Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD18 - How to remove watermark or revert back to my originally purchased version ?
AmPr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2017 04:24 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased the full CyberlinkMediaSuite 16 in Apr 2019 (Windows 8.1 x64). I think it came w/ PD16 (if I remember).

Last week while I was checking for any update patches, I found & installed these 2 patches :

• PowerDirector_2717_365_Essential_Essential_VDE200203-02.exe

• PowerDirector_2405_GM3_Patch_Patch_VDE191105-01.ex

I'm not sure but I may have also clicked on the "PowerDirector 18 Free Download" & installed it as well

Now when I start PowerDirector

• a popup says "25 days to use premium features" & "Buy PD365 subscription, or use Free Trial Version". So I click on the "Free Trial Version"

• when I save my trimmed video, there is a watermark in bottom right corner "Cyberlink PowerDirector"

How do I remove this watermark ?
Or, how can I revert back to my originally purchased PD ?
I have the original CyberlinkMediaSuite16 files that I downloaded after the purchase - do I need to deinstall & reinstall the whole Suite 16 again ?

I do not wish to upgrade to PD18 (I was quite happy w/ PD16 from my original purchase), nor do I wish to buy the PD365 subscription. Help !

Thanks
Amit

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 19. 2020 18:08

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Last week while I was checking for any update patches, I found & installed these 2 patches :

• PowerDirector_2717_365_Essential_Essential_VDE200203-02.exe

• PowerDirector_2405_GM3_Patch_Patch_VDE191105-01.ex

I'm not sure but I may have also clicked on the "PowerDirector 18 Free Download" & installed it as well

Now when I start PowerDirector

• a popup says "25 days to use premium features" & "Buy PD365 subscription, or use Free Trial Version". So I click on the "Free Trial Version"

• when I save my trimmed video, there is a watermark in bottom right corner "Cyberlink PowerDirector"

How do I remove this watermark ?

Those particular patches that you claimed to have installed are for PD18 not PD16. See this link: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download and fill in the blanks and follow the instructions. To update your particular version of PD16, click the word PowerDirector on the top right of the screen. A window pops up. Click Update or Upgrade and the available patches will be displayed if any are available.

You can uninstal the trial version of PD18 by going to to the pc settings/Apps . Click on the software and select Uninstal. If using an older versions of Windows then use the control panel.
AmPr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2017 04:24 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Appreciate the quick response !

Yes, I may have installed PD18 by clicking on "Power Director 18 Free Download" from https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download and then installed the patches for it (PD18). Anway, fortunately, I had saved my originally downloaded .exe & .part files (4) (when I purchased last yr), so I could deinstall PD18 from the Control Panel & reinstall PD16 again (also had to apply 1 patch for PD16 from the above patches link) - so now everything is as it was before !

Feedback - I just think it's misleading that there is an option/button for "Power Director 18 Free Download" on the page meant for patches + it says "Free" ! So I assumed that PD18 was free & would include all the required patches for PD16. If "PD 18 Free Download" is selected (when all I need is just a patch for PD16), there should be a popup that at the very least explains all the caveats (that I ran into) & make clear that PD18 is not a patch for PD16, it's most certainly not free, and, it's not possible to revert back to PD16 w/o a complete deinstall & reinstall !