Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating HD DVD - Hardware accelerated encoding Error
AJ T [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2018 17:29 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to create a disc from the slideshow but and am receiving this message when I select the AVCHD option. "Your output profile is only supported by hardware accelerated encoding. You must enable hardware video encoding option to use" I went into settings within the program and "Enable Hardware decoding" is selected already. It allows me to burn a standard DVD 720p but when I try to burn to a higher quality I receive this error.

I am using a brand new Dell XPS computer with a NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 Graphics Car. I went into the settings for the graphic card and I made sure I had that card selected and not the standard computer graphics card. What can I do to fix this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2018 13:23

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
You already activated "Hardware Decoding". That setting decodes H.264 and H.265 faster, as if done with the processor. That is of course different from "Hardware Encoding". I tried to produce an AVCHD and saw an option - see screenshot. Did you try it?

Hatti
[Thumb - Unbenannt.PNG]
 Filename
Unbenannt.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Hardware encoding
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
AJ T [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You already activated "Hardware Decoding". That setting decodes H.264 and H.265 faster, as if done with the processor. That is of course different from "Hardware Encoding". I tried to produce an AVCHD and saw an option - see screenshot. Did you try it?

Hatti
interesting. If I click on "produce" rather than "create disc", I am able to produce the file as an MPEG-2 1920x1080 (didn't even need to check hardware video encoder) but then how can I burn that file onto a DVD. When I try and import the file I just created on the create disc option it is still giving me the same error..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2018 19:11

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Post a screen grab of your exact version of PD16. I suspect you have a limited release edition. AVCHD on disc utilizes a H.264 video format, not MPEG2 as you have produced. A restricted version PD release can not do this unless you have a GPU that supports H.264 encoding. The GT1030 is not such a GPU card as it has no encoder, only the decoder.

If PD is doing it's job with proper GPU identification, I'd think the box that Hatti asked you to try would not even be a option, greyed out. Post this screen grab while you're at it to give us some insight.

Jeff
AJ T [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Post a screen grab of your exact version of PD16. I suspect you have a limited release edition. AVCHD on disc utilizes a H.264 video format, not MPEG2 as you have produced. A restricted version PD release can not do this unless you have a GPU that supports H.264 encoding. The GT1030 is not such a GPU card as it has no encoder, only the decoder.

If PD is doing it's job with proper GPU identification, I'd think the box that Hatti asked you to try would not even be a option, greyed out. Post this screen grab while you're at it to give us some insight.

Jeff
How can I find the exact version I am using. I am using a trial version so maybe that has something to do with it? I produced the MPEG2 but when I go to the Create disc screen, if I want to burn to a resolution higher than 720x480, I have to select the AVCHD which has the H.264 encoder.

I'm sorry I may be making things more complicated as I am totally new to editing but I simply am trying to have the slideshow I created burned to a DVD in the highest possible resolution to play on my HDTV. When I clicked "create disc" and selected "DVD video", the only option is to burn to 720x480 using MPEG-2 encoding but it was not coming out very clear. So I want to be able to burn to 1920x1080. I don't think Bluray will work because I'm not burning to a blu ray disc so I tried the AVCHD using the only encoder option of H.264 but receive the error.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
How can I find the exact version I am using. I am using a trial version so maybe that has something to do with it?

Click on "PowerDirector" in the upper right hand corner of the GUI interface. The trial is the reason, the trial is a restricted version and cannot create H.264 by CPU encoding, more than likely because of license restrictions. Therefore, one needs a GPU capable of H.264 encoding which you do not have.

Note the trial statement:
"Importing and producing H.264 video files is only supported on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 systems or hardware platforms offering independent H.264 encoding and decoding"
https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector-video-movie-editor/download_en_US.html?affid=2581_1299_290_12411_0_ENU_powerdirector-video-movie-editor

Jeff
AJ T [Avatar]
[Post New]

Click on "PowerDirector" in the upper right hand corner of the GUI interface. The trial is the reason, the trial is a restricted version and cannot create H.264 by CPU encoding, more than likely because of license restrictions. Therefore, one needs a GPU capable of H.264 encoding which you do not have.

Note the trial statement:
"Importing and producing H.264 video files is only supported on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 systems or hardware platforms offering independent H.264 encoding and decoding"
https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdirector-video-movie-editor/download_en_US.html?affid=2581_1299_290_12411_0_ENU_powerdirector-video-movie-editor

Jeff
It was as simple as that! I was using the trial, I just paid for the full version and it works fine. Thank you!