Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't edit mp4
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi:
I finished a video a couple of weeks ago and rendered it in mp4.
When viewing the video again, there's a gap I either didn't see or it came about somehow. I put the video back in PD ( I'm using PD 19 ) but am unable to do anything to it with the video.
Can mp4 files be editites in PD or do I have to do something to get it to work?

Thanks for replies
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi:
I finished a video a couple of weeks ago and rendered it in mp4.
When viewing the video again, there's a gap I either didn't see or it came about somehow. I put the video back in PD ( I'm using PD 19 ) but am unable to do anything to it with the video.
Can mp4 files be editites in PD or do I have to do something to get it to work?

Thanks for replies

Since it's a rendered video, you no longer have access to the timeline that created it, so you'd be editing that rendered video stream. If it imports to the Media Library, drop it in the timeline, find the gap, split it out and delete and then render a new video again.

If you can't import it to the Media Library, that's a different issue. Use https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline to list specifics of the mp4 file, download and attach the MediaInfo report for possible clues.

Jeff
Calhoun [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 03, 2018 17:29 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]

Since it's a rendered video, you no longer have access to the timeline that created it, so you'd be editing that rendered video stream. If it imports to the Media Library, drop it in the timeline, find the gap, split it out and delete and then render a new video again.

If you can't import it to the Media Library, that's a different issue. Use https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline to list specifics of the mp4 file, download and attach the MediaInfo report for possible clues.

Jeff

THANKS JEFF - IT WORKED