p? etc.
In the Slideshow Creator, where can I download alternate styles? I see where to download alternate Magic Styles but I'm looking specifcially for ones that would show up in the Slideshow Creator mode

For going to BD media, H.264, 1920x1080/60i (24Mbps) would be most common. If your BD standalone players support 60P BD playback, 1920x1080/60p (28Mbps) would be better quality but not all standalone BD players will play it, you just have to try.

Jeff

just to clarify, your saying to use the H.264 1920x1080/60i (24mbps) for BOTH the videos shot in 60p and the videos shot in 30P? Same setting for both?

Use MediaInfo to provide the video details of one of your camera clips so we have the details. But generally recording in 24p for normal nonprofessional recording of typical consumer content is not a real good idea.

Jeff

I've been shooting in 60P for about a year but noticed it was taking a lot of space and switched to 30P recently. At the bottom of my post are the Media Info video specs for 60P and 30P.

Again, I'm burning to a 2D Blu Ray and am confused on which options to choose for the 60P videos and the 30P videos.

I see a choice between H.264 and MPEG-2 with the following options. Which should I chose for the 60P videos and which should I chose for the 30P videos?

MPEG 2

• 1920x1080/24P (26mbps)

• 1920x1080/60i (26mbps)

H.264

• 1920x1080/24P (17mbps)

• 1920x1080/60i (17mbps)

• 1920x1080/60i (24mbps)

• 1920x1080/60p (28mbps)

60P

General
Complete name : E:\Sony Videos\2020\4-1-2020\C0063.MP4
Format : XAVC
Codec ID : XAVC (XAVC/mp42/iso2)
File size : 386 MiB
Duration : 1 min 2 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 52.1 Mb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2020-04-01 19:23:42
Tagged date : UTC 2020-04-01 19:23:42
Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.2
Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 1 min 2 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 50.1 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate : 60.0 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 59.940 (60000/1001) FPS
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.403
Stream size : 371 MiB (96%)
Encoded date : UTC 2020-04-01 19:23:42
Tagged date : UTC 2020-04-01 19:23:42
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : xvYCC
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Codec configuration box : avcC

30P
General
Complete name : E:\Sony Videos\5-12-2020\C0085.MP4
Format : XAVC
Codec ID : XAVC (XAVC/mp42/iso2)
File size : 606 MiB
Duration : 1 min 39 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 51.3 Mb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2020-05-12 23:31:42
Tagged date : UTC 2020-05-12 23:31:42
Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 2 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 1 min 39 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 49.5 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate : 60.0 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.796
Stream size : 585 MiB (97%)
Encoded date : UTC 2020-05-12 23:31:42
Tagged date : UTC 2020-05-12 23:31:42
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : xvYCC
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Codec configuration box : avcC

Unfortunately the Blu-ray specs were created long ago for film (24p) and television (60i) which is 29.97 interlaced frames or about 60 interlaced fields per second. 1080/60p was added later. You won’t be able to tell the difference using 60i encoding. It will look okay on the computer monitor with the proper video player or on a modern TV.

Edit: Jeff answered first while I was still typing. I agree that 60i should be used.

Thanks. So would it better for me to shoot the camcorder in 24p since that's one of the options when writing to blu ray so it matches? Or does it not make much of a difference if shooting in 30p but burning to 60i? Would I lose any quality? Any downside to doing this?
My Camcorder is shooting at 30fps. When creating a 2d disc, the only options I see are 24 or 60fps. I would want the disc output to match what the content was shot in. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?
I'm trying to determine which is the best option to get the best quality for my different needs...

For DVDs, is it best to use the create Disc option? For DVD's, I understand that the highest quality is 720x480 using MPEG-2. I assume since that is the highest quality it wouldn't matter if I first produced my video as a MPEG-2 file at 1920x1080 and burned that file to a DVD. Is that correct?

If I am just sharing the digital file (not for streaming but for playing on other computers), looking for the best quality am I better off using H.264 or H.265? The footage was shot in 2K, playing on a 4K TV so does it matter if I select MPEG-4 4K when choosing the quality?

Any guidance would be helpful as I'm new to all this.
Thanks so burning to 720x480 is really the only option to play on a standard DVD player? Is there any others ways to increase the quality? saving as a certain file extension/codec before burning? Would that do anything?
I am trying to burn high quality HD footage to a DVD. I select 2D Disc, Select DVD-Video but the only option for quality is HQ 720x480. Why isn't a higher quality option available? I'm looking to burn using the highest quality.

Click on "PowerDirector" in the upper right hand corner of the GUI interface. The trial is the reason, the trial is a restricted version and cannot create H.264 by CPU encoding, more than likely because of license restrictions. Therefore, one needs a GPU capable of H.264 encoding which you do not have.

Note the trial statement:
"Importing and producing H.264 video files is only supported on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 systems or hardware platforms offering independent H.264 encoding and decoding"
https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector-video-movie-editor/download_en_US.html?affid=2581_1299_290_12411_0_ENU_powerdirector-video-movie-editor

Jeff
It was as simple as that! I was using the trial, I just paid for the full version and it works fine. Thank you!
Quote Post a screen grab of your exact version of PD16. I suspect you have a limited release edition. AVCHD on disc utilizes a H.264 video format, not MPEG2 as you have produced. A restricted version PD release can not do this unless you have a GPU that supports H.264 encoding. The GT1030 is not such a GPU card as it has no encoder, only the decoder.

If PD is doing it's job with proper GPU identification, I'd think the box that Hatti asked you to try would not even be a option, greyed out. Post this screen grab while you're at it to give us some insight.

Jeff
How can I find the exact version I am using. I am using a trial version so maybe that has something to do with it? I produced the MPEG2 but when I go to the Create disc screen, if I want to burn to a resolution higher than 720x480, I have to select the AVCHD which has the H.264 encoder.

I'm sorry I may be making things more complicated as I am totally new to editing but I simply am trying to have the slideshow I created burned to a DVD in the highest possible resolution to play on my HDTV. When I clicked "create disc" and selected "DVD video", the only option is to burn to 720x480 using MPEG-2 encoding but it was not coming out very clear. So I want to be able to burn to 1920x1080. I don't think Bluray will work because I'm not burning to a blu ray disc so I tried the AVCHD using the only encoder option of H.264 but receive the error.
Quote You already activated "Hardware Decoding". That setting decodes H.264 and H.265 faster, as if done with the processor. That is of course different from "Hardware Encoding". I tried to produce an AVCHD and saw an option - see screenshot. Did you try it?

Hatti
interesting. If I click on "produce" rather than "create disc", I am able to produce the file as an MPEG-2 1920x1080 (didn't even need to check hardware video encoder) but then how can I burn that file onto a DVD. When I try and import the file I just created on the create disc option it is still giving me the same error..
I am trying to create a disc from the slideshow but and am receiving this message when I select the AVCHD option. "Your output profile is only supported by hardware accelerated encoding. You must enable hardware video encoding option to use" I went into settings within the program and "Enable Hardware decoding" is selected already. It allows me to burn a standard DVD 720p but when I try to burn to a higher quality I receive this error.

I am using a brand new Dell XPS computer with a NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 Graphics Car. I went into the settings for the graphic card and I made sure I had that card selected and not the standard computer graphics card. What can I do to fix this?
First off, I am new and testing out the software. I am trying to create a slideshow with about 150 pictures. The problem I'm having is when I click on the slideshow creator, it only lets me pick 1 song. If chose to 'fit music to photos' it will play the song more once which I dont want. If I chose 'fit photos to music' it will play the song once but it won't include all my pictures!

Then, I find out about automode. I was happy since that let me chose more than 1 song but I still want the photos to fit the music and my only options are to make it a 31 min video based on the # of photos or 'fit to duration or music' which again leaves out pictires.

There has to be a workaround for this, it doesn't seem right. Please help!
Go to: