Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timing Music and Slideshow/Auto Mode
AJ T [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2018 17:29 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
First off, I am new and testing out the software. I am trying to create a slideshow with about 150 pictures. The problem I'm having is when I click on the slideshow creator, it only lets me pick 1 song. If chose to 'fit music to photos' it will play the song more once which I dont want. If I chose 'fit photos to music' it will play the song once but it won't include all my pictures!

Then, I find out about automode. I was happy since that let me chose more than 1 song but I still want the photos to fit the music and my only options are to make it a 31 min video based on the # of photos or 'fit to duration or music' which again leaves out pictires.

There has to be a workaround for this, it doesn't seem right. Please help!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
PD is a video editor. You will find out that still PD has great features to make slide shows, that the automatic generation is more suitable for a smaller set of pictures.
Once the generation has been done you have the option you change the result manually. That also is nice and gives you good flexibility, but depending on what you want to do and the number of images it may also be time consuming.
Then there is sorting of the pictures. PD alternative to the timeline (use the TAB-key in PD16) enables you to get the images in the right order. As a work around, maybe take the large set at once and do manual changes in the timeline. And maybe combine the sound clips separately in advance in the desired order so that you can load the single song?
Alternatively you can

• Make smaller sets of images, generate them separately and edit them together in a second pas

• Or load the images in/on the timeline and tread them as video-clips, and video edit them. The nice functions of a generated slide show will not be readily available and will be harder to make though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2018 06:34

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PD is a video editor. You will find out that still PD has great features to make slide shows, that the automatic generation is more suitable for a smaller set of pictures.
Once the generation has been done you have the option you change the result manually. That also is nice and gives you good flexibility, but depending on what you want to do and the number of images it may also be time consuming.
Then there is sorting of the pictures. PD alternative to the timeline (use the TAB-key in PD16) enables you to get the images in the right order. As a work around, maybe take the large set at once and do manual changes in the timeline. And maybe combine the sound clips separately in advance in the desired order so that you can load the single song?
Alternatively you can

• Make smaller sets of images, generate them separately and edit them together in a second pas

• Or load the images in/on the timeline and tread them as video-clips, and video edit them. The nice functions of a generated slide show will not be readily available and will be harder to make though.

Why not simply add your music in a second track beneath the slideshow track. And, for example, if you use the Motion slideshow you can alter the duration of some of the photos so that the whole slideshow and music track match in length.

Have a read of the Newbie Room article in issue 8 here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65951.page It will give an explanation about each PD slideshow template, it may help you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25. 2018 14:56

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
LOL, that is what I often do, but I guessed that ATJ wanted to have the benefits of automatic generation.
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Late on this but here is what I have done, but with less photos.(40)
Create the slide show however you like. And produce with no audio.
Then drop
that into timeline. Bring your audio clip/clips into timeline. Use power tools to adjust slideshow to match the audio. Produce again and done. I have yet to experiment with beat detection prior to producing final version but it might be interesting to experiment with. ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,