Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Click the "Edit single channel" icon in upper right hand corner of AD.
1) Click in right channel, Ctrl a to select all, use Delete key to delete
2) Click in left channel, Ctrl a to select all, Ctrl + c to copy
3) Click in right channel, make sure all timeline scrubbers are at the beginning, Ctrl + v to paste

Jeff

Thank you so much I had kept missing the icon in the top right

regards
In Audio Director 13 I want to do the following

• remove right channel music track
  • copy and paste left channel into the right channel space

This will see identical music in both channels

Have looked at several threads on here and am feeling I am missing something simple - thought it would be as easy as selecting one track but for some reason I am going wrong

An idiots guide would be appreciated

Thanks

One such possibility is you've made color adjustment to your GPU. In PD21, try changing the pref > Display to RGB and see if it has an effect. It appears you might have it set at YUV for these changes to be reflected in the timeline.

Another possibility is PD21 does not support the video file, if so, try a converter to encode it to just basic H.264.

Jeff

Many many thanks Jeff

I don't have a clue what YUV is, but and always use RGB and sure enough the setting was YUV

regards
Andrew
I import my video of a friend performing, and before doing any adjustments in PD21 I like to check things are ok.

So the video is on the timeline, and the colours in the preview window on the right are as in the darker image attached

However if I then click play, the colours start off much more faded as in second image

I can correct some of this in the enhance window, but cannot get anything like the original darker image.

Any ideas why the difference in colours from clicking it on the timeline to playing it

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure of how CL recognises and then marks the NB filters. I have had a similar experience when re-installing past versions of PDR, with their accompanying NB packs, as working and then a couple of days later being marked as a trial.

There has been a lot on the forum over the last months, if you search for New Blue, you will probably get 40+ recent posts regarding the changes in CL/NB licensing arrangements and the knock on effect. None of it very hopefull I'm afraid, but something in there might be of help.

If not you could raise a ticket with Support and see what their advice is?

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

thank you for this it is indeed frustrating that changing nothing and this happens.

Will contact Support - think one of the problem areas now is that New Blue have changed all their packages to a new type of product also

regards
Yesterday I was using these within PD20 and all was fine

Today when working with them they all come up with a large X across the screen - both before adding to the timeline and after

Any ideas what might have happened
Quote Have a look at the effect room (F4) and Style Effect: Beating, is that what you are looking for?

Hi

Super many thanks for finding that - it will certainly do the job that i was seeking

Brilliant
Before I upgraded from PD16, I used to have a bouncing effect.

I used this a lot when videos were of live music bands and it had the video literally bouncing (bit like a light flickering)

Now its gone

Can anyone help out with this

thanks
Quote The very best method to remove grain is avoid it from the get go. Not always possible.
Lighting, independent of the stage lights, and aggressive camera settings.
As for post-production, try Avidemux or VirtualDub for the best filters, then export to a PD-friendly format for final edits and delivery.

Thanks for this will have a look at those two items - as they perform at small dark venues I never get any input into the lighting

One venue we had the bands lights set up, when suddenly it all went dark and the keyboard player could not see his keyboard, the property owner had switched the bqackground lights off to create more atmosphere - mid song !!!
Quote There are tools in Fix/Enhance called Video Denoise and Video Enhancement that can be useful in reducing or removal of the ‘grain’ or noise in low light video.

NewBlue Video Essential 2 has a Noise Reducer plugin that can be used if you have it.

thanks for this will experiment and see how I get on
Often I film music bands in dark locations, inevitably when lightning the video up grain is prevalent.

Are there any plug ins or easy ways to remove grain, as other software have
Quote Thank you for the screenshots. I was able to duplicate that the screen5,jpg shows a Black and White Negative transition following the image on the left. See the attached screenshot. That is the X-Ray transition. I was able to cycle it out by doing exactly what I posted earlier. Another way would be to right click on the slideshow on the timeline and choose Remove Slideshow Effects after finding this in the preview. It is possible that you have this transition in the My Favorites to cause this problem.

If you are not able to achieve the results desired then it is best that you do the slideshow manually. Place the desired images from the library room to the timeline in the order you want them. Set the image time duration that you want. Open the transition room and choose Apply Random transitions. Preview the timeline. If that X-Ray transition is seen then simply drag a different transition from the transition room in its place.

Thanks for this Tomasc will have a look at this again tomorrow .
Screen 4 - shows the template selected marked by asterisks

I opened up the timeline in PD16 to try and see images individually

Screen 5 image - shows the B&W transition slipped in clearly

So the question is whether I can do anything to eliminate that transition which is consistently at the same point when playing back - if I had extended timeline more you would have seen it at 19 to 20 seconds location
Hi Tomasc

Video transferred automatically from Slideshow Creator to Track 1 as can be seen in images.

I think the "Normal" selection template as it is named must be wrong.

As you can see from images 1, 2 and 3 - the transition from colour starts at about 19 seconds in, at appx 20 seconds its a B&W one, then at about 21 seconds its back to colour on the next photo.

I tried a different template the "Motion" one and that worked fine.

Next I went back to the "Normal" named one i had wanted to use, and deleted one of the first images to see what happened.

The problem again occurred at the timings mentioned above even though a different photo was now at that location.

I could not find the List by Tony you referred to, is it possible for myself to edit the template in anyway do you know

I did not use SVRT - and actually recreated the problem playing it back in Slideshow Creator review screen itself

Many thanks
Andrew
From time to time I put together a slideshow using Slide Show Creator which came with PD16.

I have tried numerous templates over time which work well.

Today I tried the Normal template and produced a 2. 1/2 minute slideshow in length

Playing it back I found one particular effect in the template which occurred appx 3 images in, and again later showed the image fine, then just before switching to the next transition, the image briefly showed in black and white but not quick enough to view properly.

Is there anyway of editing this transition to stop the B&W happening as it spoils what is otherwise an interesting slideshow

thanks
Andrew

You may want to put the normal video 1 on track 1 and put video 2 on track 2. Resize and reposition the video 2 clip where you want to show in relation to the video in track 1. Go to Fix/Enhance/Color Adjustment/Saturation - change from 100 to 0 to make it Black and White.

Keyframe the Opacity in track 2 to 0 when you don’t want it to show and about 40 to 80 when you want the B&W ghosting to show. You can fade in/out the ghosting with the keyframes too.

Thanks Tomasc that sounds perfect will give it a try tomorrow and report back
Using PD16.

I have two videos I am working on.

Video 1 is straight forward its a normal video of my friends music band.

Video 2, is close ups filmed at the same time as video 1 of various members of the band.

What I am trying to do is at assorted synced places throughout video 1, to have black and white / greyscale clips from video 2, showing in behind the main video 1 like a ghosting in the background effect but not running full screen.

I'm at a loss as to how to obtain this effect, the synching is simple its getting the effect that is baffling me..
Quote PowerDirector users have come up with this Star trek transporter effect in many videos that I have seen over the years. You can find some of them in the DZ as transitions and particles. It is how it is implemented that makes it look good.

Here is a tutorial on creating this effect: https://youtu.be/cxWniZ8reWg .

thanks thomasc - my first search didnt produce anything but I will try again putting Star Trek in

That video link should prove useful
Have been trying to find a specific transition / particle if it exists

Similar to the effect in the TV shows Star Trek, where you have the person in the clip and the effect has a shimmer type effect going through to a fade out or fade in

Has anyone come across similar

thanks
Quote You need to apply a mask on the 3rd clip so that the left half side is visible on the 2nd clip for the person sitting on the left.

thanks tomasc will give this a try
Go to: