Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Appreciate the quick response !

Yes, I may have installed PD18 by clicking on "Power Director 18 Free Download" from https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download and then installed the patches for it (PD18). Anway, fortunately, I had saved my originally downloaded .exe & .part files (4) (when I purchased last yr), so I could deinstall PD18 from the Control Panel & reinstall PD16 again (also had to apply 1 patch for PD16 from the above patches link) - so now everything is as it was before !

Feedback - I just think it's misleading that there is an option/button for "Power Director 18 Free Download" on the page meant for patches + it says "Free" ! So I assumed that PD18 was free & would include all the required patches for PD16. If "PD 18 Free Download" is selected (when all I need is just a patch for PD16), there should be a popup that at the very least explains all the caveats (that I ran into) & make clear that PD18 is not a patch for PD16, it's most certainly not free, and, it's not possible to revert back to PD16 w/o a complete deinstall & reinstall !
I purchased the full CyberlinkMediaSuite 16 in Apr 2019 (Windows 8.1 x64). I think it came w/ PD16 (if I remember).

Last week while I was checking for any update patches, I found & installed these 2 patches :

• PowerDirector_2717_365_Essential_Essential_VDE200203-02.exe

• PowerDirector_2405_GM3_Patch_Patch_VDE191105-01.ex

I'm not sure but I may have also clicked on the "PowerDirector 18 Free Download" & installed it as well

Now when I start PowerDirector

• a popup says "25 days to use premium features" & "Buy PD365 subscription, or use Free Trial Version". So I click on the "Free Trial Version"

• when I save my trimmed video, there is a watermark in bottom right corner "Cyberlink PowerDirector"

How do I remove this watermark ?
Or, how can I revert back to my originally purchased PD ?
I have the original CyberlinkMediaSuite16 files that I downloaded after the purchase - do I need to deinstall & reinstall the whole Suite 16 again ?

I do not wish to upgrade to PD18 (I was quite happy w/ PD16 from my original purchase), nor do I wish to buy the PD365 subscription. Help !

Thanks
Amit
OptoData -
Thank you for the suggestions.

In my case, the scenes in the normal content (& the ads) will be very different at some point (from 1 frame to next), for e.g.,
-- in the content, when the context or background shot of the story changes, &,
-- in the ads when the ads change
Each of the above will produce different scenes.

So even if I reduce scene detection sensitivity & assuming that all the ads are clearly separated out from the content into separate "ad" scenes, I will have scenes that will have
(a) different story context scenes (each scene w/ similar frames & background shots & no ads), and,
(b) different ads scenes (different frames & background shots) w/ no story content.

So I'll have to do a lot of weaving together of content scenes (that don't have ads). This is going to be too time consuming, it's much faster for me right now to just scan (fast fwd, etc.) thru the video, see the ads, mark their begin/end in multi-trim & then just click on "Produce" to produce the final video.

I appreciate your suggestions, maybe scene detection will come in handy when I want to separate out story lines, or, scenes w/ similar frames, I'll try this out later. For now, I'm going to stick to multi-trim - easy & not too time consuming.
Thanks for the suggestions, I tried "Scene Detection" - it does not separate out (or mark) the ads in the video.

I don't know on what basis it's creating the separate scenes, even the actual content sections (without any ads) are split into small "scenes" which I don't want, because then I have to piece together many, many small content scenes. I'm guessing it'll also split the ads into separate "scenes" & then I'll have to remove multiple "ad scenes" !

According to the Help page on Scene Detection - "The scene detection function automatically creates individual clips based on the individual scenes (or pre-edited shots) contained within a video clip." I don't know how it determines "individual scenes" & "pre-edited shots".

So it seems there's no automatic way to remove/mark the commercial ad sections - other than - using Multi-Trim, which is what I'm currently doing by manually scanning thru the video & setting the In/Out markers for the ads & the content.
I have PowerDirector 16 (I purchased the full Cyberlink Media Suite 16), on Windows (64 bit) 8.1.

I have an MP4 video file of a TV show I recorded, it has commercial ads in it.

Is it possible to auto-detect (& auto-remove) the ad segments from the MP4 file ?

or, at least mark the begin-end points of the ads (in the MP4 file) so I can remove them w/ the multi-trim function ?

Thanks in advance
I have no such "Repeat" option upon Rt. Click when the video is playing. When I Rt. Click I see a popup w/ menu options. Please see attached image for menu options + 2nd attachment for "Settings" menu options.

However, Ctrl-R does work. It toggles thru 3 options (icon appears briefly in top right corner)

• No Autorepeat

• Autorepeat from 1st video in folder

• Autorepeat current video only

But I don't have the "Repeat" option when I Rt. click (See 2 attached images) ?
I have Cyberlink Media Suite Ultimate 16 / Power DVD 18.2705.0.62 / Win 8.1 (64 bit).

Currently I have to click "Play" each time the video ends, so it restarts again. How can I have it auto restart from the beginning ?

I couldn't find any setting, checkbox, etc. that I can customize & temporarily turn on so that it auto restarts from the beginning.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Click the "+" sign to the right of the "Profile name/Quality:" area and define and save what you wish.

Another option is to select the "Intelligent SVRT" at the top and see what profile PD creates for your source content in the timeline and adjust as you see fit.

Jeff

I found that "Intelligent SVRT" does not work w/ H.265, if I clicked on it at the top, it automatically switched to H.264 & created its Intelligent SVRT custom profile there. I tried below things:

(Audio was the same for all - 383 Kbps, 2channel, 48KHz)

H.265 - my custom profile of 1920x1080p, 30fps, 14Mbps

• Quality option = was going to take 4.25 hrs, I aborted this !

• Speed option = took 1.25 hrs

H.264 - Intelligent SVRT +

• SVRT radio button = took 2 mins - see attached file

• Intel Quick Sync Video = took 14 mins - see attached file

Thanks for the tip about clicking the "Intelligent SVRT" button at the top, it worked the best for me - faithfully reproduced my originally recorded mp4 quality & w/in reasonable time. So I went w/ the H.264 + Intelligent SVRT + SVRT radio button option.
I have Cyberlink Media Suite 16 Ultimate / Power Director 16 on Windows 8.1 (64 bit).

After trimming in PowerDirector, when I go to save it, I see fixed options like:

• 1920x1080p, 24fps (11Mbps)

• 1920x1080p, 30fps (11Mbps)

1 - Is it possible to customize these options to say, 1920x1080p, 30fps (14Mbps), etc. ?
(Change the Mbps, or, any of the other parameters ?)

I had an MP4 video file : ~3GB, 1920x1080p, 29fps, ~13.6Mbps

After trimming, I picked "1920x1080p, 30fps (11Mbps)", but after saving it was : ~1.8GB, 1920x1080p, 29fps, 9.4Mbps !
(The reduced size is fine, but why wasn't it 11 Mbps as per the selected choice from the dropdown ?)

2 - So apparently the quality of the saved file (9.4 Mbps) can't be selected to be the same as the original (14 Mbps), nor is it the same as the dropdown selection (11 Mbps) after the save ?
-- Please see 2 attached snapshotsof Before & After file properties.
Quote I have Cyberlink Media Suite 16 Ultimate / Power2Go 11 on Windows 8.1. I had created a couple of music CDs & a couple of tags for them, but I've now removed the discs from the right panel (which is completely empty now). The tags still remain in the left panel of the Cyberlink Disc Manager - how do I remove the tags in the left hand panel ?

Thank you, while you (David) were replying, I tried the same thing - inserted a music CD into the burner, it showed up in the right panel, then clicked on "Edit Tags" & then deleted both tags. But the tags were still there in the left panel, so I had to close & restart Power2Go 11 - now there are no tags in the left panel.
I have Cyberlink Media Suite 16 Ultimate / Power2Go 11 on Windows 8.1. I had created a couple of music CDs & a couple of tags for them, but I've now removed the discs from the right panel (which is completely empty now). The tags still remain in the left panel of the Cyberlink Disc Manager - how do I remove the tags in the left hand panel ?
I have Cyberlink Media Suite 16 Ultimate w/ Power Director 16, running on Windows 8.1 (64 bit).
How do I capture HDMI or component video (red/blue/green cables) & audio (red/white cables) directly from my TV (component video/audio output only) or my DVR (component & HDMI video/audio output) ?
What additional h/w & s/w do I need to enable a USB 3.0 input into my laptop (& where do I get it) ?
Thank you in advance.
It works as before now ! Interesting findings:

• My .ts file (that I was trying to trim & convert to .mp4) was created by ArcSoft Media software. Cybermedia PowerDirector can read the file into the editor & can even trim the file, but for some reason get's stuck when producing a .mp4 format file. It can however produce .mp2 & .m2ts (less efficient) formats.

• Normally I use .m4v files (not .ts files) and to my delight I found that I can still read them into the PowerDirector editor, trim & convert them to .mp4 just as I was doing before for all these years !

• So, the .ts (which was a one-off exception to my normal work) for some reason (either because it was produced by ArcSoft Media, or, because PowerDirector just can't convert a .ts to .mp4) can't be converted to .mp4 (but PD can convert it to .mp2 or .m2ts formats)

• The Ad pop-up had nothing to do w/ this as pointed out above by Fenman. Although I've disabled checking for updates, I still see the Ad pop-up but only at the point where I start the conversion from .m4v to .mp4. It does not occur at the main Cybermedia Suite level menu, or, in the PowerDirector main window anymore.

I'd still like to see if/when/what response I get to my online question to their tech support.

Reply from tech support was - "You got it free from Dell" so apparently they're not responsible for it !

Anyway, it stopped working again (as above) even for my .m4v files & the ads are showing up again, so I guess they're doing something internally. Since I have an alternate solution - ArcSoft Total Media Suite - I can do whatever I want to do with it. Best of all ArcSoft Total Media has never forced me to do an upgrade !

SO I'll be uninstalling CyberLink Media Suite since I don't want to be forced to do an upgrade & my alternate solution using ArcSoft Total Media software works just fine. Good riddance CyberLink Media Suite Software !
Quote If I might make a suggestion: when something that has been working suddenly stops it may be because something in the system has performed an automatic update. I would try using System Restore to roll back to a date before it stopped working. If that resolves the problem you would be well advised to turn off all auto-updating and change the setting to notify of updates. I know that can be a bit of an annoyance but at least this way in future you'll know if an update has caused a problem.

The version 15 pop-up advert will not be causing your problem. That's just a coincidence.

Thank you for that suggestion, doing an entire System Restore is a scary option, I don't have a backuped version of my system from a weekago, I only have a system backup from a month ago. If I do a complete system restore from a month ago, I'll lose many, many, many of my other changes on my laptop. So unfortunately doing an entire system restore is not an option. I'll look into whether I can only restore this application from a month ago. I've already disabled checking for updates in the main Suite's settings.

I'm waiting for a response from their tech support, maybe the registry key value in my earlier post may give them a clue as to the cause of this. Last resort is to just do the upgrade, it's after all at 75% off !
Quote I would guess that your Version is a OEM crippled version. Some features in the OEM version are disabled. MP4 may be one of the disabled features.

Since you did not give details of your installed version, I can only guess.

Thank you for replying, sorry for not providing more details. I purchased my laptop (Dell, XPS15, Windows 8.1) in July 2014, bundled w/ Cyberlink Media Suite 10 (PowerDirector v10.0). In the registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Cyberlink/PowerDirector/10.0/BuildInfo/SR_No value is MES130322-01 (Their online tech support form needed this but no response from them yet)

I have been using the MPEG4 production feature in Power Director since July 2014, it just stopped working about a week ago. Other features like AVI, MPEG2 production, etc. work fine. For MPEG4, the ad to upgrade (to ver. 15.0) pops up & MP4 production does not begin (see screenshot attached). Let me know if you need other details of my installed version.

Thank you - amit_a_pradhan@yahoo.com
I'm using a Dell XPS15, Windows 8.1 (Cybermedia v10.0 was included as bundled software)

I load a .TS file, trim the file, go to Produce section :
- Choose MPEG4 + High Quality
- Set Target File to be C:/Videos/Test.mp4
- Click on "Start"
It shows an Advertisement to buy PowerDirector15 & stops; production of file Test.mp4 does not start. I only see the "Pause" or "Cancel Rendering" buttons.

Please see screenshot attached. I'm happy w/ ver.10, I don't want to upgrade to the latest version. This stopped working about a week ago. How do I unblock the MPEG4 production ?
amit_a_pradhan@yahoo.com
Go to: