Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector v10.0 - MPEG4 production blocked by Ad
AmPr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2017 04:24 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using a Dell XPS15, Windows 8.1 (Cybermedia v10.0 was included as bundled software)

I load a .TS file, trim the file, go to Produce section :
- Choose MPEG4 + High Quality
- Set Target File to be C:/Videos/Test.mp4
- Click on "Start"
It shows an Advertisement to buy PowerDirector15 & stops; production of file Test.mp4 does not start. I only see the "Pause" or "Cancel Rendering" buttons.

Please see screenshot attached. I'm happy w/ ver.10, I don't want to upgrade to the latest version. This stopped working about a week ago. How do I unblock the MPEG4 production ?
amit_a_pradhan@yahoo.com
[Thumb - Cyberlink-PowerDirector-MPEG4-CannotProduce.JPG]
 Filename
Cyberlink-PowerDirector-MPEG4-CannotProduce.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot of Blocked MPEG4 production
 Filesize
326 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I would guess that your Version is a OEM crippled version. Some features in the OEM version are disabled. MP4 may be one of the disabled features.

Since you did not give details of your installed version, I can only guess. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

AmPr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I would guess that your Version is a OEM crippled version. Some features in the OEM version are disabled. MP4 may be one of the disabled features.

Since you did not give details of your installed version, I can only guess.

Thank you for replying, sorry for not providing more details. I purchased my laptop (Dell, XPS15, Windows 8.1) in July 2014, bundled w/ Cyberlink Media Suite 10 (PowerDirector v10.0). In the registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Cyberlink/PowerDirector/10.0/BuildInfo/SR_No value is MES130322-01 (Their online tech support form needed this but no response from them yet)

I have been using the MPEG4 production feature in Power Director since July 2014, it just stopped working about a week ago. Other features like AVI, MPEG2 production, etc. work fine. For MPEG4, the ad to upgrade (to ver. 15.0) pops up & MP4 production does not begin (see screenshot attached). Let me know if you need other details of my installed version.

Thank you - amit_a_pradhan@yahoo.com
[Thumb - Cyberlink-PowerDirector-MPEG4-CannotProduce.JPG]
 Filename
Cyberlink-PowerDirector-MPEG4-CannotProduce.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
MPEG4 production halted due to Ad popup
 Filesize
326 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
If I might make a suggestion: when something that has been working suddenly stops it may be because something in the system has performed an automatic update. I would try using System Restore to roll back to a date before it stopped working. If that resolves the problem you would be well advised to turn off all auto-updating and change the setting to notify of updates. I know that can be a bit of an annoyance but at least this way in future you'll know if an update has caused a problem.

The version 15 pop-up advert will not be causing your problem. That's just a coincidence. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
AmPr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If I might make a suggestion: when something that has been working suddenly stops it may be because something in the system has performed an automatic update. I would try using System Restore to roll back to a date before it stopped working. If that resolves the problem you would be well advised to turn off all auto-updating and change the setting to notify of updates. I know that can be a bit of an annoyance but at least this way in future you'll know if an update has caused a problem.

The version 15 pop-up advert will not be causing your problem. That's just a coincidence.

Thank you for that suggestion, doing an entire System Restore is a scary option, I don't have a backuped version of my system from a weekago, I only have a system backup from a month ago. If I do a complete system restore from a month ago, I'll lose many, many, many of my other changes on my laptop. So unfortunately doing an entire system restore is not an option. I'll look into whether I can only restore this application from a month ago. I've already disabled checking for updates in the main Suite's settings.

I'm waiting for a response from their tech support, maybe the registry key value in my earlier post may give them a clue as to the cause of this. Last resort is to just do the upgrade, it's after all at 75% off !
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Just to clarify I'm not referring to a full system backup but to the Windows System Restore utility. This allows roll-back of certain system components such as device drivers and registry settings. It won't remove newly-installed applications, for example.

Edit: After re-reading the link that I posted above I think I was wrong about that last statement.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2017 05:02

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
AmPr [Avatar]
[Post New]
It works as before now ! Interesting findings:

• My .ts file (that I was trying to trim & convert to .mp4) was created by ArcSoft Media software. Cybermedia PowerDirector can read the file into the editor & can even trim the file, but for some reason get's stuck when producing a .mp4 format file. It can however produce .mp2 & .m2ts (less efficient) formats.

• Normally I use .m4v files (not .ts files) and to my delight I found that I can still read them into the PowerDirector editor, trim & convert them to .mp4 just as I was doing before for all these years !

• So, the .ts (which was a one-off exception to my normal work) for some reason (either because it was produced by ArcSoft Media, or, because PowerDirector just can't convert a .ts to .mp4) can't be converted to .mp4 (but PD can convert it to .mp2 or .m2ts formats)

• The Ad pop-up had nothing to do w/ this as pointed out above by Fenman. Although I've disabled checking for updates, I still see the Ad pop-up but only at the point where I start the conversion from .m4v to .mp4. It does not occur at the main Cybermedia Suite level menu, or, in the PowerDirector main window anymore.

I'd still like to see if/when/what response I get to my online question to their tech support.

Reply from tech support was - "You got it free from Dell" so apparently they're not responsible for it !

Anyway, it stopped working again (as above) even for my .m4v files & the ads are showing up again, so I guess they're doing something internally. Since I have an alternate solution - ArcSoft Total Media Suite - I can do whatever I want to do with it. Best of all ArcSoft Total Media has never forced me to do an upgrade !

SO I'll be uninstalling CyberLink Media Suite since I don't want to be forced to do an upgrade & my alternate solution using ArcSoft Total Media software works just fine. Good riddance CyberLink Media Suite Software !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 10. 2017 18:49