Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

The information for editing mov files in PD16 has already been given long ago in this thread. Using the free old version of Power2Go 11; Go to Media Converter/Video to Mobile Device/ Browse and do Drag n Drop of the files you want to convert/ Hit Next and follow the instructions and get a low resolution mp4 file from it suitable for a low price cell phone. This will not work if Apple Quicktime is not installed.

Mov files can be edited directly in PD16 only if the Apple Quicktime in the 3rd post by Carl312 of this thread is installed on your pc. It is possible that this won’t work on your pc because you have the Deluxe instead of the Ultra or Ultimate version of PD16. I believe that this may be the reason neither user you addressed wants to give you a definite answer. It may be better for you to either start a New Topic post or contact Cyberlink support for the best answer. The answer you get may or not be the same if you are unwilling to install Apple Quicktime.

ok thanks.
Quote Just for the heck of it, did you try to convert the file in PowerDirector?
If yes, what was the result?
Also, what version of Power2Go are you using? It looks like 13 can convert but I'll have to double check which one I have.

I have PD 16. Where is the tool to convert a file in the program? I didn't know it had one. All I know is that when I brought in the quicktime movie, there was no soundtrack. Thanks. Angela
Thanks for trying to help me.
I don't know what "apple quicktime components are" or "quicken lite" but will
Power2Go convert the file to mp? Or, easier to just use handbrake?
Hello, lovely Angela. I missed your post. Have you made any progress?

Hi Barry, I am hoping there is a way to edit quicktime movies without first having to use Handbrake
to convert them. I think I have the Power2Go program, does that work?
Hi Carl, Long time no talk! I hope all is well with you.
I have Power2Go subscription.
I got a new computer and must reinstall when Cyberlink
sends me link. It really stinks that I have to "wait" for them to send me a link
when I purchased it already....)
But on another note....
will PD 16 convert a quicktime to mp4?
Presently, the sound track will NOT come over to PD
16 when I import the quicktime move that we filmed in the studio.
I was told I can use Handbrake to convert it, but I am affraid to download Handbrake.
Thanks.
Hi Barry, I hope all is well with you.
I have PD 16 on my pc.
When I import a quicktime movie, the sound does not come over.
Have you given instuctions here for people who only own a mac?
Or am I confused? Thanks. Angela
Quote This is all on a PC, and you have to select the bottom All Files option, NOT the default "All Media Files" because m4v isn't included in that list.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It works! Thank you soooo much!
Quote Here's a quick video showing how to get PD to show all clips when importing. I used PD14 but the same technique applies to all versions:

Interesting, maybe because I use a PC, but All Media Files or Videos doesn't include m4v.

No, that's a composite screenshot of the Import media Files... window, and you would click on the drop-down arrow for the Files of type: list. You'll need to do that each time you want to import one or more m4v files so that PD will not exclude them.

The bottom section of the screenshot shows what your m4v clips looks like whenPD is ready to import it.

OHHH! OK THANKS SO MUCH!

I will also do this suggestion for future importing. Thanks again!

How do I find the place to change to 'all" on my pc, is it in control panel?
Quote That's great to hear. Renaming the clip to MP4 was vn800rider's suggestion in the 4th post, and you can also import it directly into PD without renaming if you change the file selection settings like this:

I will also do this suggestion for future importing. Thanks again!
Quote Just try renaming the file extension. Both .m4v and .mp4 are often identical. Worth a try??

Cheers
Adrian

Thanks! I am sorry I hadn't seen this suggestion, it worked!

Here is a snapshot, it says what it is, m4v. However, I will try to rename the extension and see if that works. Thanks.

WOW WOW WOW! I learn something new every day! I simply had to rename it .mp4 and it worked! Thanks everyone, have a great rest of the weekend. I am very greatful!

Maybe we should take this one step at a time. The clip you uploaded is an MP4, not m4v. Is that the original clip that you weren't able to import into PD16?

If so, are you able to bring it into PD16 and place it on the timeline for editing?

Here is a snapshot, it says what it is, m4v. However, I will try to rename the extension and see if that works. Thanks.
Quote Does PD 16 claim to import M4v?
Perhaps an install of a codec pack may help.

How does one install a "codec" pack?
Quote Does PD 16 claim to import M4v?
Perhaps an install of a codec pack may help.

If it doesn't claim to import m4v, then how did you and the other person do it? I keep trying to share the file in response to the moderator, but the page crashes. I will try here to the youtube link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq97_CDKLUc
Quote I did find a file, altered the extension and it was fine in PD13 and 17.
The file had no apparent audio track.

Hi Barry, thanks for this info. The support ticket people at Cyberlink told me to "check to see if my file is compatible."
In some places I read tht m4v is compatible, and some say it's not.... Then, I download the updated drivers they said to download, One of them, the Radion software adrenalin package, said "oops, you do not have the required hardware for AMD." See attached.
Not sure what it means.... and, what if I updgrade to 365, will I still have problems importing m4v after I spend money to upgrade? Who knows...
I just filmed three shows in the studio, and they used a file called m4v. The only other option was
.mov. Does my pd 16 work with these file types? I can't see them when I try to import.
Many thanks, I will try this.

Quote happy new year to you, too. welcome back.
it's going to be little bit long so read up on this Custom output video size 720 x 404 and you may download attached example.

1) you have to create a custom profile. name it so you know which one to modify.
2) locate Profile.ini in your PD16 folder. it may be located different places than previous PDs. PD12 profile.ini was located at User\ AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\12.0\Profile.ini
3) open it with notepad and replace 640 with 720. you're done. save.
4) open PD16 and finish your projects with custom profile.

you can modify many things to your preference and liking using the Profile.ini.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
many thanks!
Go to: