Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning Error A0040003
burgesb1970 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2007 15:38 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Can anyone help with a burning issue I am having? I am trying to burn a project using PowerDirector6 and I am receiving error a0040003 at the end. I have narrowed the problem down to the 'Enable Video Thumbnail'option in the menu config. If I select the Video Thumnail option all is well and the project burns Ok. If I unselect the option the burning fails,even if I burn to a folder. The only difference between successful and unsuccessful burning is the Enable Video Thumbnail option. Cyberlink support states that this feature is unavailable! If so, why is it an option? Plus, I'm sure I have used it before!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A
PowerDirector Version build

My guess is you have a cut down version that's 6.5 express or something as thumbnail video are available in the deluxe full version of PD6.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2008 12:37

burgesb1970 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Thanks for the response. However, the problem is not when I want to see thumbnails, that works OK. The problem is when I want to turn them off.

The version I am running, according to 'About PowerDirector' is:

PowerDirector Deluxe

SR Number:
VDE070717-03
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I realised that...but the issue is weird and not something mentioned on the forum before.

The only difference between successful and unsuccessful burning is the Enable Video Thumbnail option. Cyberlink support states that this feature is unavailable! If so, why is it an option? Plus, I'm sure I have used it before!
Support comment as you've stated is utter drivel as thumbnail usage and video etc are part of PD6 deluxe.

Ok, the standard response on this sort of issue is to get you to carry out an uninstall/reinstall. I'm also wondering if there is a unrecognised (corrupt or a format PD6 doesn't like) being used as the first chapter (thumbnail) video.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART C

I'm using PowerDirector 7 and my brain becomes non-reverse compatible on older versions of PD.

Dafydd

Bevan = a name that means "son of Ieuan" "son of Evan", derived from Mab for son and Ieuan. Definately a distinct Welsh name and is the result of the way our forefathers announced themselves to others by stating their lineage, by giving our father's name, followed by ab or ap (son of) and then the names of one's grandfather, greatgrandfather and as far back as one could recall. Just thought you'd like to know. You are the direct decendant of your forefathers line - a genetic line to your past.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2008 03:11

burgesb1970 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I've tried uninstalling/installing many times using many methods, including the one stated in the link.

As a test I created a small project just using one jpg that is one of the default files loaded upon startup (the windmill). I then went to create disk and 'burned' to folder. As stated earlier, all OK when enable thumbnail ticked, code a0040003 received when enable thumbnail unticked.

As a software tester myself, I'm as stumped as you are!

Thanks
Bevan
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bevan

I run PD6 2319 on a Packard Bell XP MCE SP3 AMD 64x2 4600+ 3GbRAM Radeon x1600 graphics.

I tested as follows :-

Test
Aquarium loaded, create disc, use template 1,untick enable video thumbnail, burn to folder. Play with Power DVD 6. Video thumbnail static.No problems playing

windmill loaded, create disc, use template 1,untick enable video thumbnail, burn to folder. Play with Power DVD 6. Video thumbnail static (obviously).No problems playing

Aquarium loaded, create disc, use template 1,tick enable video thumbnail, burn to folder. Play with Power DVD 6. Video thumbnail working.No problems playing

windmill loaded, create disc, use template 1,tick enable video thumbnail, burn to folder. Play with Power DVD 6. Video thumbnail static (obviously).No problems playing.

So I can't replicate your problem - back to the drawing board (so to speak, old technology - I know)

Cheers
Adrian
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Final solution: Wipe your OS and start again.

OR

Try out PD7 Trial and see what that's like.

Dafydd
burgesb1970 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Adrian, Dafydd,

Thanks for the responses. I'll try and load onto another machine I have to ensure the original machine is the problem before I do anything that drastic!

Thanks again!
Bevan