Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does anyone know how to get a still image as a button on the menu rather than the videos of the project playing in the button?
If I have a 3D video camera that records 3D files can I import these files into Powerdirector as I do any other video file, and then produce a Blu-ray 3D disk?
Latest update: I've converted the mp3s that were giving me the problem to wav files and the project burns OK to blu-ray now.

Very strange, as the mp3s were OK when I burnt the project as a DVD instead of blu-ray.
Dafydd,

After some very long tests, it looks like the problem is to do with transitions between videos ( I added random) and the soundtrack. I'm performing more tests to see which mp3 files are causing me problems.

I removed both transition and sound files from my project and it then burned successfully.

As there is no burn to folder option for blue ray (design feature!), is producing to a m2ts AVC H.264 file the same thing?

Thanks Bevan
Dafydd,

I unticked the 'Enable File processing' option and tried to burn again. However, with both 'Enable CUDA' and 'enable hardware encoder' options selected PD8 crashed after 3%. With 'Enable hardware encoder' unticked the burning process locked up at 46%. I noticed in the task manager that the PD8Hanuman.exe process was still running but not using any CPU during burning.

I am tyring to burn with the encoding set to H.264. Is this correct?

If only there was a burn to folder option for Blu-Ray!

Thanks
Bevan
I have a project that I can burn successfully to a DVD folder and a DVD itself. However, when I try to burn to a blu-ray it fails with the burning process locking up at 16% (No menu). Spec is below:

MB = Inno3D SL7N73PVM-HDMI
Processor = Intel Pentium 4 531 3GHz Socket 775 800MHz
RAM = 4GB
Graphics = Inno3D 9400GT 1GB DDR2
Blu-ray drive = LG GBW-T10N

If I select the Enable CUDA and Enable Hardware video encoder options the burning is quicker, but PD8 crashes at 3% (send/don't send report type of crash).

If I look at the videos in the project it has a yellow icon on them saying that shadow files are generating. Do all these need to be green with shadow files generated before I can burn?

Any help gratfully received.

Thanks
Bevan
Thanks Adrian and Con. I shall bare this info in mind.

Thanks

Bevan
Thanks David,

I realise my area is PAL (25fps) but I was interested in whether NTSC would be a better choice at 30fps as the video I have captured is 30fps and 60fps. Is anything lost in the conversion to PAL?

Thanks

Bevan
I have an HD camera that is capable of filming .mov at 720p (30fps), 720p (60fps) & 1080p (30fps). If I have a combination of all three in a PD8 project do I need to set the disc preferences to the lowest value (720p) or if I set it to the highest value (1080p) will PD8 upscale?

Also, what is the best value to select as TV format PAL(25fps) or NTSC(30fps)?

Thanks

Bevan
Thanks Andrew,

It's not just me then!
I have a BD-RE that I am using but was hoping to use the folder option.

Thanks Again
Bevan
I'm trying to diagnose a problem I have when creating a Blu-ray disc but the option to create folder rather than burn to disc is 'greyed-out' and not selectable. If I chose to create a DVD instead, the opton is there. Does anyone know why this would be?

Thanks
Bevan
Thanks for the advice Dafydd. I'm still hoping the offical support ticket may help with investigation. However, the last comms I had was that I had installed PD8 delux instead of ultra when I was only sent a link to the ultra software and the 'about' box states that the ultra is installed.
Hi Dafydd,

Would a new motherboard with onboard graphics such as an ASUS P5G41-M do the job ?

Thanks
Bevan
Hi Dafydd,

I've attached the DxDiag for the PC it worked on. 2GHz centrino, 1GB Ram, 256M video Ram.

If there was a problem with the spec of the PC I would expect the PC just to run slowly, not just to crash.

Thanks for your help so far.

Bevan
Dafydd,

I've attached the DxDiag.

The strange thing is the files installed OK on another machine. Also, on the PC where PD8 crashes the icon for PD8 is blue, whereas on the OK PC the icon is black. I think I removed all trace of PD7 in regedit.

Any ideas?
I recently purchased, downloaded and installed PD8. The install looked as though it went OK but when I start PD8 and try and select anything from the left menu, such as titles or transitions, PD8 crashes. I've raised a support ticket and they have provided me with latest download file and various other thing to try and correct the problem, all of which have failed. I have uninstalled, run windows cleanup, cleared regedit, reinstalled but PD8 still crashes. The latest advice is to install on another PC, which I will try later today.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Adrian, Dafydd,

Thanks for the responses. I'll try and load onto another machine I have to ensure the original machine is the problem before I do anything that drastic!

Thanks again!
Bevan
Dafydd,

I've tried uninstalling/installing many times using many methods, including the one stated in the link.

As a test I created a small project just using one jpg that is one of the default files loaded upon startup (the windmill). I then went to create disk and 'burned' to folder. As stated earlier, all OK when enable thumbnail ticked, code a0040003 received when enable thumbnail unticked.

As a software tester myself, I'm as stumped as you are!

Thanks
Bevan
Dafydd,

Thanks for the response. However, the problem is not when I want to see thumbnails, that works OK. The problem is when I want to turn them off.

The version I am running, according to 'About PowerDirector' is:

PowerDirector Deluxe

SR Number:
VDE070717-03
Can anyone help with a burning issue I am having? I am trying to burn a project using PowerDirector6 and I am receiving error a0040003 at the end. I have narrowed the problem down to the 'Enable Video Thumbnail'option in the menu config. If I select the Video Thumnail option all is well and the project burns Ok. If I unselect the option the burning fails,even if I burn to a folder. The only difference between successful and unsuccessful burning is the Enable Video Thumbnail option. Cyberlink support states that this feature is unavailable! If so, why is it an option? Plus, I'm sure I have used it before!
Go to: