Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello everyone, I am having major issues trying to use my reinstalled PD 14 on my BRAND NEW ENVY computer.

I keep getting this message: This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem. Does anyone know what this means ?

Why is power director trying to reach the internet while I am importing my videos from hard drives?

On a similar note, where can I find the update settings for my pd 14?

Also, is the newsest pd version 15 or 16?

Jul 31, 2013 this is a response from Microsoft Support on a similar issue

Step 1: It sounds like you have an installed program configured to access the internet and perform an operation, such as check for updates for that program. a. The 'server busy' message is appearing because the program is trying to access the internet before the connection is completely ready. b. It could be any program like an Antivirus program that has program update options. c. You will have the settings inside the program to configure the way it updates.

Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks so much. Angela
Hi Carl, I hope all is well with you. Happy July4th.

Can you please recommend a file converter so that

I can import my TS files to PD 14? Thanks so much. Angela

Quote: Neil, the station uses Final Cut Pro, which works with Mac, and I have a Pc, so, maybe that is it.
Barry, although I can browse and find the TS files, they will not import off the dVd.
YES, that is what I am trying to say, I just realized, its the TS files that PD doesn't accept.
You do not need anything except for Windows Explorer. Put the DVD in you DVD drive. (It is a Data DVD, because it has *.TS files). Copy the TS files to a folder on your computer.

You can then Import the TS files into Powerdirector. Unless the TS files are not the the same AVCHD files that Powerdirector accepts, you may need to use a file converter to convert the TS files to a format that Powerdirector will accept (M2TS, MP4, MKV).
Tony,

thanks for informing me to check in PIP. Presently, my editing computer

is in repair, so I won't be able to get to this for about two weeks, but I look forward to it. Cheers.

Quote Hi Tony, so, "Some Lower Thirds" dzl where do I find this??

The template link you sent sends me to Cyberlink site with a bunch of title templates, but

where are some that are exactly alike, yet offer left, center, and right, positions?

Thanks for you help! Angela

Quote Now that I downloaded them, how do I integrate them with my pd 14 titles?

Quote Thank Tony! I just downloaded the templates and I look forward to trying them later this week. I appreciate your help, as usual! Your the best!

Quote Angela -

The title templates that contain animations are, unfortunately, stuck where they are (as you've discovered).

There are ways around that if you are able to take the time to do it... but it's a bit of a convoluted process. One method is show in this tutorial.

Alternatively, if you're happy to use a simpler lower third/title bar, you could install the bunch of templates attached (it was easier than posting all the links)

OK - so you might like the motion but not the graphics. In that case, use your own lower third graphic and create your own templates by copying & pasting keyframe attributes... or modify to suit your needs.

I came across a strange issue when making these, but I'll post as a separate subject.

Cheers - Tony
Tony, I looked under downloaded and custome, and they are not there.

Quote Hi Tony, so, "Some Lower Thirds" dzl where do I find this??

The template link you sent sends me to Cyberlink site with a bunch of title templates, but

where are some that are exactly alike, yet offer left, center, and right, positions?

Quote Thank Tony! I just downloaded the templates and I look forward to trying them later this week. I appreciate your help, as usual! Your the best!

Quote Angela -

The title templates that contain animations are, unfortunately, stuck where they are (as you've discovered).

There are ways around that if you are able to take the time to do it... but it's a bit of a convoluted process. One method is show in this tutorial.

Alternatively, if you're happy to use a simpler lower third/title bar, you could install the bunch of templates attached (it was easier than posting all the links)

OK - so you might like the motion but not the graphics. In that case, use your own lower third graphic and create your own templates by copying & pasting keyframe attributes... or modify to suit your needs.

I came across a strange issue when making these, but I'll post as a separate subject.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Tony, so, "Some Lower Thirds" dzl where do I find this??

Quote Angela -

Cheers - Tony
Now that I downloaded them, how do I integrate them with my pd 14 titles?

Quote Angela -

Cheers - Tony
Thank Tony! I just downloaded the templates and I look forward to trying them later this week. I appreciate your help, as usual! Your the best!

Quote Angela -

Cheers - Tony
Hi, So many of the lower thirds are beautiful, however, some are located on right side, and some under left side of screen. None come in ALL THREE PLACEMENTS, center, right or left, to place under the respective speaker. I don't have any closeups of the guests, so the title appears under the wrong person speaking if I choose center or left or right for my selection.

I tried to look under "effects" but it didn't work. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Hi, When I try to produce my H.264 video, the profile name quality dropdown is not offering 1920 x 1080. Where did it go?

It jumps from 720 x 576 2048 to 1536. I tried to paste a print screen but I need to include a "source" and I don't know how to do it. I attached a print scren shot though. Thanks for any help I might receive!

NOT SOLVED, NEED HELP PLEASE!
Is anyone familiar with Nexus backup systems, which, I am told are compatible with Final Cut Pro and Adobe. Could it be that they recently did an update and no longer "read" dvd's which have been edited with PD on my pc?
Hi Everyone, it has been odd, but my last three DVD TV shows that I ingested to the TV studio system, come up indicating that the show is only 6 seconds even though the entire show is uploaded.

Anyone every run into this? Could it be the bit rate? The tech guy at the studio just changed bit rate from some kind of hugeeee number, down to 6000.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Angela
thanks.
I am sorry I created two threads, I think I got overwhelmed and couldn't remember what/when/if I had posted. It turned out that after changing some of the graphic card settings, the black screen went away. Thankfully. And, thank you!
I have audio, but the screen is black. It is almost as if I have a black pip blocking the video I am trying to edit in the time line, but I don't....
Also, when I click on the clip, I see it, but when I try to run it to watch, it is black.
I have recently gotten error messages:

"intel HD graphics display driver for windows has stopped responding and has recovered."

Also,

"PDR.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware"

and,

"Definition Update for Windows Defender - Error 0x80070643"

I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH ONE IS THE CULPRIT!!!!
Carl, I am using the graphics card as default.
However, how do i use PD as admin?
Also, now my viewing screen is black!!!
If I click on the clip, I see it, but if I try to play it or edit, all i get is sound. Other people on google have had this problem, but I don't understand how to fix it.
JL JL Thanks! Yes, it is the videos which I have added special effects to which have the orange exclamation marks. CASE CLOSED.
Hi, after crashing alot lately, my computer has been giving me this message. "PDR.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware" Does anyone know how I can unblock it? Thanks.
Correction, the marks appear on my timeline, not in my library items.
My system keeps crashing, and coincidentally there are orange exclamation marks (or something like that) on many of the videos clips I am using in my movie. Anyone know what they mean? Thanks.
I learned a quick workaround for importing a DVD movie.
I hope this helps others:
1. Copy DVD to harddrive
2. Rename it
3. You might have to make another copy and rename it again.
DONE! Now PD will be able to import the entire movie that was on the DVD, for editing.
Go to: