Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-Ray burning problems
burgesb1970 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2007 15:38 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I have a project that I can burn successfully to a DVD folder and a DVD itself. However, when I try to burn to a blu-ray it fails with the burning process locking up at 16% (No menu). Spec is below:

MB = Inno3D SL7N73PVM-HDMI
Processor = Intel Pentium 4 531 3GHz Socket 775 800MHz
RAM = 4GB
Graphics = Inno3D 9400GT 1GB DDR2
Blu-ray drive = LG GBW-T10N

If I select the Enable CUDA and Enable Hardware video encoder options the burning is quicker, but PD8 crashes at 3% (send/don't send report type of crash).

If I look at the videos in the project it has a yellow icon on them saying that shadow files are generating. Do all these need to be green with shadow files generated before I can burn?

Any help gratfully received.

Thanks
Bevan
 Filename
DxDiag_bb.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
626 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2009 05:21

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

open PD8 - select from your keyboard Alt +C
and/or
Directors chair icon > Edit > Preferences > general tab
Untick/uncheck "Enable file processing to speed up high def......"
Chick OK

With your set up you do not need the shadow edit files.
The Hanuman exe was still background processing the HD files, you don't need that - hence my instruction.

Please go and open your project and try again etc etc.

My next instruction would be to try and make another project - slap PD8 around a bit, and then try and replicate the fault.

After that CyberLink will need the actual project to see if they can replicate.

Let us know how you get on.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2009 14:37

burgesb1970 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I unticked the 'Enable File processing' option and tried to burn again. However, with both 'Enable CUDA' and 'enable hardware encoder' options selected PD8 crashed after 3%. With 'Enable hardware encoder' unticked the burning process locked up at 46%. I noticed in the task manager that the PD8Hanuman.exe process was still running but not using any CPU during burning.

I am tyring to burn with the encoding set to H.264. Is this correct?

If only there was a burn to folder option for Blu-Ray!

Thanks
Bevan
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Bevan,
I need you to do a test build of a new project and load it with selections similar to your actual project. I'm trying to get you to replicate the issue in the NEW project.

My aim is for you to check, analysis and provide a replicatable issue and then present the information in a constructive manner for R&D to duplicate and solve the problem.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2009 05:45

burgesb1970 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

After some very long tests, it looks like the problem is to do with transitions between videos ( I added random) and the soundtrack. I'm performing more tests to see which mp3 files are causing me problems.

I removed both transition and sound files from my project and it then burned successfully.

As there is no burn to folder option for blue ray (design feature!), is producing to a m2ts AVC H.264 file the same thing?

Thanks Bevan
burgesb1970 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Latest update: I've converted the mp3s that were giving me the problem to wav files and the project burns OK to blu-ray now.

Very strange, as the mp3s were OK when I burnt the project as a DVD instead of blu-ray.