Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16 removing grain
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Often I film music bands in dark locations, inevitably when lightning the video up grain is prevalent.

Are there any plug ins or easy ways to remove grain, as other software have
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There are tools in Fix/Enhance called Video Denoise and Video Enhancement that can be useful in reducing or removal of the ‘grain’ or noise in low light video.

NewBlue Video Essential 2 has a Noise Reducer plugin that can be used if you have it.
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There are tools in Fix/Enhance called Video Denoise and Video Enhancement that can be useful in reducing or removal of the ‘grain’ or noise in low light video.

NewBlue Video Essential 2 has a Noise Reducer plugin that can be used if you have it.

thanks for this will experiment and see how I get on
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The very best method to remove grain is avoid it from the get go. Not always possible.
Lighting, independent of the stage lights, and aggressive camera settings.
As for post-production, try Avidemux or VirtualDub for the best filters, then export to a PD-friendly format for final edits and delivery. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The very best method to remove grain is avoid it from the get go. Not always possible.
Lighting, independent of the stage lights, and aggressive camera settings.
As for post-production, try Avidemux or VirtualDub for the best filters, then export to a PD-friendly format for final edits and delivery.

Thanks for this will have a look at those two items - as they perform at small dark venues I never get any input into the lighting

One venue we had the bands lights set up, when suddenly it all went dark and the keyboard player could not see his keyboard, the property owner had switched the bqackground lights off to create more atmosphere - mid song !!!