Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Superimposing and merging videos in PD16
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to merge 3 videos. The scenario is as follows

1. Empty bench video clip

2. Person sitting on left side of bench clip

3. Same Person but sitting on right side of bench clip

I want to end up with a video which starts with the empty bench, then the left side person slowly appears, then the right side person slowly appears whilst the other remains fully visible

The last few seconds of the completed clip showing the person sitting on both sides of the video at the same time
(its the same person)

I have tried following the video on keyframes but am not getting it to work correctly - have managed to get one person in then fading to the other but cannot get them both visible at the same time

Can someone give me a solution

thanks
Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2020 10:43

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You need to apply a mask on the 3rd clip so that the left half side is visible on the 2nd clip for the person sitting on the left.
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You need to apply a mask on the 3rd clip so that the left half side is visible on the 2nd clip for the person sitting on the left.

thanks tomasc will give this a try