Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning to Blu Ray with videos shot in 30p
AJ T [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2018 17:29 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
My videos are shot in 30p and I'm trying to burn to a bluray. Since 30p isn't an option, which is the best to go with? 24p? 60i? 60p? etc.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
60i is the same as 30p but you'll have less flicker during movement scenes because PD will use the same frame twice rather than interlacing two slightly different fields.
AJ T [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote 60i is the same as 30p but you'll have less flicker during movement scenes because PD will use the same frame twice rather than interlacing two slightly different fields.
great I'll go with the 60i but one more quesiton, should I use 17 mbps or 24 mbps? What's the main difference I'd see in using one over the other?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 12. 2020 16:53

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's a basic question you can quickly find the answer to by Googling rather than posting and waiting for someone like me to respond

Bitrate is a measure of how much detail is contained in a clip. 17Mbps will give you a smaller file size which will let you fit more/longer content onto a BD. 24Mbps will give you higher quality (clearer details) but at the expense of having less room available.

Unless you're struggling to fit your creation onto a disc, go with 24Mbps.
AJ T [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That's a basic question you can quickly find the answer to by Googling rather than posting and waiting for someone like me to respond

Bitrate is a measure of how much detail is contained in a clip. 17Mbps will give you a smaller file size which will let you fit more/longer content onto a BD. 24Mbps will give you higher quality (clearer details) but at the expense of having less room available.

Unless you're struggling to fit your creation onto a disc, go with 24Mbps.
thanks a lot